Day 12 | England v Slovenia + Denmark v Serbia | France v Poland + Netherlands v Austria

That England line up is disappointing. The lads looked tired in the last game so why not play them again and really finish then off. We have some good players in good form on the bench, give them a go!

Yeah I think Austria would be much harder for us to face than Netherlands.
We definitely would've lost to Austria - they are exactly the type of team we'd struggle against. Still, I'd rather we play Slovakia/Romania over Netherlands.

One of Southgate's worst traits is him trying to prove critics by doing the same just for the sake of it. Even if you don't fancy Mainoo atleast try Wharton. And keeping Foden on the left without a proper leftback behind him makes no sense. Having Southgate as a United manager would drive me to take a break from football.

That England line up is disappointing. The lads looked tired in the last game so why not play them again and really finish then off. We have some good players in good form on the bench, give them a go!

My guess is trying to play them into form. Usually for Kane it does work, but the formation/tactics have to work like a 1000x better than last match.

So the same issues for England then. Striker drops deep, Foden drifts across with Bellingham at 10.

Basically 3 players in the same position with no width on the left side.

Hopefully Gallagher gets booked in the first minute. And then gets away with one in the second forcing the cnut to change things.

Hopefully Gallagher gets booked in the first minute. And then gets away with one in the second forcing the cnut to change things.

If that happens, I guarantee he replaces him with Trent. The man is a coward.

England will probably still have enough to top the group, but continuing not to play Mainoo will come back to haunt them eventually imo.

I saw that interview Kane did and have no idea why this was blown up like he said something outrageous to cause a war between the players and media. So dumb

Southgates hoping Gallagher can fill the massive space left behind by the Yorkshire Xavi, Kalvin Phillips

People are being too harsh on Southgate. He lost his first choice LCB before the tournament & his LB is not fit. We all know you can't play any decent football under those circumstances.

He could mitigate that by just trying Gordon.

Gordon adds something defensively and offers more width.

With Foden is just constant cutting in and running into other players' space.

I'm all for some VVD bashing, but how is that third goal on him?

Any goal scored against the team that VVD plays for will be blamed on VVD on this forum.

Media claimed VVD was the best and in reaction to that this forum made it its duty to convince people he is a bad player.

We have Rio, Vidic and Stam as potential best ever CB but this forum does get insecure when VVD is mentioned amongst them

I saw that interview Kane did and have no idea why this was blown up like he said something outrageous to cause a war between the players and media. So dumb

What he said was silly. The pundits are not, never have been and will not be cheerleaders of the National team. Why are the team even concerned with what they pundits are saying? It shows a poor mentality within the squad if they're wasting energy worrying about that.

That's the exciting Gordon, Palmer Eze, Mainoo and wharton prob not getting a start in this tournament now. So disappointing.

I think he was clearly their best player. They have special players but just no replacement for that creativity he brought to them. The one thing with Pogba, no matter how he was playing (for Utd and France) you knew he would create at least one moment or chance. With players like Mbappe and Griezman that was often all they needed. Who is the player that replaces that now?

That's your opinion, we all see and appreciate football differently after all. I think the general opinion at the time was that around 5 players in his own team had been better than him. Pogba wasn't even in the conversation to win the golden ball despite being a superstar.

I agree that France doesn't have a midfielder with his passing ability and his creativity right now, but he was there at the last Euros and France was knocked out in the round of 16. The year after, he wasn't in the team but France made the final only losing on penalty. He's not good enough to have that level of influence on his team's results.

France are also creating a lot of chances, their xG must be very high. They've just been poor at finishing. They're missing peak Mbappé or a great finisher up front, not Pogba.

What he said was silly. The pundits are not, never have been and will not be cheerleaders of the National team. Why are the team even concerned with what they pundits are saying? It shows a poor mentality within the squad if they're wasting energy worrying about that.
All it shows to me is that England are doing the same thing they always do. Media and fans turning on the team at the first sign of trouble because they think they're entitled to beat everyone. Players then crumbling under the pressure.

Spain, Germany, Portugal & France are all on the same side of the draw. England on the other side won't have to face a top team until the final.

As they say, it's better to be lucky than be good. The much maligned Southgate is taking England to the final again.:lol:

I can say the same about their forwards.

Do we overrate the French players because they have exotic names and play for foreign clubs?

Would you rate Anthony Gordon and Cole Palmer more if they were called gordão and Palmazinho?
No, I don’t really rate Antony Gordon that highly at all and Cole Palmer had barely played a first team game this time last year.

How many in the France squad have never played a Champions League game vs the England squad? The experience difference is levels above, that’s undeniable.