Darwin Núñez | Liverpool player | Fighter

From this it seems to be that it started from Uruguayans.

Colombians were celebrating, and probably mocking the Uruguayans and the guy behind the lady that's recording says "que te pasa conchadetumadre" (what's wrong with you motherfecker") to a Colombian.

Then the brawl starts and all the people start leaving.

Later the lady recording says "al menos no son argentinos", "no saben perder igual que los argentinos" (at least they are not Argentinians, they don't know how to lose just like the Argentinians")
Are you serious? That video shows an entire sector already empty, with loads of people on the pitch and the players coming over to confront a specific section of Colombian fans. This has been going on for a while now.

In fact, that bint keeps crowing they are bad losers amid many Colombians and Uruguayans who are passive and nobody goes there and picks a fight for the sake of it. You also see a woman that seems to have lost it guiding Ronald Araújo towards the culprits.

It is all consistent with the reports that the Colombians on that side started a crush on the Uruguayan sector, women/children exited for the pitch and others fought back, with the players coming to support them (some just regular fans but many from the male contingent of their family groups who had fought back to allow them to exit).

Are you serious? That video shows an entire sector already empty, with loads of people on the pitch and the players coming over to confront a specific section of Colombian fans. This has been going on for a while now.

In fact, that bint keeps crowing they are bad losers amid many Colombians and Uruguayans who are passive and nobody goes there and picks a fight for the sake of it. You also see a woman that seems to have lost it guiding Ronald Araújo towards the culprits.

It is all consistent with the reports that the Colombians on that side started a crush on the Uruguayan sector, women/children exited for the pitch and others fought back, with the players coming to support them (some just regular fans but many from the male contingent of their family groups who had fought back to allow them to exit).
I understand you are defending your own, but I've seen at least 3 different POV where clearly it was Uruguay starting the attacks, in different parts of the stadium, and still haven't seen any evidence of the attacks on the relatives.

There's the one of the 2 olden swearing and throwing punches to a few Colombian guys who were trying calm them down.

The one from the lady that starts with Uruguay swearing.

The one with the Uruguay directives swearing and throwing things to the colombians.

I understand you are defending your own, but I've seen at least 3 different POV where clearly it was Uruguay starting the attacks, in different parts of the stadium, and still haven't seen any evidence of the attacks on the relatives.

There's the one of the 2 olden swearing and throwing punches to a few Colombian guys who were trying calm them down.

The one from the lady that starts with Uruguay swearing.

The one with the Uruguay directives swearing and throwing things to the colombians.
I'm not defending my own. I'm on holiday in Greece and the last thing I'll do is trawl the internet for random clips of minor incidents.

I don't even think Colombians would suddenly think "hey, you know what would be great? Let's start an avalanche on that sky blue sector!"

It's more likely than not that there were scuffles in different locations with tensions running high as the game neared its end (there sure was drama on the pitch).

When you have probably 9 Colombians for every Uruguayan it is likely one of those got out of hand and turned into a crush into that Uruguayan sector. Just a question of larger numbers.

You literally see an almost empty sector and a whole bunch of people on the pitch. It is clear what happened there, deliberate/targeted or not. I very much doubt the Colombians had the foggiest idea many of these were relatives.

If you are a player you will notice your relatives on the pitch but also those not on the pitch, so yes, you will go up there and get stuck in it.

I'm not defending my own. I'm on holiday in Greece and the last thing I'll do is trawl the internet for random clips of minor incidents.

I don't even think Colombians would suddenly think "hey, you know what would be great? Let's start an avalanche on that sky blue sector!"

It's more likely than not that there were scuffles in different locations with tensions running high as the game neared its end (there sure was drama on the pitch).

When you have probably 9 Colombians for every Uruguayan it is likely one of those got out of hand and turned into a crush into that Uruguayan sector. Just a question of larger numbers.

You literally see an almost empty sector and a whole bunch of people on the pitch. It is clear what happened there, deliberate/targeted or not. I very much doubt the Colombians had the foggiest idea many of these were relatives.

