Day 12 | England v Slovenia + Denmark v Serbia | France v Poland + Netherlands v Austria

PoTMS

England would definitely lose to Austria. Might actually be easier playing the Netherlands.

Pronewbie

Peep
Was surprised to see Austria underdogs against the Netherlands. They're more total football than this current Dutch side IMHO.

Have a tenner on them not to lose.

SirBillNic

Supports
Spurs
Simons has never really played well for our national team. Dumfries has a very minor injury and could play but it isnt needed today. Koeman sees Frimpong as an attacker and prefers Malen today.

Wish Koeman played Malen instead of Memphis and still played Frimpong though
I thought Simons played well last game against France.

This team just looks substantially worse than what they went with last game.

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
Malen as always more clinical than Memphis.

Adamsk7

Austria have been my team of the tournament so far in terms of style of play. They are a great group, really well organised. Well done Ralph!

obviously don’t have the players that some of the big boys have but could be dark horses for a quarter or semi place

HTG

Supports
Bayern
No Maatsen, Simons and Frimpong. They deserve to lose.

vadimivich

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Austria have been my team of the tournament so far in terms of style of play. They are a great group, really well organised. Well done Ralph!

obviously don’t have the players that some of the big boys have but could be dark horses for a quarter or semi place
Missing Schlager and Alaba right down the spine of the team could have destroyed it, but amazing how they maintained the same style and kept playing even without those stars.

SirBillNic

Supports
Spurs

The standard of coaching is so low that a decent manager makes a huge difference.

If you randomly assigned each team to a current premier league manager (and then get 4 more from the Bundesliga or something) the tournament would be so much better.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
They are right, to be fair. Never seen a bigger waste of talent than him. That one season in Dortmund, he had it all. Was convinced he would turn out better than Mbappe. Ever since he has only regressed.

Stadjer

Veerman had an excellent season for PSV and i had high hopes for him this Euros

So far he has looked like he got his spot by winning a contest

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
They are right, to be fair. Never seen a bigger waste of talent than him. That one season in Dortmund, he had it all. Was convinced he would turn out better than Mbappe. Ever since he has only regressed.
Not disagreeing, just funny to read.

jadajos

Last Man Standing finalist 2022/23
Supports
Football
Koeman masterclass. Brings in Malen to score goals and he delivers within minutes.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Danny Murphy admitting he can't swim is the least surprising thing I've heard a commentator say this tournament. I bet he's never had an Indian takeaway either.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Not disagreeing, just funny to read.
Someone should try it. Might save his career. :lol:

His twofootedness (no idea if that’s a word) is something I had never seen before. He would run down the wing and there’d be no difference whatsoever, between his left and right foot. Control was perfect with both. He could play passes while running at high speed that were almost perfectly accurate.
He was a prototypical winger. Couldn’t imagine a player better suited to play the wings. And he just didn’t care anymore, the very second he went to Barca.