Day 12 | England v Slovenia + Denmark v Serbia | France v Poland + Netherlands v Austria

Taken off now.

The Eredivisie is just not high enough level to prepare for international football imo. Better going with players who have proven themselves in the top 3 or 4 leagues.

He did fine in Europe for PSV too. This was a moment to see him at a higher level. Too bad that he totally failed in all his Euros games.

Some even dared to claim Frenkie his injury was a blessing in disguise so we could use PSV midfield couple Schouten and Veerman. Schouten done well but Veerman has been so bad.

It's criminal that France and England are stuck with their managers when they have some of the most exciting group of players around.

If Grillitsch had been a few years younger - he is a player I could see for us. Very good player

With this setup, France basically look like Scotland with lighter blue shirts. They've even got Barr Cola.

Is this the same Sabitzer that failed to make an impression in United last season? He's having a sensational year. Looks like Austria's Modric.

I've defended the French through this tournament saying they'll come good but...this is dreadful. Their wingers just look so ineffectual. Also Griezmann might have been a bit wasteful but he's clearly one of the best creative and hardworking players the French have. Dropping him makes no sense to me.

Is this the same Sabitzer that failed to make an impression in United last season? He's having a sensational year. Looks like Austria's Modric.
he had the same problem a lot of our midfielders had that he looked better the further up the pitch he was. He played a bit deeper for us and it was a bit of a waste but we had Bruno as the furthest forward.

Nope. Just the wrong coach. ETH, Bosz or Slot would've performed miracles with the diamonds in the rough we have.
Nah man, its just bad generation. My sis lives there and it was always interesting to me how they start to coach them in early years. It start so early, my "nief" is already instructed to good fotball and he is just 10 y old.

For those watching the Dutch-Austria game, how’s Seiwald playing ? Watched him a couple of times, think he’s an interesting prospect.

I’m convinced the commentators (BBC) don’t actually watch football. They keep talking like Austria winning is a shock.

Nah man, its just bad generation. My sis lives there and it was always interesting to me how they start to coach them in early years. It start so early, my "nief" is already instructed to good fotball and he is just 10 y old.

You mean your neef?

It isnt our best generation but still we have a better player than Austria at every position on the pitch. It is Rangnick who is making the difference and winning against Koeman. Well not just winning, leaving him in the dust actually.

I wish Peter Bosz was the manager of our national team. :(

Think we are a bit lucky to be ahead at the break, the Dutch had the slightly better chances overall. Need to sub Arnautovic and Wimmer who have both been well below the required level, with Wimmer being on the brink of a red card. Sub on Laimer, Gregoritsch and Baumgartner please

France upped the level a bit. Still, not as good as they can be.

Most East European teams are boring and technically limited.

Not at all surprised to see Austria winning. After seeing them against France, I thought they had a very good chance of finishing above the Dutch. Surprised France haven't scored against Poland yet though. The lack of creativity in the France team in general is strange.

France do like to blast it right at the goalie.

I'm pretty sure that they have no idea about what they are doing, a real bunch of brain dead footballers.

Austria has utterly dominated this game but have been largely toothless. Holland had the best chances to score but are getting annihilated in the field play. All in all Austria deserve to lead but they should probably be thankful for Malen’s spectacular own goal because I’m not sure they would score otherwise.

Austria's pressing is so good.

They seem to have tired in the last 10 minutes but I expect them to come out in the second half full of energy.

The lack of creativity in the France team in general is strange.
Mbappé has to do it all: creating and scoring. The rest create next to nothing.

To win the title, France would need to do it the efficient and possibly ugly way. Be disciplined defensively, get a goal and kill the game with ball possession.

Wow the defending for Austria's goal was criminal. That Dutch right side look like a bunch of amateurs.

He did fine in Europe for PSV too. This was a moment to see him at a higher level. Too bad that he totally failed in all his Euros games.

Some even dared to claim Frenkie his injury was a blessing in disguise so we could use PSV midfield couple Schouten and Veerman. Schouten done well but Veerman has been so bad.

Well PSV was battered by Arsenal in the CL and lost to Dortmund in the knockout stages, and those were really the only good teams they played. I can't really remember how Veerman played in those games. But still shows that being dominant in the Eredivisie doesn't mean that much at higher level.

Doubt he's played many games against teams that press as well and aggressively as Austria do.

Same with Geertruida, looks out of his depth here.