Die Hard

I don't really get why people seem to hate sequels, they don't ruin the originals, not for me anyway. Indy 4 doesn't make Raiders worse. The Matrix sequels haven't tarnished the original. It's the same with Die Hard. Even though it was massively over the top (and contained Justin Long) I still think 4.0 was a decent Die Hard film and a good action film.

medium_1c717788f51b736da69aae87256a26a4.jpg

watched die hard 4 for the first time the other day on tele. Surprisingly decent. Chinese bird was proper fit as well.

I don't really get why people seem to hate sequels, they don't ruin the originals, not for me anyway. Indy 4 doesn't make Raiders worse. The Matrix sequels haven't tarnished the original. It's the same with Die Hard. Even though it was massively over the top (and contained Justin Long) I still think 4.0 was a decent Die Hard film and a good action film.

It doesn't ruin the originals but it can still spoil something of a franchise, for example if I was asked which series of movies was better Die Hard or the Lethal Weapons I would have to go with the Lethal Weapons because of the last couple of Die Hard movies (assuming the 5th isn't that good as the clips don't look promising)

And your right that Indy 4 doesn't spoil Raiders but I don't think it was that bad, alright not in the same class as that or The Last Crusade but I've never understood why fans are so disgusted by it but tolerate The Temple of Doom which IMO is by far the worst Indy movie.

Second one is on Film 4 Wednesday night, pity it clashes with the game.

Love the second one, might have to go through them all before I watch the fifth movie. I'm not impressed with the trailers but it is Die Hard so got to give it a chance.

I love the die hard franchise but probably going to get slated for this....

My order of preference

1. Die Hard With A Vengeance
2. Die Hard 2: Die Harder
3. Die Hard
4. Die Hard 4.0

I see the new one has had a load of cuts to get a 12a rating in the uk, dont understand why they want to remove the thing that helped make Die Hard great in the first place

The trilogy are the best in chronological order.

4.0 was shit and the new one looks absolutely terrible.

Yippee Kay Yay Mother Russia.

I bet he jumps over a shark in the new one.

I love the die hard franchise but probably going to get slated for this....

My order of preference

1. Die Hard With A Vengeance
2. Die Hard 2: Die Harder
3. Die Hard
4. Die Hard 4.0

I see the new one has had a load of cuts to get a 12a rating in the uk, dont understand why they want to remove the thing that helped make Die Hard great in the first place

Oh you're just super, super wrong. You have the wrongest opinion in recorded history.

Why are they still making these? This one is about him and his son, what a lame plot.

Should have ended at Vengeance.

Why are they still making these? This one is about him and his son, what a lame plot.

Should have ended at Vengeance.

There's probably a bit more to it than that, but I know what you mean.

Agreed. Vengeance is my favourite one, should have finished it there.

I don't understand how anyone doesn't think the original is the best in the series. Or the best film ever.

There's probably a bit more to it than that, but I know what you mean.

I don't understand how anyone doesn't think the original is the best in the series. Or the best film ever.

The original is brilliant, but just behind Vengeance for me. What makes Vengeance is the fabulous double act of Willis and Jackson.

I have a terrifying vision that Yipee-ki-yay will be said by both of them, or worse, just the son in this one. I may hurt people if this is the case.

Danny Leigh on Film 2013 said last night that he just says Yipee-ki-yay mother.

WHAT.

Presumably a gunshot and/or explosion covers the fecker part? He can't just say mother?

Unless his mother is the villan in this one. Which would tie into the family theme.

Again, I will hurt someone.

Number 4 was shit, not expecting much more from this. Certainly won't come close to With a Vengeance. John Moore is a talentless clown.

Bring McClane back to either NY or LA and have him chasing around town looking for bombs or something. And make him hungover, smoking, cursing, unshaven; all whilst covered in blood. And give him a decent sidekick again, like Sam Jackson was. And give them some dialogue actually worth uttering. And give them a decent and interesting opponent, like Jeremy Irons was. And bring John McTiernan back.

I take you back to a conversation I had with my fellow Die Hard loving friend when we first saw the trailer for Die Hard 5.

Me: "That will probably be really shit"
Friend: "Yep... it'll be awful"
Me: ".... so we're seeing it on opening weekend then?"
Friend: "Oh of course"

I think the thing that this new film has going for it is that Die Hard 4.0 was so bad, that expectations for this film are almost rock bottom... which can only help its chances I feel.

Well they have done one thing right that they screwed up last time: this one is at least rated R. (but judging from the trailer and the reviews they seem to not have stretched that very far.) But I won't be wasting money on this anyway.

Got a text from my mate earlier that the BBFC have reduced the film's rating down to a 12A, so it sounds like him just saying "mother" is right.

I refuse to watch this.

4.0 was basically a crappy 'action' flick that they thought would sell better if they stuck Willis in it and called it Die Hard.

5 will almost certainly be the same.

A specially censored version has been prepared for theatrical release in the UK, which has been cut for language and violence in order to attain a 12A at the request of the distributors. The US version is rated R and is the original theatrical cut. The film's audio will be mixed in Dolby Atmos surround sound. Marco Beltrami, who had composed the soundtrack for the previous film Live Free or Die Hard, returned to score A Good Day to Die Hard. The soundtrack album will be released on February 12, 2013 by Sony Classical. As of February 2013, director John Moore has already began work on a director's cut, which will feature 30% more footage than the original

I'm the same as you lot. I am not expecting much, but I will still watch it as it's Die Hard. Surely it can't be worse than 4.0.

I think they will have learnt from their mistakes with 4.0 and improve on it, even if it doesn't match the original trilogy.

The thing I like about the earlier Die Hard's were the quality of the bad guys.
Alan Rickman and Jeremy Irons in particular, added with some good occasional humour and genuine good performances from the likes of Samuel L Jackson.

This just looks like making a movie for no particular reason.
Apparently there will be a 6th too.

I do want to see the movie and I will, always liked Bruce Willis, but I have read some pretty average reviews, just hope they don't spoil what was (is) a great series of films by making 1 or 2 too many.