Die Hard

You have AIR. It's basically all about a fat black cop with a guilty conscience who, through a pen pall like correspondence with Bruce Willis, learns to love killing people again.

It's the greatest action film ever made.

A good day to Die Hard?! Patrick Stewart as villain?! Oh this is going to be epic.

Nah, the best Die Hards are the ones with English bad guys. That guy out of Shawshank just doesn't compare to Alan Rickman or Irons. Its a good action film though. Die Hard 4, like T3, doesn't count.

yeah fair point, there is not much in it, I just like 2 slightly better,
After the bad review I have not watched Die Hard 4.
The first 2 I can watch over and over again, only seen the 3rd one a few times.

The second is just off the first for levels of awesomeness.

I can watch this over and over again.

I think 3 is my favourite. You can't go wrong with a Bruce Willis and Samuel L. Jackson combo.

Me too, from 3 my favourites are in reverse order. I think 3 was also the first one I saw, but still it's a lot better anyway in my opinion.

The correct order is 1 - 3 - 2. Like Indiana Jones. And like Jones, the 4th doesn't count and should be forgotten forever. This is final.

Though that's going to get harder to argue since they're doing a 5th and Bruce wants to do a 6th. By which time he'll probably be in a vest & slippers. Hollywood should really pass a law that prevents people revisiting successful films in later years.

The correct order is 1 - 3 - 2. Like Indiana Jones. And like Jones, the 4th doesn't count and should be forgotten forever. This is final.

Though that's going to get harder to argue since they're doing a 5th and Bruce wants to do a 6th. By which time he'll probably be in a vest & slippers. Hollywood should really pass a law that prevents people revisiting successful films in later years.

So many laws that need to be enacted in that fecking industry. There should also be a cap on the amount of tropes in a film.

Has there ever been a successful sequel done 10+ years after the last one that's ever been worth it? Rocky Balboa was alright I suppose. If incredibly implausible. It was certainly less rapey than the originals.

If such a law existed The Godfather, Indy, Die Hard, Alien and Terminator films would be almost flawless as franchises ...And obviously Star Wars for those inclined. (though tbf, I don't actually like Temple of Doom too much..There's a lot wrong with that one. Even after the racism)

* incidentally. After googling film franchises, apparently the 4 Pirates of the Caribbean films have grossed more than the 8 Batman films. Now that's just silly. That franchise should've stopped after one. That should also be a law. Somehow. Matrix, Jurassic Park, Men In Black. None of them should've had sequels.

That said Samuel L Jackson is possibly the least annoying and most useful film sidekick ever.
Zeus: Why you keep calling me Jésus? I look Puerto Rican to you?
John McClane: Guy back there called you Jésus.
Zeus: He didn't say Jésus. He said, "Hey, Zeus!" My name is Zeus.
John McClane: Zeus?
Zeus: Yeah, Zeus! As in, father of Apollo? Mt. Olympus? Don't feck with me or I'll shove a lightning bolt up your ass? Zeus! You got a problem with that?
John McClane: No, I don't have a problem with that.

One of the best back-and-forths in cinematic history

Zeus: Why you keep calling me Jésus? I look Puerto Rican to you?
John McClane: Guy back there called you Jésus.
Zeus: He didn't say Jésus. He said, "Hey, Zeus!" My name is Zeus.
John McClane: Zeus?
Zeus: Yeah, Zeus! As in, father of Apollo? Mt. Olympus? Don't feck with me or I'll shove a lightning bolt up your ass? Zeus! You got a problem with that?
John McClane: No, I don't have a problem with that.

One of the best back-and-forths in cinematic history

Love that scene.

I'm aware this will more than likely be entirely terrible, but I'm still pumped.

Yaaaawwwn...they really are trying too hard now. When jokes are inserted purposely into the film relating to his past adventures with the daughters comment when dropping him off at the airport, you know it's not going to that good. I'll still check it out, but I am not expecting much.

Its like an overrun sitcom now where they send everyone on holiday and introduce long lost family members in an attempt to keep it fresh but they just take focus off the things you watched it for in the first place.

I will still watch it, and I will still absolutely love it.