5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not like he made himself undroppable whenever he played
That's irrelevant when there was a chance for him to go elsewhere at the start of the season and he was happy to go. It is poor management just like Romero.

He must be the most overrated player on the caf

Who over rates him? Most people just want to see what he can do in our first XI over a slightly longer period of games. It's a mystery, to be honest. It's not as if the other midfielders are consistently better. I think he deserves a run of games; if it works out then great, if not, we get rid.

It seems he cant get rid of his former agent whom he 'fired' not too long ago. The contract prohibits another agent working for Donny and runs until the end of this season. That pretty much means he's stuck on the bench for another half year
He could still do everything himself, which would be fecking hilarious.

I personally wouldn't want to see him go unless we're going to bring in another midfielder.

Fred
McTominay
new DM
Pogba
Matic

should be enough.

But yeah, if we're going to wait until the summer we should keep him on the bench.

Big trainings etc, but nobody give him game time

This one is even more ridiculous

Wanting him to stay and try to get playtime while also not giving him game time when it was possible.

Looks like Ralf doesn't rate him as well. Not sure what is wrong but definitely looks to be leaving this summer latest unless ETH comes in.

This one is even more ridiculous

Wanting him to stay and try to get playtime while also not giving him game time when it was possible.

I don't get it. If he's not good enough, sell him. What's this "well, he's performed great in training, but... we're not gonna play him. Yet, we won't sell him either and will continue to give him false promises". Is the lad the club mascot or something?

I don't get it. If he's not good enough, sell him. What's this "well, he's performed great in training, but... we're not gonna play him. Yet, we won't sell him either and will continue to give him false promises". Is the lad the club mascot or something?
Someone needs to sit on the bench and I think VDB being "forced" to stay indicates we're not going for a DM this transfer window.

What else can RR do if he's not backed by the board to spend?

Someone needs to sit on the bench and I think VDB being "forced" to stay indicates we're not going for a DM this transfer window.

What else can RR do if he's not backed by the board to spend?
Play him. Having a player with no match fitness as a backup isn't a good idea anyway, especially if it's someone you don't think is good enough and doesn't want to be here.
Sell him and give a youngster a shot. The season is already over anyway.

Play him. Having a player with no match fitness as a backup isn't a good idea anyway, especially if it's someone you don't think is good enough and doesn't want to be here.
Sell him and give a youngster a shot. The season is already over anyway.
He isn't a backup as in he's the first guy off the bench. He's a fringe squad player in case of an injury crisis. He's not our Klaassen, he's our Viktor Jensen. Does EtH play Jensen to keep him match fit?

What are you on about?
This season is far from over, we're fighting for top 4 and we're in the CL? Hello?

If you think United's season is over because VDB isn't playing give your head a wobble or ask an admin to change your supporters tag.

The mystery with DVB is we really don't know if he could be good or not. We all saw him in that CL run with Ajax but his time at United is basically a black hole.
That is why he gets so much attention here because people genuinely want to know if he is someone who can improve the team. Obviously 2 managers now think no so something must be going wrong. I just dont know why he doesnt get 6-10 games so he can be judged properly. Normally thats what happens with any signing you spend a lot of money on. Very strange.

He isn't a backup as in he's the first guy off the bench. He's a fringe squad player in case of an injury crisis. He's not our Klaassen, he's our Viktor Jensen. Does EtH play Jensen to keep him match fit?
You made my point for me. The spot should go to a youngster who can play in the youth teams(Jensen in your example), not to somebody like VDB. Fringe players should be either youngsters or players nearing the end of their career who accept 5 minutes a month. You don't want a player in that spot who doesn't want to be there.

You made my point for me. The spot should go to a youngster who can play in the youth teams(Jensen in your example), not to somebody like VDB. Fringe players should be either youngsters or players nearing the end of their career who accept 5 minutes a month. You don't want a player in that spot who doesn't want to be there.
I agree with you, but Ralf can't overhaul the entire squad overnight, especially if he's not backed.

Perhaps he doesn't rate Mejbri, Garner, Galbraith etc.

Donny's problem is that he isn't on a massive wage like Marital and that he's a top professional who doesn't sulk except for throwing out his chewing gum. So we're not desperate to get rid.

He made his own bed when he signed for a club that has Bruno and Pogba as an attacking midfielder.

I agree with you, but Ralf can't overhaul the entire squad overnight, especially if he's not backed.

Perhaps he doesn't rate Mejbri, Garner, Galbraith etc.

Donny's problem is that he isn't on a massive wage like Marital and that he's a top professional who doesn't sulk except for throwing out his chewing gum. So we're not desperate to get rid.

He made his own bed when he signed for a club that has Bruno and Pogba as an attacking midfielder.
Then why is he still benched when both of them don't even play?

Will go down as one of the weirdest situations for a player at this club ever. I don't care how bad of a player he is, I refuse to believe he's any worse than the players who keep getting game after game after game despite them playing like the worst players on the entire planet.

So honestly... In which scenario would he actually come in... Its baffling..

Then why is he still benched when both of them don't even play?
Before this game, I would've answered, different system, we don't play with a CAM anymore.

After this game, I think he didn't sleep with Ole's missus but with someone upstairs. Only explanation and a lot more probable than "he's shit in training".

I'm sure he was shit in training too at a better club like Ajax or the Dutch NT.

He must have taken the biggest shit in someone's locker at some point

He must be an utter cnut who goes around littering and not contributing when there's a collection for a birthday.

Otherwise I have no clue why he never gets a real chance.

The only question is - why are they putting him even on the bench? He is never brought in as a sub, even when we clearly need him, so why even pretend?

Subbing Sancho for Rashford, who made things worse, instead of bringing DvB for McT was a horrible decision.

Crazy

Midfield let’s us down every week yet can’t get a minute off the bench. Don’t think I’ve ever seen such a bizarre signing/situation in my life.

Criminal how McTom getts 90 minutes so often when he is terrible. VdB can’t be worse surely with run of games!

His situation is probably the weirdest I've ever seen at the club. At least with Bebe you can just chalk it down to some mild corruption. I can't wait until the true story of Donny's time here comes out.

His situation is probably the weirdest I've ever seen at the club. At least with Bebe you can just chalk it down to some mild corruption. I can't wait until the true story of Donny's time here comes out.
What story do you really think there's going to be?

Criminal how McTom getts 90 minutes so often when he is terrible. VdB can’t be worse surely with run of games!
McT is fine for me. But not Matic. Too slow. Gave away possession far too often. Surely anyone is better than him at the moment

Honestly at this point it really feels like there is something else going on. It is so bizarre, how does another manager come in and freeze the same player out again when Ole could have let him go before the season and Rangnick could sell him in this window like Martial but won't

What story do you really think there's going to be?

I'm hoping something dramatic like murder, mistaken identity, a twin that was unknown about until recently... even some political espionage.

It'll probably be something boring. I'm just continuously astounded that he never gets a look in.

He’s been sihte in midfield two every fecking time. And yes worse than Mcfred! On top of that his attitude towards Rangick seemed a bit iffy during his last start when taking instructions. It’s not difficult to see why he isn’t the answer. He’s had plenty of chances he hasnt taken.

Is he really worse than McTominay!? It can’t be. VDB is a good pAsser of the ball and bas a high work rate, i don’t understand how he isn’t getting a proper chance

Status
Not open for further replies.