Darwin Núñez | Liverpool player | Fighter

As many limitations as he has that was a superb finish.
He’s better when he doesn’t have time to think.

As many limitations as he has that was a superb finish.
He’s better when he doesn’t have time to think.

He’s such a strange player. Give him a simple one on one from 10 yards out and he looks like he’s never kicked a ball in his life, yet that goal today was fantastic technique.

Why would he finish like that anyway?did he mistime his run?
So hard to gain consistency when you have that finishing from a near enough tap in position

Why would he finish like that anyway?did he mistime his run?
So hard to gain consistency when you have that finishing from a near enough tap in position
He's scared of facing GK :wenger: Better just flick facing away from goal. Good goal. Fooled Courtois completely.

Great finish but another poor match, gave the ball away a lot and broke down a lot of attacks with his decision making, no supplies to see him come off.

Thought he was poor overall tonight. Scored a good goal but wasn't really involved much. Gakpo had a much better game in the first half.

Thought he was poor overall tonight. Scored a good goal but wasn't really involved much. Gakpo had a much better game in the first half.
His first touch seemed really inconsistent with quite a few really heavy touches on easy passes to him.

Not sure why Klopp kept swapping his and Gakpo best position though. Make little sense tactically.

He’s such a strange player. Give him a simple one on one from 10 yards out and he looks like he’s never kicked a ball in his life, yet that goal today was fantastic technique.
There are quite a few centre forwards that rely on instinct rather than an innate analysis of where to put the ball into the onion bag.
Ruud for example would analyse where he was and what he had to do and would (more often than not) pass the ball into the net:
Nunez opts to smash the ball even when a better option is available. He’s a level below the best centre forwards but he’ll still do ok for the most part and will occasionaly score a blinder or miss an absolute sitter.
it takes a special talent to be entirely calm in the crucial moments: Nunez doesn’t have it but very few people do.

Something is good with him but can't figure out what that is. He isn't a donkey as everyone suggests.

Something is good with him but can't figure out what that is. He isn't a donkey as everyone suggests.
Speed, stamina, athleticism, daring attitude (trying thing). Technically he's inconsistent, not supreme gifted, but he's not flawed. His biggest flaw is decision making. Not sure he's a good learner because despite it seems easy, but it's difficult to actually learn to make correct decision under pressure on the pitch.

Last edited:
He still seems like the type of player who accidentally scores goals.

Moving him out to the wing was the smartest move by Klopp b/c he struggled at the 9 dealing with two CB's and has more room and freedom on the wing

he's still a fuking scouse cvnt though

He's actually quite good isn't he? I actually feel he would have been amazing under ETH performing the role Weghorst currently is at a higher level. Pressing monster.

Definitely the player we need to pay special attention to on Sunday.

He's actually quite good isn't he? I actually feel he would have been amazing under ETH performing the role Weghorst currently is at a higher level. Pressing monster.

I don't think he is suited for posession based football. He is actually the inverse Wout, not good at linking things and first touch but much better at the rest, so I really don't get your comparison

He'd no doubt be better than Weghorst but he's still pretty average overall as a player. Maybe Liverpool will get a Benni McCarthy type in to transform his finishing because that's his main issue at the moment, he has 0 technique in front of goal. He'll never been a top technical player and the wing experiment won't work in a top side, but if he could find some technique and composure in front of goal consistently he could certainly be a very good striker (don't think it'll happen, but who knows)

He's ok. Decent bench option for a club with aspirations.

He’s looked good last couple of games
But he doesn’t score! I don’t even think he played that well v Wolves.
They look so fragile and unsure. Nunez not scoring, missing chances and technique has simply been normalised.
It has got the makings of cult hero doing something random but I’m hoping it’s Weghorst

It has got the makings of cult hero doing something random but I’m hoping it’s Weghorst
You mean like Dirk Kuyt scoring a hat trick from a total distance of about 5 yards, or Silvestre scoring a brace?