Day 7 | Slovenia vs Serbia | Denmark vs England | Spain vs Italy

GioF

Awful watch tonight. We were second best from start to finish. Cambiasso should not play again this tournament. Absolutely horrible. Spain deservedly clear winners.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
I must have imagined it. Did I hear someone refer to Williams and Rashford in the same sentence? Nah. It’s the wine.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Italy X Croatia will be interesting, even if 1 point might be enough for Italy, even less who knows.

George The Best

Would be great to have Nico Williams lighting up Old Trafford, will never happen though. But, we’ve got Antony, who is unplayable according to our manager. He’s got one thing right at least - Antony should never play for us again.

Kirk lazarus

You don't get Nico Williams without making room for him . That means off you pop Rashford . Unfortunately we won't do that ..

Rojofiam

Excellent performance from Cucurella. Those who called him shit and a nothing player are gravely mistaken.

Gibb11

Awful watch tonight. We were second best from start to finish. Cambiasso should not play again this tournament. Absolutely horrible. Spain deservedly clear winners.
Yeah that cambiasso looked way out of his depth completely, except for a decent corner right at the end, why was jorginho taken off?

Rojofiam

You don't get Nico Williams without making room for him . That means off you pop Rashford . Unfortunately we won't do that ..
Rashford for the left. Amad for the right. Williams Jr. and Garnacho for both sides. There's plenty of room for him at United.

Kirk lazarus

Rashford for the left. Amad for the right. Williams Jr. and Garnacho for both sides. There's plenty of room for him at United.
If you was a young winger with the world at your feet , you'd be an idiot to go to a place where a 26 year old top earner has that spot .

Rojofiam

If you was a young winger with the world at your feet , you'd be an idiot to go to a place where a 26 year old top earner has that spot .
You're just making up stuff. It would actually be the perfect depth with all 4 of them getting enough playtime.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
You're just making up stuff. It would actually be the perfect depth with all 4 of them getting enough playtime.
People always say this but how is this true? There's always one who will start 30+ league games and all the important European games.

Kirk lazarus

I'm not making stuff up , it's how I would feel . You feel differently . Fair enough .

Salah didn't get enough games at Chelsea , he moved abroad , when Liverpool signed him , was he in a queue for his starting spot? No .

De bruyne did the same , left cos he was in a queue . He was signed by city and given the platform .

I like the thought of having Rashford as back up to Williams , but I don't see it happening or working in the real world

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
We are where many expected us to be, hopefully Spalletti will tweak the starting eleven for the third game but it is what it is, the most inane and depressing squad in a very loooong time.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
I'm not making stuff up , it's how I would feel . You feel differently . Fair enough .

Salah didn't get enough games at Chelsea , he moved abroad , when Liverpool signed him , was he in a queue for his starting spot? No .

De bruyne did the same , left cos he was in a queue . He was signed by city and given the platform .

I like the thought of having Rashford as back up to Williams , but I don't see it happening or working in the real world
De Bruyne left because our manager at the time thought he was lazy and fat, and just didn’t like him. Salah definitely was nowhere near playing, but KDB… many people, myself included, thought he should be our playmaking 8 of the future. Mourihno is still spouting this stuff about him demanding to start every game, being impatient, etc. But if Jose wasn’t the manager KDB would have stayed a Chelsea player imho.

Kirk lazarus

De Bruyne left because our manager at the time thought he was lazy and fat, and just didn’t like him. Salah definitely was nowhere near playing, but KDB… many people, myself included, thought he should be our playmaking 8 of the future. Mourihno is still spouting this stuff about him demanding to start every game, being impatient, etc. But if Jose wasn’t the manager KDB would have stayed a Chelsea player imho.

Yeah , I wasn't really meaning to single out Chelsea as an example , more that top young players would think twice about signing for a club whilst there is an established top earner in their spot .

KC91

I feel like Spain are always a nightmare for us tactically, even in the games we’ve won against them at Euro 2016, and 2020, they had the better of the play. And more recently in the last 2 nations league editions, they’ve been extremely difficult.

Felt like we were too direct when they had the ball, especially in the first half, instead of building through the two CBs, there were a lot of switches of play attempted, which led to Spain challenging those balls and getting possession back too cheaply. Spain also imposed a style of play that is pretty unique to them, and I don’t think the other big teams in this tournament could do the same, on paper they are our worst matchup tactically and personnel wise and this game should be a good learning experience for Spaletti and the squad moving forward.

The good news is, get a result against Croatia, which is more than do-able and we can avoid playing Spain again for a little while.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
We are where many expected us to be, hopefully Spalletti will tweak the starting eleven for the third game but it is what it is, the most inane and depressing squad in a very loooong time.
I still remember the days of Ventura. So not that long actually

Real Name

Italy really doesnt look anything special. That doesn't mean we'll win that one though.

