Darwin Núñez | Liverpool player | Fighter

Most in here taking the piss KNOW he still has a chance of becoming a good buy for liverpool. But whilst he's going through this meme-ish form, we shall take the piss outta him.

No need for an essay on why he will be good.
That's the true spirit of banter. A lot of people are too afraid of enjoying themselves because at the risk of being quoted later on

That's because he's allowed to.

At the moment, he's not much of a goal threat, so defenders aren't too worried and leave him more space while focussing on Salah.

If he becomes clinical then they'll pay more attention to him and we'll stop seeing him get into the "right" positions so often.
What nonsense is this?
I'd give my team mates a good rollicking if they intentionally leave space for opponent's striker.
Nevermind me, this is pro level we're talking about.
Maybe what you mean he's not being double-teamed the way Salah normally is.
Darwin's speed alone sometimes is enough to blow away anybody marking him.
Shame his not wearing his black boots more often, theh seem to work wonder for his touch.

What nonsense is this?
I'd give my team mates a good rollicking if they intentionally leave space for opponent's striker.
Shame his not wearing his black boots more often, theh seem to work wonder for his touch.

Salah is double teamed and he's got way too predictable, i.e. running into blind alleys or cutting onto his left foot as every defender by now knows he will try to do. :(

Nunez has freshened things up with his chaos, just needs to start finding the next even for 20% more than he is currently. One thing I've noticed is defenders are starting to make really stupid mistakes like kicking or heading the ball straight into the air and into Nunez's path (or Salah's with that wolves defender). Maybe Darwin is the cause. Causal chaos. :)

What nonsense is this?

Sigh! I'll spell it out if this was so confusing.

"More space" here doesn't mean acres. It means half-a-yard here or there. Or defenders remaining on their heels longer for a split second around Nunez in situations where they would already be on their toes around Haaland or Salah.

These inches are easily the difference between a PL striker being in the right position and being comfortably controlled by the defense.

This sort of subconscious complacency is also what allows lower mid-table strikers to have great performances against defenders who just a week prior would've had the world's best striker in their pockets all game.

And no, you're not giving your team mates any kind of rollicking unless you're playing at a level where you're able to study this level of detail regularly.

That's the true spirit of banter. A lot of people are too afraid of enjoying themselves because at the risk of being quoted later on

The best way to stop worrying about that is spamming this place with so many bad takes that quoting them is water off a duck’s back. Threads about Richard Dunne being world class, for example.

Salah seems to have been forced out wide to accommodate Nunez.

All great goalscorers need facilitators and Salah just doesn’t have that anymore. The chances are all Darwin on the counter and Salah is a lesser version of himself in this setup.

They have created an issue where there wasn’t one. Compound that with an aging and low energy midfield and a formerly top class CB who has lost a step and confidence after injury and they are digging their own hole.

The should have spent that Darwin money on two energetic midfielders to partner Thiago
Its amazing that salah is expected to be on his last few good seasons and they decided to let mane go, give salah a major contract, spend 100mil on a donkey that shoves him out wide. Such a Ed Woodward move. Its funny we all can see it, heck even most liverpool fans can see it, but they wont admit it, because that will mean klopp is wrong. They can’t have that. So they toil in the just below the true epic team. Good

Sigh! I'll spell it out if this was so confusing.

"More space" here doesn't mean acres. It means half-a-yard here or there. Or defenders remaining on their heels longer for a split second around Nunez in situations where they would already be on their toes around Haaland or Salah.

These inches are easily the difference between a PL striker being in the right position and being comfortably controlled by the defense.

This sort of subconscious complacency is also what allows lower mid-table strikers to have great performances against defenders who just a week prior would've had the world's best striker in their pockets all game.

And no, you're not giving your team mates any kind of rollicking unless you're playing at a level where you're able to study this level of detail regularly.
If he's consistently finding spaces in games he's participting, he's the common denominator not the defenders who change every games.
Correlation is not the same with causation but still, the numbers is pretty glaring.
Darwin is good at finding space and get into shooting position it's just the finishing has been crap.
It's OK to give him the credit.

The Alan Shearer piece about him reads like fan fiction
Apparently him having so many shots is a positive and indicative of how well he is contributing to the Liverpool attack
Long may he reign at Anfield

Is he injured?
Possibly but not seriously. He's still a possible starter tomorrow. If not then I expect we'll end up trying Gakpo up top or shifting Salah there, but then I'm not sure who would play wide right. Maybe Doak gets a go.

They brought him in and completely folded as an attacking force. As much as I laugh at him it was actually shocking, his passing was the worst I’ve seen in a long time from any sort of level

I remember the hype in overdrive after the Charity shield win against City. But he's been very disappointing since then and Liverpool do look like a shell of their former selves.

They brought him in and completely folded as an attacking force. As much as I laugh at him it was actually shocking, his passing was the worst I’ve seen in a long time from any sort of level
Any day now! He'll come good! 50 goal a season striker!

