Darwin Núñez | Liverpool player | Fighter

You know that's not the point. I hadn't called him a donkey. The point was made that if Darwin played for United he'd be ridiculed for his performances so far. I pointed out that Antony's performances have been similarly underwhelming and he hasn't been ridiculed any more than Darwin has. We have a tendency to be paranoid about how the media treats our own clubs.
I don't think Antony has made the same mistakes or looked like he can't even get the basics right. He's not set the world on fire but he's been a tidy system player and our best performances have come with him in the side.

It's notable that our form dropped prior to the world cup when he was out along with Varane.

I don't think Antony has made the same mistakes or looked like he can't even get the basics right. He's not set the world on fire but he's been a tidy system player and our best performances have come with him in the side.

It's notable that our form dropped prior to the world cup when he was out along with Varane.

Fair point.

To be honest, I've no interest in defending Darwin or criticising Antony :lol: So i'll leave it.

It's too early to say but they are similar players.

Last season Rashford scored four league goals, five in total, Nunez scored twenty six league goals, thirty four in total. I know it was a different league but that's a bigger total than Rashford has ever made.

I do partly blame Ronaldo for Rashford and Bruno Fernandes dropping off last season though.

The weird thing is that Nunez was in decent form before the world cup. Maybe the frustration at a difficult world cup both for him and his country is playing on his mind?

Rashford has performed incredible in multiple big games though, Darwin has had one good season in his career.

Nunes. Nuniez. Nuniesh Nunesh. Nuneze.

fecking commentators
Great to see him silence his critics with a world class shin that fortunately trickled into the net and has sent the media into a wankathon volley.

Poor first touch for his goal but did enough in the end.

Most in here taking the piss KNOW he still has a chance of becoming a good buy for liverpool. But whilst he's going through this meme-ish form, we shall take the piss outta him.

No need for an essay on why he will be good.

The best part is, if he connects with that ball the way he intended to, he smashes it into the corner flag.

You know what they say, if you can’t be good, be lucky.

Most in here taking the piss KNOW he still has a chance of becoming a good buy for liverpool. But whilst he's going through this meme-ish form, we shall take the piss outta him.

Except, he won’t come good. He’ll score the occasional worldie, he’ll score the miss hits like tonight or where it comes off his thigh but as a consistent goal scorer, he’s got no chance.

Except, he won’t come good. He’ll score the occasional worldie, he’ll score the miss hits like tonight or where it comes off his thigh but as a consistent goal scorer, he’s got no chance.
Honestly no way of knowing! If it’s a feeling you have, sure, I feel he’ll gain confidence eventually. Maybe not there, but he’s still very young. Maybe he’s just regretting his decision!

for me I have a weird feeling Graelish will end up at United once his city contract is done.

Nothing comes through the middle with him up top and of course he’s only a factor at all when there’s suddenly space behind the defence.
Isn’t he the most obvious inside forward in the league? Stick him out there

Honestly no way of knowing! If it’s a feeling you have, sure, I feel he’ll gain confidence eventually. Maybe not there, but he’s still very young. Maybe he’s just regretting his decision!

for me I have a weird feeling Graelish will end up at United once his city contract is done.
I think Grealish was a United player born and bread but it will never happen now.

Regards to Nunez, I think it’s the opposite, he’s too dim to realise you can’t keep hitting the ball first time from 40 yards out and hitting the corner flag without your team mates, manager and fans getting sick of it at some point, then comes the confidence dip and the trying too hard phase before the inevitable ‘this isn’t working out’ phase and the loan move back to Portugal/France/Italy.

Right now he’s high on life, doing what the feck he wants, and some point really soon people are going to run out of patience. Then he’s in real trouble.

Nothing comes through the middle with him up top and of course he’s only a factor at all when there’s suddenly space behind the defence.
Isn’t he the most obvious inside forward in the league? Stick him out there
Nothing comes through the middle with Liverpool, all their creative force is down to the fullbacks, the midfield is defensive and disciplined at all times so the fullbacks can have free reign to bomb on with reckless abandon. That’s why Henderson and Milner have lasted so long in this side, they just run around and pass square, you can do that until you’re 50.

Nothing comes through the middle with Liverpool, all their creative force is down to the fullbacks, the midfield is defensive and disciplined at all times so the fullbacks can have free reign to bomb on with reckless abandon. That’s why Henderson and Milner have lasted so long in this side, they just run around and pass square, you can do that until you’re 50.
It did when Firminho was in the side? It alllowed the inside forwards to come in as well.
There’s not even a hint of Nunez being able to do any of that. Everything bounces off him, he’ll never play a pass worth playing at that level. Even Jota added some kind of quality to supplement everyone around him when he played there.

It did when Firminho was in the side? It alllowed the inside forwards to come in as well.
There’s not even a hint of Nunez being able to do any of that. Everything bounces off him, he’ll never play a pass worth playing at that level. Even Jota added some kind of quality to supplement everyone around him when he played there.
Yeah well he is made of rubber so there is that issue that everything bounces off him. Firmino was the target for the fullback crosses and he’d win the knock ons for the inside forwards. Nunez just isn’t good at anything except putting himself about, and even today I saw him doing that like a headless chicken, he was easily bypassed

Ok jokes aside he looks like a nice lad. Im sure older caf members would like him as their son.