Spain looks class above everyone bar maybe Germany. Biggest favorites for the title imo.

Pintu

I feel like Spain are always a nightmare for us tactically, even in the games we’ve won against them at Euro 2016, and 2020, they had the better of the play. And more recently in the last 2 nations league editions, they’ve been extremely difficult.

Felt like we were too direct when they had the ball, especially in the first half, instead of building through the two CBs, there were a lot of switches of play attempted, which led to Spain challenging those balls and getting possession back too cheaply. Spain also imposed a style of play that is pretty unique to them, and I don’t think the other big teams in this tournament could do the same, on paper they are our worst matchup tactically and personnel wise and this game should be a good learning experience for Spaletti and the squad moving forward.

The good news is, get a result against Croatia, which is more than do-able and we can avoid playing Spain again for a little while.
A part from the 2012 final (very special circumstances) I can't remember seeing anything like last night in your direct confrontations. Spain is often the superior technically but you always manage to create enough chances to keep it tight and eventually get points...
The 2021 NL semifinal got a bit flawed with Bonucci's relatively early red card, and you still got chances. I don't think you got one single goal chance last night before the 80th... Last night it was basically Spain vs Donnaruma the entire game. With your level last night you'd be lucky to not lose to Croatia...

Swoobs

Supports
Florentina
Italy is so bad, i think Croatia (which is also crap) will fancy their chances in that last game

Real Name

Italy is so bad, i think Croatia (which is also crap) will fancy their chances in that last game
Yeah, there's a chance but probably a crap version of our team will turn out on Monday like in first 2 games. Saying that, we still had some chances and possesion against Spain (although they spanked us properly) so there's hope for Monday but were totally inept, toothless and well crap against Albania, apart from 30 minutes in 2nd half.

We dont have what Spain has, dynamical midfield and world class potential on the wings. Morata is better than both of our strikers, midfield is better, our is good only on paper but is dying for a reconstruction and defense is on par as far as CBs go. We have wingers and young midfielder who is not just standing and passing and receiving passes but are not using theme, Dalić is to hung up to old men Perišić, Brozović and Modrić. One of them shouldn't start on Monday even 2 of them, that's for sure.

Stanišić, RB for German champion, who had a great season plays one game then sits out the 2nd. We have 2 left wingers, both of them didnt get a sniff. Sučić is being subbed on to save what our old midfield trio has or hasnt done. Perišić is playing although its obvious injury has left a mark, both physically and mentally. Šutalo is completely out of form and is playing like his boots are 2 sizes too small. Even Gvardiol is suspect and not like he's been most of the season.

Last edited:

Swoobs

Supports
Florentina
Yeah, there's a chance but probably a crap version of our team will turn out on Monday like in first 2 games. Saying that, we still had some chances and possesion against Spain (although they spanked us properly) so there's hope for Monday but were totally inept, toothless and well crap against Albania, apart from 30 minutes in 2nd half.

We dont have what Spain has, dynamical midfield and world class potential on the wings. Morata is better than both of our strikers, midfield is better, our is good only on paper but is dying for a reconstruction and defense is on par as far as CBs go. We have wingers and young midfielder who is not just standing and passing and receiving passes but are not using theme, Dalić is to hung up to old men Perišić, Brozović and Modrić. One of them shouldn't start on Monday even 2 of them, that's for sure.

Stanišić, RB for German champion, who had a great season plays one game then sits out the 2nd. We have 2 left wingers, both of them didnt get a sniff. Sučić is being subbed on to save what our old midfield trio has or hasnt done. Perišić is playing although its obvious injury has left a mark, both physically and mentally. Šutalo is completely out of form and is playing like his boots are 2 sizes too small. Even Gvardiol is suspect and not like he's been most of the season.
Yes but probably a crappier version of Italy shows up as well. You guys had a far better showing against Spain than Italy, even though you conceded more. You also have Modric, who can turn back the years just for one game.

Real Name

Yes but probably a crappier version of Italy shows up as well. You guys had a far better showing against Spain than Italy, even though you conceded more. You also have Modric, who can turn back the years just for one game.
Yeah, hopefully he has at least one more big game left in his tank. History is on your side, we've never lost to Italy, I hope tradition wont be broken. Although it can happen it doesnt get broken if we draw and that wouldn't suit us. :)

The-Mezzala

I noticed on Flashscores. Trent got a 7.6 and Eriksen a 7.1. Is the flashcores app run by the RAWK admins. Where did they get those ratings from. Thought Erisken and Hojberg dominated englands midfield . Hopefully the Southgate love in by the media is over after this tournament. He did well at 2018 and 2020 with some nice draws. But he should of gone aftet Qatar. England getting worse and worse under him. Never seen him win against a top tier nation in a meaningful game So glad he didn’t get the United job.

Last edited: