Die Hard

The vest is now maroon dusk. Maroon dusk is currently the state of the vest.

Considering it was drenched in sewage not 10 minutes ago, this is a huge feat of regeneration for the vest.

Go vest!

okyeah.gif

Aww, I missed it.

Oh well, got the DVDs. Might have a marathon tomorrow if I get my work done today.

I love Bruce Willis so much.

Oh man, the best part of the Christmas season is watching Die Hard on Christmas Eve. Cannot fecking wait.

Tune in just in time to watch the elevator getting bummed

Supper eaten, presents wrapped. Die Hard time.

Messed up a white vest today for the occasion

I caught about an hour of Die Hard on TV last week. Showed the future mrs p the guy who looks like Dimitar Berbatov and the endlessly changing state of the vest. She was cracking up because she'd never noticed before.

Might have to watch it tonight, after Wonderful Life.

I know, they're mainly Christmas Eve films... Christmas Day is about drinking, eating chocolate and watching crap TV. So I do my movie day today. Presents are all wrapped.

He doesn't look too Berbish in this picture, I think it's because he's squinting, but at certain points in the film, he's very Berbish!

images

piegecristal31.jpg

No fecking shit, lady. Does it sound like I'm ordering a pizza?

The best quotes are in Die Hard: With a Vengeance.

[about to call Simon with the answer to another riddle]
Zeus: No, wait, wait! It's a trick. It's a trick.
John McClane: What d'you mean?
Zeus: I forgot about the man.
John McClane: What man? feck the man! We got ten seconds here!
Zeus: He said, "how many were going to St. Ives," right? The riddle begins, "As I was going to St. Ives, I met a man with seven wives!" The guy and his wives aren't going anywhere.
John McClane: What are they doing?
Zeus: Sitting in the fecking road! Waiting on the moor! How the hell should I know McClane?

:lol:

Can we do an online synchronised Die Hard party/marathon/smoke session?

Or at least a separate Die Hard forum?

We should have a temporary one every December. We could call it the Nakatomi Plaza.

the first 2 are classics, the 3rd is pretty good, 4th disappointing and the 5th looks awful. I get the feeling if you watched 4 and 5 you would probably think they was ok movies if he wasn't called John McClane and they wasn't called Die Hard.

With each movie that they make they seem to forget more and more what made Die Hard great with the constant need to make it bigger and always buddy him up with someone.

3 is much better than 2. In fact 3 is brilliant, if you can get past Jeremy's Iron's terrible accent, and the slightly weird bit at the end that doesn't seem to fit into the rest of it. I saw an old interview with Bruce recently where he said he was proud of Vengeance, but done with them now. I $uppo$e $omething mu$t have pur$uaded him $ince.

There's a poster on the bus rank outside my yard for 5. It's promoting it like a father - son - passing on the reigns thing. Which, obviously, always works. Especially if the marvel that is Indy 4 is anything to go by.[/INDESCRIBABLEAMOUNTSOFSARCASM]