Day 7 | Slovenia vs Serbia | Denmark vs England | Spain vs Italy

Valencia Shin Crosses

nowhere near as strong as McT... no it's someone from way back, especially with that 70s hair style
I'm talking about the style of player. Both are "energetic" midfielders that are abhorrent at passing a ball with any sort of confidence but offer some good finishing and box instincts higher up. Neither give you much if they can't get inot the box though. Obviously the physicality is a bit different.

Oranges038

Gallagher isn't good enough. May as well have Liam or Noel on the pitch, they'd probably have a better haircut too.

criticalanalysis

If Jude gets injured I will go after that cretin, with everything I've got
:lol:

If I remember correctly, aren't you bit of a 'fan' of Southgate and tried to play devil's advocate with how good is has been for England?

Karma I suppose. You got what you wanted. Southgate playing his best players into the ground.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
That's why I love Kroos
I do too. But am I imagining it, there seems to be a lot more players who in tight space will try to dribble or hold the ball when it's not their game at all, they all seem to think that they are Zidane or Ronaldinho?

slyadams

It’s like watching United this. Awfully coached, nothing cohesive, no press, no incisiveness with the ball.

Pronewbie

Peep
It's funny how England have been screaming for a midfielder who can beat the press yet Mainoo is still on the bench.

At least Southgate's realised that he needs pace upfront...

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Who exactly are the 10 players who are better than Bellingham this season, exactly?

buchansleftleg

I really hope Ashworth's final task on his garden leave is to secure the signing of Gareth Southgate as Newcastle Manager.

A nice 15 year contract should ensure the humbugs stay in a football hinterland for further generations and will make Shearer explode in frustration at some point.

Only THEN will Southgate have paid the country back for his wasting of football talent and spectators time across multiple tournaments.

PoTMS

I would've genuinely preferred current day Henderson in central midfield over Gallagher.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It should be alarming that every international tourney for England the best player is a defender
It always is under this manager, really. Shaw, Maguire, Pickford have all been our best players under Southgate in the Euros/WCs. Now it’s Guehi

90 + 5min

Have you been living under a rock? There's been major talk of him been a Balon D'or candidate. I personally don't see it bit lots are saying he's one of the worlds best players.
Those prizes are not reality. So i don't care about those stuff. He is just a talent. Big one. And thats it. Nothing more. To play for Real Madrid is not hard when you got players you have beside you. He can become star one day but need to work hard and keep focus.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He changed the front 3. The new front 3 are now having the same trouble as the last front 3.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
:lol:

If I remember correctly, aren't you bit of a 'fan' of Southgate and tried to play devil's advocate with how good is has been for England?

Karma I suppose. You got what you wanted. Southgate playing his best players into the ground.
giorno thinks it's arrogant for England fans to say Southgate is a limited manager and that they could have done better in WC 2018 and Euro 2020 with a better one.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
No team misses the current Rashford
Well England look to be. Bowen and Eze are too wet behind the years at international level and haven’t impacted the game at all, and foden isn’t someone to run in behind for the first 70 minutes. All in all England have looks quite shit

El Zoido

It’s like watching United this. Awfully coached, nothing cohesive, no press, no incisiveness with the ball.
The good news is we’ll get to see this every week when Jim’ll Brex-it hires him to replace Ten Hag.

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
I'd have thought the Danes were blonde haired and blue-eyed and bedecked in helmets which have horns attached, but basically none of them are.

Yagami

Good post resistant
It's funny how England have been screaming for a midfielder who can beat the press yet Mainoo is still on the bench.

At least Southgate's realised that he needs pace upfront...
It's not even like we only have Mainoo now. Wharton looked like that type of player, too, and 0 minutes as well. Sigh.

didz

Unpopular opinion but I think it's time we start to move away from Kane as our guaranteed #9 especially with players like Foden and Bellingham coming through.
I think you need to give him a strike partner. Kane and Watkins would be a good chalk and cheese duo.

Nogbadthebad

I think we are lucky the ref buys into these england dives when they lose the ball.

Denmark want it more, stringer inthe challange, more committed. If thye had a world class striker we'd be losing this one.