Darwin Núñez | Liverpool player | Fighter

Anyone who doesn’t go into the stands to protect family or children is simply not a man. Anyone with kids knows this. Good on you Darwin.

Anyone who doesn’t go into the stands to protect family or children is simply not a man. Anyone with kids knows this. Good on you Darwin.
You guys are just finding reason to defend his behaviour.

Even if his wife and kid are on the pitch beside him before he decides to jump into the crowd?

Yeah leave your wife and kids alone on the pitch and go and fight a group of idiots. That sounds like a really smart idea.

No way this isn’t satire. No way you’re finding an angle :lol:

You can't call for more personality in the modern game then get riled up if a player wants to jump in and lay out a few fans. Let them have at it, top guy, our Darwin!
Straw men and tribalism :drool:

I hope he gets nine months suspension from football just like Cantona.

If NJ in your username refers to New Jersey, I do somehow understand your tribalism.

Is it t-shirt time though?

There’s something conflicting in Darwin’s parents naming him after Charles Darwin, only for him to go completely backwards in evolution and going neandertal in the stands.

Cheers. 3rd point is spot on unfortunately. I often think now how I wouldn't take my kids to such "event"/high risk games considering that you have zero influence on mass around you. Full on alcohol too.
Aye, was planning to take my kids in 2026 but having second thoughts about it now.

If you can't get Uruguayans and Colombians to get along I'm not overly optimistic.

I'm used to this stuff, participate in the security and medical response before, during and after games at three major Brazilian stadiums. Done WC2014, Copa America, Copa Libertadores finals... some people get really broken up but it's usually troublemakers ending up in confrontations with police (e.g. remember Argentina at the Maracana? players got involved there too).

Very rarely do you see "regular people" in brawls and what I see there is largely "regular people". They are not situations were people suddenly snap that must have built up over twenty minutes at least so it's the stewards you have to have a long hard look at.

Nunez alongside team-mates including Jose Gimenez and Ronald Araujo battled fans of their opponents, while Tottenham midfielder Rodrigo Betancur could be seen flinging two bottles into the stands - only for one to hit a Uruguayan staff member.

:lol:

And here is me idiot watching Euro instead of this

Aye, was planning to take my kids in 2026 but having second thoughts about it now.

Was at 2 games this Euro and there was a moment after one game where suddenly things have been thrown out of the bar and I was just walking down the street. Even in yesterday's game England vs Netherlands there was a fight near the bar and things started flying around with some fans just walking by. Am somehow used to that (or that it could happen), but couldn't forgive myself if one of the bottles hits my daughter for example.

Now, there are obviously ways to minimise the risk like coming late to the game, taking seats where there is less tribal fans, etc.. Still, however the risk is small, it's not worth it and especially in certain games.

You guys are just finding reason to defend his behaviour.

if they defended suarez for racially abusing evra and justified it, you can be sure they’ll justify nunez’s action, which are easier to understand and defend.

This might make us shift focus towards bringing in a new centre forward if he gets a lengthy suspension. Blessing in disguise and all that.

In all seriousness, not the best outlook for him if he really went in after his wife and kids were already alongside him on the pitch. Probably just blacked out once he heard what happened, he's not exactly known for level-headed responses in such situations.

Totally agreed and a mitigating factor.

6 month ban.

South Americans are always like that. How come there was more Colombians? Do they not half the fans?

He shouldn't get banned at all, to be honest.

Of course he should be banned, we cant have players running in to the stand to fight with fans.

He also grabbed a chair and tried to throw it in to the crowd which should be a lengthy ban on its own.

Of course he should be banned, we cant have players running in to the stand to fight with fans.

He also grabbed a chair and tried to throw it in to the crowd which should be a lengthy ban on its own.

If his family is in trouble then all bets are off. If they got killed and he just stood there, then what? I don't care what anyone says. And stewards are fecking useless twats anyway.

Agree 100%

judging from his quality of finishing, i doubt that he’s had any kids.

If his family is in trouble then all bets are off. If they got killed and he just stood there, then what? I don't care what anyone says. And stewards are fecking useless twats anyway.
Seems that his family were in the ground already.
He just went to pick a fight with any Colombian fan.

From the video's ive seen his familly had already left the stand before he started fighting the fans