De Ligt | €45+5m agreement reached pending medical | Signed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I still rate him more than most. The injury record is a concern but he’s still young enough to kick on. I’d welcome this signing at the right cost.

There's a reason Juve sold him and now Bayern want to aswell. Like someone said, hes just a slightly faster Maguire.

Better, younger, cheaper options are out there - 50% of the transfer fee would be because he's a "big name".

Lets not help other teams with their FFP and walk away from this one.

There's a reason Juve sold him and now Bayern want to aswell. Like someone said, hes just a slightly faster Maguire.

Better, younger, cheaper options are out there - 50% of the transfer fee would be because he's a "big name".

thats not a good sign, move on i think.

He's also on around £250k per week already also it's worth noting. He is very good on the ball and has shown at a young age to be an absolute leader but he has stagnated and regressed due to injuries and transfers killing his playing time. He's a case of Icarus unfortunately and has very limited mobility/ turning. For a top team that controls the ball he could look very good as his passing is incredible, very good in the air too but I wouldn't be going near him for this team with our budget.

Is this the cat who we stopped interest in years ago because of the size of his father's ass?

Financial reasons yes, not because he isnt good.

He is not just a slightly faster Maguire. He is an improvement over Maguire in just about anything.

But yes, he is likely too expensive and because of that there are better options. I dont think there are many better defenders in his age group though.

I guess Varane's spot on the treatment table needs replacing. Can't be hiring a new Arsenal doctor and not have any work for him to do.

This is not happening. Bayern will not sell cheap and he won't take a pay cut to leave a club he was desperate to join for a club that is not even in the Champions League. The money that would be required to make this happen is never going to be available if you have been paying any attention to what INEOS have been saying.

Quite to the contrary. Coach knows him well, knows how to utilize his talents and he should be near the top if not the top of our priority list as we need a defender. Doubt we can afford him though.

Same coach also coached Donny and Antony.

It's amazing the difference between the talk about him now compared to when he was at Ajax.

Fair to say both he and De Jong haven't lived up to their huge hype five years ago.

You know this is what I really find annoying.

Players like De Jong, De Ligt can live of their hype after being flops and fetch big fees and we are here stuck to loaning Sancho who had just as much hype.

You know this is what I really find annoying.

Players like De Jong, De Ligt can live of their hype after being flops and fetch big fees and we are here stuck to loaning Sancho who had just as much hype.

Both de Jong and de Ligt are starters/important players for Barcelona and Bayern when they are fit. They arent recognised as very best player in their position in the world so if you expected that they are 'flops'. Sancho couldnt get in a Manchester united team when the competition is Antony, a youth player in Garnacho and the worst version of Rashford.

A bit of a difference between how badly they 'flopped' and how that affected their 'hype'.

De Ligt is still very young as a CB and not worse than Upamecano and Kim. Not sure it’s enough for United, though. As for Bayern’s trajectory, it’s the usual, unfortunate end-of-cycle malaise: the glorious, steely backbone declines and you overspend for holy marys and journeymen until it lasts, instead of drawing a line sooner.

Both de Jong and de Ligt are starters/important players for Barcelona and Bayern when they are fit. They arent recognised as very best player in their position in the world so if you expected that they are 'flops'. Sancho couldnt get in a Manchester united team when the competition is Antony, a youth player in Garnacho and the worst version of Rashford.

A bit of a difference between how badly they 'flopped' and how that affected their 'hype'.
I admire your fight and I am on your side. De Ligt was Bayern‘s best defender last season and I‘d love to have FDJ.
However, we have people here that say that FDJ is „average“ and de Ligt „failed“ at Juve. Therefore, I give up and leave this thread.

The "Ten Hag"-players, for me, is a closed chapter. Let's go for players properly scouted and with a good injury record.

for what it's worth, I've heard of numerous Bayern fans who easily prefer him to Upamecano (who's very prone to mistakes) and Kim (who has been disappointing). Fitness has been an issue for de Ligt, but if fit, he's a starter there.

Looks like they are completely overhauling that position though, with Ito and probably Tah coming in.

I admire your fight and I am on your side. De Ligt was Bayern‘s best defender last season and I‘d love to have FDJ.
However, we have people here that say that FDJ is „average“ and de Ligt „failed“ at Juve. Therefore, I give up and leave this thread.
I dont get why you'd sell him then. I think hes a good player but he doesn't really fit what i'd be looking for. Something about the idea just doesn't feel right to me.

When i see the topic about Neves on this forum, i will read it. I wont be in it making comments about the player because i never watch the player or know anything about him. There are literally Bayern fans (like you) who watch every Bayern game (i'm assuming here, i know) and say that he is your best defender. Posters who's expertise likely goes as far as saying ''Bundesliga farmers league'' and never watch a Bundesliga game come in and claim that de Ligt has been failing ever since he left Ajax. Even when a Bayern fan tells them otherwise.

De Ligt even has his best years ahead of him. Virgil van Dijk just signed for Southampton at that age. Rio Ferdinand just played a season for Manchester United and many had doubts over him and his concentration at that age. Yet somehow de Ligt seems to be written off as a quality defender already.

Post who claim that Frenkie is average are even more ridiculous. Considering that Frenkie de Jong is better at all the things that makes Mainoo everyone their favorite player, i dont get it. There arent many players in the world who can receive the ball under pressure and wont lose it, can carry the ball forward and pass it to the right option. Frenkie is one of the best at that aspect of the game.

Post that say that de Ligt and de Jong are too expensive to buy, are on very high wages and/or injury prone and shouldnt be bought are totally reasonable. Those are fair points. There is no need to downplay their ability to back up that point though.

The comments in here are funny when compared to those of Bayern fans who actually watch him:

The "Ten Hag"-players, for me, is a closed chapter. Let's go for players properly scouted and with a good injury record.

Indeed. After the season we've had the thought of signing everyone elses crocs seems somehow wrong.

True, but if we come for him they would ask for an arm and a leg, most clubs do that, so better to look elsewhere
Or maybe enquire before doing so. They obviously have the amount they want to raise if multiple clubs come in they aren’t going to ask more from us than them.

Exactly, the Bayern fans making out that the reason they want rid is due to wages. He’s looked bang average whenever I’ve seen him play.

That doesnt really say much when you dont include how often you have seen him play. Bayern fans who watched him play every week seem to be a better source in that situation.

Quite to the contrary. Coach knows him well, knows how to utilize his talents and he should be near the top if not the top of our priority list as we need a defender. Doubt we can afford him though.

:lol: Wtf!

Status
Not open for further replies.