Day 7 | Slovenia vs Serbia | Denmark vs England | Spain vs Italy

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Looks like a good player but it’s effectively Denmark’s midfield vs Declan Rice on his own. TAA is a hologram out there at the moment
I think he's a bit slow. For the rest he seems to be a decent player

Malons

This whole "now here's some analysis by someone standing on the pitch" thing never makes sense

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
To be fair this match has reminded me alot of Moyes last season, alot of getting the goal and then just defending what you have, hoping for the counter. Mind you at least with West Ham last year there was some structure to our attacking lineup, at the moment that feels like its lacking with England.
Because they are so limited in their tactical abilty. Setting a team up to be defensive is much easier.

dugilrath

Supports
Forest
That graphic they just showed about England's average positionings before the goal compared with afterwards is damning. That's on the manager. We've got to be more ruthless and go for that second and third goals. You can't just defend 1-0s forever, you will get found out and fall short somewhere.
Absolutely- trying to make kane the scapegoat is absurd, the entire setup of the team is awful. One man to blame.

hobbers

It is my understanding that the English are quite dissatisfied with Gareth Southgate's managerial work?
The media and pundits are very late to the party on it because of their Sir Gareth MBE narrative, what a statesman he is, lovely soundbites on contentious issues, good vibes in the England camp, and all that crap.

But I dont think your average England fan rates Gareth at all. He's lucked out on a world class little group of players coming through together, and gifted easy runs in the last two tournaments.

Valencia Shin Crosses

I can’t stand all the coverage.

They (Rio, Gary, Micah) have such a hard on for the so called elite players that they darent say anything to criticise them. It’s infuriating. Especially when the same players they’ve been bigging up all season…(Gordon, Eze, Mainoo, Palmer, Wharton) are sat on the bench
It'll be over soon enough when England are knocked out in the elimination rounds anyways. This team isn't winning shite

saivet

When he was camping up front against Serbia he touched the ball once in 45 minutes or something. This team is completely incapable of giving him service if he plays like an out and out striker.
I was going to post the same thing. He's not exactly helping today but the team need to be better at progressing play to get him involved more

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
England's no 1 problem is the manager. I mean Trent in CM. Come on!

Koldbeer2021

Supports
West Ham
Yeah, the left flank is broken. Obvious issue before the tournament.
Even more so when you plonk Foden out there, who naturally wants to drift in. So you've got a LB who naturally wants to come in due to his right foot, and Foden who also naturally wants to come centrally.

There is no left flank, its not just broken, its non-existent.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
You can see it a mile away. Bellingham/Foden is the new Lampard/Gerrard debate. I think you can get the best out of one or the other, not both.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Er, no. TAA can be poor and the team can be structurally poor.
… When you’re a key component in the middle of the pitch, you are intrinsic to the structure of the team. You also said 2 or 3 players, not seeming to recognise cause and effect.

Last edited:

CloneMC16

I can’t stand all the coverage.

They (Rio, Gary, Micah) have such a hard on for the so called elite players that they darent say anything to criticise them. It’s infuriating. Especially when the same players they’ve been bigging up all season…(Gordon, Eze, Mainoo, Palmer, Wharton) are sat on the bench
They're all questioning Kane. Micah straight up side he wants Watkins on in the 2nd half. Rio is saying take him off right as I've typed this out.

Ludens the Red

Southgate's ability to make a player as good as Foden look completely ineffective is impressive.

Alexander-Arnold shouldn't be playing in midfield. He doesn't play there for us (starts at RB and drifts in which is completely different). Trippier at LB limits England's options down that side with the ball.

Such a dull manager.
Are you sure? Cos some clown on here a few days ago was telling me Trent doesn’t play right back for Liverpool.
But yeah the Trent and Trippier situation is vile. How can you play three players out of position? When you literally have players who have played in their position sitting on the bench.

Dan_F

I keep saying, the quicker southgate realises Kobbie has to partner Rice, the more chance England have.

mintyred

You can see it a mile away. Bellingham/Foden is the new Lampard/Gerrard debate. I think you can get the best out of one or the other, not both.
You definitely can, their way more versatile players, they just need to be coached. it's clear as day they've not been given any attacking instructions. We've been playing football from 2005.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Why bother with TAA in midfield when you have better option on the bench?

Smacky The Frog

All this individual talent and they're out there looking like Serbia. Any success they'll achieve will be despite Southgate. Likewise with Portugal and Martinez.

leoric

Southgate will only make changes if England go behind, this system clearly isn't working, why would we think we can challenge the way we are playing? Might be a good thing for England to lose this game, might be the only way Southgate will change things.

Zen

Luke Shaw best win the Ballon d'0r when he returns and leads this England team to glory.