Darwin Núñez | Liverpool player | Fighter

Guy wasn't protecting anyone, it's waffle. Besides, he was the one to catch a few straights anyway - what protecting?

12 months ban, please

Guy wasn't protecting anyone, it's waffle. Besides, he was the one to catch a few straights anyway - what protecting?

12 months ban, please
We’d benefit more if he was still playing for Liverpool. He’s awful.

He should have let his family be assaulted. You can't have footballers jump into the crowd like that.

He should have let his family be assaulted. You can't have footballers jump into the crowd like that.

I mean there's probably a meet in the middle scenario here.

Running about like a loon lobbing chairs isn't a great reaction. I wouldn't criticise him for having a 'reaction'.

His wife and kids were already on the pitch. He can’t be bringing that rag tag Scouser energy to a classy place like Charlotte.

If his family is in trouble then all bets are off. If they got killed and he just stood there, then what? I don't care what anyone says. And stewards are fecking useless twats anyway.
I wish. Had a tenner on him to have a single shot on target, the useless fecker

On a slightly different note, does anyone know if you can be charged in the US for throwing a metal chair into a crowd? I mean, the chair just didn't end up there because a steward(?) grabbed the backrest and deflected the flight.
What an absolute idiot Nunez is.

On a slightly different note, does anyone know if you can be charged in the US for throwing a metal chair into a crowd? I mean, the chair just didn't end up there because a steward(?) grabbed the backrest and deflected the flight.
What an absolute idiot Nunez is.
You absolutely could be charged if you did that in the US, most likely reckless endangerment & disorderly conduct (a neck musician threw a chair off of a hotel rooftop bar a couple of months ago & received those charges).

You absolutely could be charged if you did that in the US, most likely reckless endangerment & disorderly conduct (a neck musician threw a chair off of a hotel rooftop bar a couple of months ago & received those charges).
I think a player in the Malice at the Palace also threw a chair in the crowd and got a felony battery or assault charge or something like that :lol:

I think a player in the Malice at the Palace also threw a chair in the crowd and got a felony battery or assault charge or something like that :lol:
No doubt. That was a fecking brawl to end all brawls.

For everyone else's edification, here's what we are talking about...

Coincidently, today is also the anniversary of this. This brawl carried over into the crowd and lasted for 30 minutes.

Was at 2 games this Euro and there was a moment after one game where suddenly things have been thrown out of the bar and I was just walking down the street. Even in yesterday's game England vs Netherlands there was a fight near the bar and things started flying around with some fans just walking by. Am somehow used to that (or that it could happen), but couldn't forgive myself if one of the bottles hits my daughter for example.

Now, there are obviously ways to minimise the risk like coming late to the game, taking seats where there is less tribal fans, etc.. Still, however the risk is small, it's not worth it and especially in certain games.
Of course, I remember going to The Emirates once with no tickets and watching the game at a nearby pub. Henry scored a late winner and pints immediately started flying all over the place.

No way I'd ever expose my kids like that, but these are seats behind the dugout. They ought to be one of the safest and most closely guarded sectors in the stadium. Clearly not.

Every time I watch this I laugh at Ron Artest laying out on the scorer’s table like he’s at the beach and grabbing the announcers headset, then next thing you see is him half way up the stands in full rage. Netflix had pretty decent documentary about it all.

Last night definitely had some similar vibes. I think on one hand you get the emotions if you felt your family is in danger but Nunez trying to toss that chair into a crowd seemed like at that point he lost the plot. He should be thanking that person that grab that chair or I think he could have been sitting in a Charlotte jail.

Please don't ban him. Liverpool might be forced into signing a decent CF.

Last edited:
Every time I watch this I laugh at Ron Artest laying out on the scorer’s table like he’s at the beach and grabbing the announcers headset, then next thing you see is him half way up the stands in full rage. Netflix had pretty decent documentary about it all.

Last night definitely had some similar vibes. I think on one hand you get the emotions if you felt your family is in danger but Nunez trying to toss that chair into a crowd seemed like at that point he lost the plot. He should be thanking that person that grab that chair or I think he could have been sitting in a Charlotte jail.
About to start the doc right now.

At least a few of those punches was on target, he was bloody useless in the match with a number of good scoring chance kicked as wide as a ducks arse.

Liverpool will be better off if he's suspended.

Rawk

Anyone who's called Darwin an idiot has been made to look pretty foolish themselves

His actions post game have been the perfect distraction from him not being able to hit the target in the first half, and not managing to even get a shot off in the 45mins+ Colombia were down to 10 men.

Pretty genius move if you ask me.

Saw this on reddit.

At around 1 minute you can see a lady leave the area with a kid, this looks like might be Nunez' partner & child ( kid has a Nunez jersey on, same number and colour as the one he's holding in the pic) Then seems like he goes and enters the crowd in another area at around 6 mins.

Seems to me she wasn't there at all.

From this it seems to be that it started from Uruguayans.

Colombians were celebrating, and probably mocking the Uruguayans and the guy behind the lady that's recording says "que te pasa conchadetumadre" (what's wrong with you motherfecker") to a Colombian.

Then the brawl starts and all the people start leaving.

Later the lady recording says "al menos no son argentinos", "no saben perder igual que los argentinos" (at least they are not Argentinians, they don't know how to lose just like the Argentinians")