He reminds me of Onana at us so far. Obviously they're very different players but both have 8/10 qualities and 2/10 qualities which can end up with them either making really dumb lapses in their game or moments of quality. Both have it in them to become very good players though.

I'm still reflecting on the moments after he shinned the volley and it just sort of... Ended up going in. It wasn't a shot, really, it was just... There.

And then he ran around pointing at the ground in a way that shouted "YEAH! Feck the haters! Darwin is here now, baby! Let's fecking go!!!" Like it was a wondergoal. When we all know this isn't some sort of massive turning point where he'll now go on a ten match run of scoring all the time.

He might eventually start scoring goals but they are a weaker team for having him lead the line.

Lukaku banged goals in for us to start with, but it became obvious he wasn’t the answer.

I'm still reflecting on the moments after he shinned the volley and it just sort of... Ended up going in. It wasn't a shot, really, it was just... There.

And then he ran around pointing at the ground in a way that shouted "YEAH! Feck the haters! Darwin is here now, baby! Let's fecking go!!!" Like it was a wondergoal. When we all know this isn't some sort of massive turning point where he'll now go on a ten match run of scoring all the time.

That was also exactly how the commentators treated it. On my stream, the commentator said something like "Who said this guy can't finish?!". Cringe.

Being generous, it was a clever finish if he saw the goalkeeper moving to Nunez' left and realized his momentum would make it impossible to save a shot in the other corner. But he got lucky with the execution, as it hit him on the calf.

Only reason why I don't mind him doing better this season is because I have his upgradeable card in FIFA. But the delusion that he'll be a world class striker is staggering.

If he didn't waste so many chances or in other words if he was more clinical he'd honestly be one of the best strikers atm. He puts himself in good positions in and around the box and is good at doing pretty much everything but scoring goals...

Feels like he just hasn't got it in him to be a clinical goalscorer. I think in the long run he'll end up an expensive mistake for them. Miles off compared to someone like Suarez.

He’ll score goals, but honestly thank feck he isn’t more clinical because he gets in all the right positions. Mad he’s so consistently shit at kicking the ball in the net, genuinely feel like that’s the easiest part for a pro.

I reckon he’ll be the equivalent for Liverpool as Lukaku was for us.

Still think he’s a bench player who could come on and make an impact, if he ever gets consistent in front of goal. He’s changed the way they play for the worse.

He’ll score goals, but honestly thank feck he isn’t more clinical because he gets in all the right positions. Mad he’s so consistently shit at kicking the ball in the net, genuinely feel like that’s the easiest part for a pro.

I used to lament his touch earlier on but as you can see I've become a fan of his chaos causing abilities. His touch and passing has become consistent if unspectacular. That's fine because his pace and determination are leading to fluffed up defensive clearances and opposition wingers playing further back defensively. This is leading to most of our goal scoring chances (xG and xA) coming from the left. Mostly by a freed up Robertson.

Like you say, actually putting the ball in the net should come as standard for a pro. And I'm sure it will as, unlike Lukaku who stands around for a chance instead of attacking the 6 yard box, Nunez is always hungry.

That's because he's allowed to.

At the moment, he's not much of a goal threat, so defenders aren't too worried and leave him more space while focussing on Salah.

If he becomes clinical then they'll pay more attention to him and we'll stop seeing him get into the "right" positions so often.

That's just how he is as a player though. Uber confident and plays through his instincts, regardless of what is happening. It's what makes him really good or really bad. Good in the sense he will keep trying and never get into his shell. The bad, well, he continues messing up easy chances.

I think Grealish was a United player born and bread but it will never happen now.

Regards to Nunez, I think it’s the opposite, he’s too dim to realise you can’t keep hitting the ball first time from 40 yards out and hitting the corner flag without your team mates, manager and fans getting sick of it at some point, then comes the confidence dip and the trying too hard phase before the inevitable ‘this isn’t working out’ phase and the loan move back to Portugal/France/Italy.

Right now he’s high on life, doing what the feck he wants, and some point really soon people are going to run out of patience. Then he’s in real trouble.
Yeah sounds standard to someone out of confidence and full of nerves. Goes for the Hollywood hit instead of composure.

That obviously won't happen.
I disagree, he’ll be 32, could see him playing the Bruno role for two years

That's because he's allowed to.

At the moment, he's not much of a goal threat, so defenders aren't too worried and leave him more space while focussing on Salah.

If he becomes clinical then they'll pay more attention to him and we'll stop seeing him get into the "right" positions so often.

Which means more goals for Salah/Gakpo/Jota/Diaz. That's how you make teamwork work.

Which means more goals for Salah/Gakpo/Jota/Diaz. That's how you make teamwork work.

That statement has no worth whatsoever until he actually becomes a clinical goal threat.

It basically means "it'd be great if he was better than he is."

That's exactly it. So many Liverpool men keep saying to me he going to make people look foolish. People getting way to into it countering his bad play with essays on how he will come good,

Who cares if he comes good, we enjoying taking the piss out of him now with the reality he looks totally foolish at the moment and has been a total meme since he started.