Die Hard

'And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer'

Pretty good for a made up quote

I watched Die Hard 4.0 this evening, it is better than I remember..

tumblr_le0uxvk9Tg1qcig1w.gif

I'd so totally do John McLean...... I'm not gay or anything but c'mon, I can't be the only one.

Not Willis, but the character.

I watched Die Hard 4.0 this evening, it is better than I remember.

The main problem with it I think is that the villain despite being good you couldn't see in a Bond film like those in the other three.

Kevin Smith tells a funny little story about being on the set of Die Hard 4 with Bruce Willis and he mentions Bruce thinking that Olyphant was "playing him like a pussy".

The villan could have been great given he was a chaos maker, Olyphant can't hang with the likes of Rickman & Irons for playing a villan, should have given it to a proper actor.

I must say the GIFs in this thread are great.

I'd like to see what Mockney comes up when I say that I prefer 4.0 to the second one.

Kevin Smith tells a funny little story about being on the set of Die Hard 4 with Bruce Willis and he mentions Bruce thinking that Olyphant was "playing him like a pussy".

The villan could have been great given he was a chaos maker, Olyphant can't hang with the likes of Rickman & Irons for playing a villan, should have given it to a proper actor.

Maggie Q was probably more akin to evil than he was.

Watched this movie for the first time (:eek:) not too long ago. It was very good, though I felt the whole contact with that black copper thing was pretty stupid. Didnt understand what they wanted to achieve with that.
Loved Rickman as Gruber, but then hes always good.

'And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer'

Pretty good for a made up quote

One of my favorite quotes ever is from 30 Rock

"And then Alexander wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer...

-Hans Gruber"

-Alec Baldwin

:lol:

Metacritic & rotten tomatoes gave the 3rd one even lower ratings....They're both very clearly wrong.

I think I might prefer 4.0 to Vengeance as well.

I watched The Last Boy Scout again last night. It's a really good but underrated Bruce Willis popcorn flick. The only weird thing is pizza dude from Fast Times at Ridgemont High as the bad guy.

I watched The Last Boy Scout again last night. It's a really good but underrated Bruce Willis popcorn flick. The only weird thing is pizza dude from Fast Times at Ridgemont High as the bad guy.
It is brilliant.

"I'm getting beat up by the inventor of Scrabble."

Watched this movie for the first time (:eek:) not too long ago. It was very good, though I felt the whole contact with that black copper thing was pretty stupid. Didnt understand what they wanted to achieve with that.
Loved Rickman as Gruber, but then hes always good.

One of my favorite quotes ever is from 30 Rock

"And then Alexander wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer...

-Hans Gruber"

-Alec Baldwin

:lol:

:lol: I like that 30 Rock quote as well

I really like Last Action Hero too. It was bad at first, but grew on me after several viewings.

It is also brilliant.

"I hear you want to be a farmer...well here's a couple of acres!"

So you're saying Justin Long is a better sidekick than Samuel L Jackson?

You're an absolute Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime Rupert.

shit...just thinking about Justin Long makes me want to puke. The first film I saw him in was the best...Jeepers Creepers where he gets terrorized and horribly murdered.

So you're saying Justin Long is a better sidekick than Samuel L Jackson?

Absolutely not, but Die Hard is not a buddy franchise, it is an angry man takes on an unwitting megalomanic man franchise - as such the villain is more important than the partner by a very long way.

Seperated at birth: Hans Gruber, Noel Edmonds.

Absolutely not, but Die Hard is not a buddy franchise, it is an angry man takes on an unwitting megalomanic man franchise - as such the villain is more important than the partner by a very long way.

So Jeremy's Iron is better than Tim's Elephant. And Sam Jackson is better than Justin Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime. But you think 4.0 is better than Vengeance.

So Jeremy's Iron is better than Tim's Elephant. And Sam Jackson is better than Justin Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime. But you think 4.0 is better than Vengeance.

Because I prefer the story of the film and the pacing, as does IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes decisively so.

The first is my favourite, very closely followed by the third one.

My favourite sidekick though is Sam Jackson, he was fabulous in the third. The fourth was alright I suppose.

I love the first and third. The first is alongside Aliens as the best action film ever, and the third is just brilliant.

I was really skeptical about the 4th but I didn't think it was as terrible as I expected, it was a decent action flick, not going to be remembered like the others but ok.

It is brilliant.

"I'm getting beat up by the inventor of Scrabble."

I really like Last Action Hero too. It was bad at first, but grew on me after several viewings.

It is also brilliant.

"I hear you want to be a farmer...well here's a couple of acres!"

And what do they both have in common (which is the reason for their brilliance) ?

........ Shane Black. Awesome screenwriter. He also did Lethal Weapon, The Long Kiss Goodnight and Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (which he also directed).

Only Mamet writes pithier profanity.

Also..

Die Hard

Die Hard with a Vengeance

Die Hard 2

... for me. I barely even count the 4th one as a Die Hard movie. I guess I should watch it again but I thought it was pretty wank on initial viewing.

The original was the first 18 certificate movie I ever owned. Had to get my mum to go and buy it on VHS for me. Timeless.