Day 12 | England v Slovenia + Denmark v Serbia | France v Poland + Netherlands v Austria

Kanté is not making good decisions and his passes are not precise enough.

Can we place just cede our spot in the next round. This is fecking embarasssing. What a difference a coach makes.

I dont think it suprises anyone that Rangnick has set up his team (with many second choice options) better than Koeman.

Can we place just cede our spot in the next round. This is fecking embarasssing. What a difference a coach makes.
You don't understand. Koeman realized 3th place is better for our chances so he instructed them to lose. Of course you will see France won't win either so we properly fecked ourselves. :lol:

Austria dominant vs the Dutch.

Hindsight is 20/20 but I expected this. Austria have been organised and pressing very well in their first 2 games. Rangnick has set them up very well it seems. Koeman on the other hand is more similar to Southgate and Roberto Martínez IMO, detrimental to a potentially good team with his bad setups and tactics.

HTF do you miss this if the only schooling you had your entire life was about kicking a fecking ball?

Deschamps had a proper think about how he could make this France side just a little bit more boring, and came up with trying to have Kante do Griezmann's job.

It's working so far, fair play.

Football needs to nerf professional fouls like that one on Mbappe. A yellow card just doesn't suffice.

Someone should try it. Might save his career. :lol:

His twofootedness (no idea if that’s a word) is something I had never seen before. He would run down the wing and there’d be no difference whatsoever, between his left and right foot. Control was perfect with both. He could play passes while running at high speed that were almost perfectly accurate.
He was a prototypical winger. Couldn’t imagine a player better suited to play the wings. And he just didn’t care anymore, the very second he went to Barca.
Yeah, I used to follow him avidly as he was such a smooth dribbler and totally unpredictable because he didn’t favour a foot or side of his body. As you say, he went to Barca and seemed to check out of trying to maximise his talent. Such a waste.

Despite how weak Holland look they have had the two best chances in the game.

Deschamps had a proper think about how he could make this France side just a little bit more boring, and came up with trying to have Kante do Griezmann's job.

He is cautious but grinds out results

Mbappé needs to create chances for France and to finish them. That’s a problem. I haven’t seen anyone in this team who can create good chances. I don’t know how France will cope with this in the remainder of the tournament.

I’m so disappointed in the Dutch. I know they always fail to win the whole thing but at least in the past it was a joy to watch them play. Now it’s just sad. So much mediocrity, what the feck happened to the Netherlands?

Good god. Veerman. Absolute muppet but being destroyed by Koeman here. :lol:

I’m so disappointed in the Dutch. I know they always fail to win the whole thing but at least in the past it was a joy to watch them play. No it’s just sad. So much mediocrity, what the feck happened to the Netherlands?
No Ajax players no party.

Veerman had an excellent season for PSV and i had high hopes for him this Euros

So far he has looked like he got his spot by winning a contest

Taken off now.

The Eredivisie is just not high enough level to prepare for international football imo. Better going with players who have proven themselves in the top 3 or 4 leagues.

Veerman off for Xavi in 34 minute.

Good sub because Veerman has been extremely bad. Commentator said Veerman touched the ball 28 times. Lost the ball 15 times. 8 times more than anyone else.

Veerman off for Xavi in 34 minute.

Good sub because Veerman has been extremely bad. Commentator said Veerman touched the ball 28 times. Lost the ball 15 times. 8 times more than anyone else.

He has been quality compared to Geertruida - he looks like he has never played at this level before.

Eric was right about Deschamps when he called him a water-carrier. Brutally efficient both as a player and a manager, but also an absolute black hole for any shred of entertainment. In a different life he'd probably be a burnt-out, short-sleeved button-up-wearing accountant who, when pushed by his co-workers to try bringing a bit more fun into the office, the best thing he can think of is wearing a bow tie.