Darwin Núñez | Liverpool player | Fighter

After all their years of their signings all coming in and flourishing, it's great to see their new signings now flopping

Currently the nations biggest manufacturer of :copium: where Liverpool fans are looking for the good old "he runs intensely so he is good" excuse to paint over the fact he was not in fact brought there to "work hard" for all the money.

I kept banging on about this - the lad has never even averaged 15 passes per game in his career.

Liverpool brought in perhaps the most diametrically opposed player to Firmino imaginable, got confused why it didn't work, and are now scrambling to figure out some sort of contingency where he is instead replacing Mane on the left who is another unbelievably good link and buildup player.
That Fulham showing was a perfect example of what was to come. Missed some sitters, scored by accident and got talked about as the second coming.

It was clear as day long before they signed him that he was nowhere near good enough, amazed how many people were clamouring for us to waste money on him.
Spent last summer on twitter trying to convince Liverpool to get him and convince United fans to stop listening to a tool like Goldbridge. He makes Lukaku look like Messi and McTominay look like Iniesta. I was begging his one season wonder would see Klopp go for him, so the day the dippers spunked out 100m on him I was happier than when we bought Casemiro and Antony. :lol:

3LiYe_d.webp

Right on time.

How did my man do today? Has it clicked? He the next Van Nistelrooy/Raul Jimenez hybrid yet?

I’m not enjoying his lack of chaos. His Chaos XG has fallen off a cliff

His shooting technique consists of simply booting it as hard as possible. I assume goalkeepers in Portugal went on strike last season

Remember the meltdown when we did not sign him.
Even from his YouTube videos, you could tell he was lees try bad. Abortion of a a player.

If he were missing those chances for us the whole narrative around this guy would be so different. Lukaku did better for us in Timberlands.

His finishing is terrible, two absolute sitters yesterday and missed. The 2nd one especially, where 'trent' played a wonderful ball over the top, Nunez was clean through on goal and blasted it straight at the keeper. A good striker scores that goal!

How did my man do today? Has it clicked? He the next Van Nistelrooy/Raul Jimenez hybrid yet?

He's about the same level as Van Nistelrooy actually, if Van Nistelrooy was still playing now.

Andy Carroll Mk.2.

His shooting technique consists of simply booting it as hard as possible. I assume goalkeepers in Portugal went on strike last season
Said it from week two. He can’t hit it with power towards either side of the net, it’s always down the keepers throat because that’s all his ill hit this hard technique can do.

Still think he can be a success for the dippers.

Guy gets chance after chance, strikers go through spells where they can't hit a cows arse with a banjo. You only have to look at rashford and his composure levels at the minute compared to the 18 months prior.

If he finds a little composure he would score 20+ as the chances seem to be a steady supply for him with his pace, power and movement.

His finishing is terrible, two absolute sitters yesterday and missed. The 2nd one especially, where 'trent' played a wonderful ball over the top, Nunez was clean through on goal and blasted it straight at the keeper. A good striker scores that goal!
I’d say an average striker scores that goal even, or at least they always seem to against us. If you’re playing at the top end it’s because you know where the net is usually.

Still think he can be a success for the dippers.

Guy gets chance after chance, strikers go through spells where they can't hit a cows arse with a banjo. You only have to look at rashford and his composure levels at the minute compared to the 18 months prior.

If he finds a little composure he would score 20+ as the chances seem to be a steady supply for him with his pace, power and movement.

I agree but I also thought Morata (who was technically so good overall) would start to score goals at a higher rate, though Nunez does get more good chances due to his speed. It's possible he'll just never be a consistent finisher. He might even find a way to have like a 30 in 30 starts sort of season and then follow it up with a 4 goals in 25 starts sort of shambolic campaign. His range is huge.

Who are some big and fast guys who got chances but couldn't finish enough of them?

I agree but I also thought Morata (who was technically so good overall) would start to score goals at a higher rate, though Nunez does get more good chances due to his speed. It's possible he'll just never be a consistent finisher. He might even find a way to have like a 30 in 30 starts sort of season and then follow it up with a 4 goals in 25 starts sort of shambolic campaign. His range is huge.

Who are some big and fast guys who got chances but couldn't finish enough of them?

Ricardo Fuller