Day 13 | Slovakia vs Romania + Ukraine vs Belgium | Czech Republic vs Turkey + Georgia vs Portugal

Siorac

I warned before the Euro that I found Portugal overrated. This team is not serious. They are more worried about Ronaldo getting records than playing as a team. We will only evolve when he's gone. Him and Jorge Mendes.
This is a completely irrelevant game for Portugal though. They don't need to be serious tonight.

I wish they were but that's another matter.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
This is a completely irrelevant game for Portugal though. They don't need to be serious tonight.

I wish they were but that's another matter.
Well my point stands regarding the influence that Ronaldo has. It might be irrelevant but it's embarrassing to lose in this fashion to Georgia

saivet

From what I've seen Portugal haven't been good but it was a changed side and they had already guaranteed top spot, so doesn't really matter. Not ideal for confidence I suppose, but not that meaningful.

Joel Miller

I warned before the Euro that I found Portugal overrated. This team is not serious. They are more worried about Ronaldo getting records than playing as a team. We will only evolve when he's gone. Him and Jorge Mendes.
Crazy considering the talent you guys still have. I knew for sure Martinez wouldn’t have the balls to make the big calls though (that was like poetry).

Still I’ve been really impressed with Georgia and their work rate. Half the population of Scotland get their respective efforts at this tournament couldn’t be more contrasting.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
The threshold has definitely lowered in recent years. It’s a contact sport. Legs are going to touch legs but it needs to be more than a little tap like that to give someone a penalty. Sometimes if a player has momentum a little tap is all it takes but that was not one of them.
I dunno, this one seemed rather textbook. He was too late.

I agree football could "man up" a bit.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Hats off, sensational performance from Georgia this.

Aside from a few crosses Portugal just don't look like they'll do anything.

ManUtd1999

And we all know what you want to do to Ronaldo..... :lol:
What I want to do to him?

I thought he had a bad game. Got no service and was barely involved. I also said that he should’ve been subbed at half time.

I just can’t ignore the role of the referee today. He has been very inconsistent, to Georgia’s benefit. Portugal will finish top of the table regardless, but the ref’s decisions hurt not only Portugal but also Czechia/Turkey.

I will forget about this game after the whistle. What matters is the next game.[/QUOTE]

bosskeano

#22 for Georgia has made himself some money this tournament...expect this guy is going to make a big move somewhere