Now they're playing him as a fecking winger! That's how good he is!

Any day now! He'll come good! 50 goal a season striker!

Now they're playing him as a fecking winger! That's how good he is!

He makes things happen! He's chaos!

fecking fraud of a player that anyone with half a brain cell can tell isn't cut out for top level football. You simply can't be that poor technically and expect to be anything more than a sparkplug wild card type

He makes things happen! He's chaos!

fecking fraud of a player that anyone with half a brain cell can tell isn't cut out for top level football. You simply can't be that poor technically and expect to be anything more than a sparkplug wild card type
“He creates chaos” is my new favourite description for a player that offers nothing. You want reliability. Chaos has never been a positive metric in football.

Klopp tried to compare him to Lewandowski a few weeks ago yet plays him on the left wing.

Klopp tried to compare him to Lewandowski a few weeks ago yet plays him on the left wing.
“He creates chaos” is my new favourite description for a player that offers nothing. You want reliability. Chaos has never been a positive metric in football.
Because of the price tag, they have to play him and make look like he is important to the team. They also keep him out of the way of shanking shots continuously in front of goal and destroying all their attacks.

Soon Klopp will have him to farm him out to the right back area to ‘cause chaos’.

Still waiting on him making everyone look silly, should be any match now

Fellaini caused more chaos and didn't cost 80m.

Andy Carroll used to get the “causes chaos” “awkward to play against” “he’s a nuisance to the opposition” stuff … like Fellaini did.

When they start using phrases that apply more to a loose horse than an elite sportsman; you know you’re a in trouble

It's not entirely true. Real Madrid thrives in creating chaos which allows them to outplay better, structured teams. But generally having control is a more reliable way to victory.

It's not entirely true. Real Madrid thrives in creating chaos which allows them to outplay better, structured teams. But generally having control is a more reliable way to victory.
Yeah but Madrid create "structured chaos" with an overload in certain areas which causes the opposition to panic, Nunez just causes chaos for everyone on the pitch, including his own teammates who don't know what he's going to do next.

Trent creates chaos at right back from a defensive point of view.

In fairness to Nunes, he works his backside off and doesn’t let his head go down. When you see people like Trent jogging about with minimal effort, Nunes is like a battering ram constantly pressing and will cause problems. His finishing reminds me of Werner though. Fast, pressing well, causing trouble but missing the target.

I kept banging on about this - the lad has never even averaged 15 passes per game in his career.

Liverpool brought in perhaps the most diametrically opposed player to Firmino imaginable, got confused why it didn't work, and are now scrambling to figure out some sort of contingency where he is instead replacing Mane on the left who is another unbelievably good link and buildup player.

With Nunez and Gakpo as Liverpools big investments to their forward line, they could potentially be in trouble for a while. Not in terms of being a consistent top four team, but in terms of challenging for the title. Salah and Mane were so integral to them being a dominant force, and it does not look like they have been adequately replaced. Add to that Firmino being in decline. Arguably only Diaz seems to be a like-for-like for replacement. They clearly need to invest in the midfield, so I'm not sure there is room to also buy more forwards.

He's as good as Haaland apparently. That's what I was told when he won a penalty with a wayward header in the charity shield and then accidentally scored against Fulham

He's as good as Haaland apparently. That's what I was told when he won a penalty with a wayward header in the charity shield and then accidentally scored against Fulham
My favourite goals are the ones he’s completely miss hit and they’ve flown into the back of the net, when if he’d connected how he intended to they’d have hit the corner flag. It’s the false hope they generate I thrive on.

I kept banging on about this - the lad has never even averaged 15 passes per game in his career.

Liverpool brought in perhaps the most diametrically opposed player to Firmino imaginable, got confused why it didn't work, and are now scrambling to figure out some sort of contingency where he is instead replacing Mane on the left who is another unbelievably good link and buildup player.
Yep, spot on. They’ve started pushing him out wide now in hope that his running pressures opposition fullbacks to sit back, but the reality is he’s zero threat out there because he just runs into blind alleys and when he tracks back he just puts everyone on edge.

Regardless of his football ability, I couldn't have coped with him at United purely for his slappable face

Haaland is one ugly bastard, but this guy has smug cnut written all over him.

That Fulham showing was a perfect example of what was to come. Missed some sitters, scored by accident and got talked about as the second coming.

It was clear as day long before they signed him that he was nowhere near good enough, amazed how many people were clamouring for us to waste money on him.

Trent creates chaos at right back from a defensive point of view.

In fairness to Nunes, he works his backside off and doesn’t let his head go down. When you see people like Trent jogging about with minimal effort, Nunes is like a battering ram constantly pressing and will cause problems. His finishing reminds me of Werner though. Fast, pressing well, causing trouble but missing the target.

Agree with this, Mitoma just abused Trent.