Die Hard

And what do they both have in common (which is the reason for their brilliance) ?

........ Shane Black. Awesome screenwriter. He also did Lethal Weapon, The Long Kiss Goodnight and Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (which he also directed).

Only Mamet writes pithier profanity.
The only one of those I haven't seen is Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. That changes today.

Right. Watched Die Hard 3 again.
Its brilliant. Had been a long time.
I'm sure the idea for GTA came from the cab through the park bit.

Is Katya Targo's partner who the Israelis supposedly killed? Or is it some other girl?

So Jeremy's Iron is better than Tim's Elephant. And Sam Jackson is better than Justin Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime. But you think 4.0 is better than Vengeance.

You're an absolute Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime Rupert.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

14u9lz5.gif

Die Hard 3 was originally Lethal Weapon 3 apparently.

Lethal Weapon 3 came out years after Die Hard 3 didn't it?

I thought it was just going to be an action flick called Simon Says and they adapted the script?

Due to this thread I've decided to watch die hard 3, not sure how Samuel l jackson didn't get an Oscar for his performance, Get off The Damn Phone

Yeah, Zeus! As in, father of Apollo? Mt. Olympus? Don't feck with me or I'll shove a lightning bolt up your ass? Zeus! You got a problem with that?

You bastards made me start this up on Netflix. See what you've done!?!?!

Yippie kay yay, motherfecker!

How?
Ahh.. They didnt show the whole thing, but didnt have a wrong solution either.

Did they?? I seem to remember them getting it right... it's getting 4 litres from a 3 litre and 5 litre bottle. Fill the 3 litre, poor it into the 5, fill the 3 litre again, poor as much as you can into the 5 litre bottle (space for 2 litres, leaving 1 litre remaning in the 3 litre bottle). Poor the 5 litre bottle out and put the 1 litre that's in the 3 litre bottle into the 5 litre bottle, refill the 3 litre bottle, poor all of that into the 5 litre bottle and you have 4 litres.

That's what they did in the film right?

Dunno.
I thought they did it like :
Fill 5, fill 3 using 5 (leaves 2 in 5), drain the 3, transfer the 2 into the 3 (5 empty now)
Fill 5, fill 3(2 already in it) using 5. Leaves 5 with 4 litres.

Both work, and I think yours requires less moves??

Let me waste time and work it out, say it takes 10 seconds to fill a litre, and 10 seconds to pour out...

First method = 30 + 30 + 30 + 20 + 50 + 10 + 30 + 30 = 230 seconds
Second Method = 50 + 30 + 30 + 20 + 50 + 10 = 190 seconds

My thoughts were right... and more importantly, that wasn't a giant waste of time!

Just watched it back and yea they didnt show how they suddenly had thr right amount, could have sworn they didn't do it right, my memory must be going

Dunno.
I thought they did it like :
Fill 5, fill 3 using 5 (leaves 2 in 5), drain the 3, transfer the 2 into the 3 (5 empty now)
Fill 5, fill 3(2 already in it) using 5. Leaves 5 with 4 litres.

Thats the way I thought

I must have seen Die Hard 50 times, but I just noticed for the first time that when John and Hans share a cigarette, Hans holds his european style! I can't believe I never noticed, that's how John knew he was a bad guy, obviously.

I didn't know there was a European style of smoking, but then I don't smoke.

I hold a deep admiration for bald men who think "feck it, I'm going to grow the sides really long, that'll hide it".....A dothed cap to you Terry Nutkins, and Asian Die Hard henchman.