If you are a player you will notice your relatives on the pitch but also those not on the pitch, so yes, you will go up there and get stuck in it.

I was there, and can tell you exactly what happened. Full time whistle went, beer and plastic cups getting thrown everywhere, understandably the Uruguay families (all behind the bench wearing light blue mainly) were not happy having it thrown over them, the bench players went to remonstrate and then it kicked off from there.

There was also at least 3 fights in the stands near me too between Uruguay and Colombia fans, as well as several scuffles outside the stadium. But If no Colombia fan throws beer and cups, none of this happens.

So he gets to stay at home for five international games?

that went better than expected.

That’s very soft. I thought fighting with fans was frowned upon. Was expecting a 6 month ban worldwide or something like that

That’s very soft. I thought fighting with fans was frowned upon. Was expecting a 6 month ban worldwide or something like that
Weren’t the fans like messing with his family though? If that was the case then it changes the dynamic a lot

Weren’t the fans like messing with his family though? If that was the case then it changes the dynamic a lot
I don’t think it does. Where do you draw the line? Cantona got a 9 month ban for attacking a fan that had shouted abuse about his mother etc.
there should be no excuse, the players could have caused a riot to kick off in a volatile situation

I don’t think it does. Where do you draw the line? Cantona got a 9 month ban for attacking a fan that had shouted abuse about his mother etc.
there should be no excuse, the players could have caused a riot to kick off in a volatile situation
But his family was physically in the stadium being harassed, right? That's why nunez ran into the stands and got his son to protect him. That's a lot different than someone just yelling about your mom.

But his family was physically in the stadium being harassed, right? That's why nunez ran into the stands and got his son to protect him. That's a lot different than someone just yelling about your mom.
There was security.

By running in and being quick to throw punches he potentially put more than his family at risk

All those fruit baskets we send CONMEBOL are finally paying off I see!

Yeah, pathetically soft punishment. Still waiting for Bentancur to be banned for his remarks around Son/Asian people. Though he's not a United player I guess.

Do people actually believe this?

It was said in jest. But there has been a history of Utd players being dealt way harsher punishments for either similar or lesser offence.

E.g Cantona, 8 months domestic league and international suspension for that kick; Rio Ferdinand banned for longer than Adrian Mutu when he missed a drug test v.s Mutu who outright failed a drug test; Paul Scholes suspended for 3 opening matches for being sent off in a pre-season friendly match v.s Steven Gerrard who got nothing for being sent off in a preseason friendly.

His family were on the pitch and he left them to go to the crowd, there was a point where he tried to throw a chair into the crowd.

Cantona got 8 months for much less.

He should have gotten at least a 1 year ban from all football, 5 games + 20k is absolutely nothing.

His family were on the pitch and he left them to go to the crowd, there was a point where he tried to throw a chair into the crowd.

Cantona got 8 months for much less.

He should have gotten at least a 1 year ban from all football, 5 games + 20k is absolutely nothing.
Yep, he was not fighting for his family.
He was being a thug.
Ridiculous punishment, no matter who you support.

As bad as it was there may have been mitigating factors such his family being in the area being attacked.

Cantona just volleyed a fan and followed up with a punch because the fan was getting in his nerves.

Reserved for United players they want to make an 'example' of. Plus, if you watch the video, fighting doesn't really apply to Nunez as he missed with every punch he threw, so it was more like shadow boxing...

As bad as it was there may have been mitigating factors such his family being in the area being attacked.

Cantona just volleyed a fan and followed up with a punch because the fan was getting in his nerves.
There wasn't. He went over to the away end, threw a chair at them, got in the stands and started throwing punches.

Pretty sure his family were on the pitch and he left them on their own to play hooligan.

Do people actually believe this?

EDIT -

Apparently so
I don’t think (reasonable) people genuinely believe there’s a conspiracy against United. But I don’t think you can discard that there’s a certain media scrutiny that’s applied to United, that doesn’t necessarily apply to other clubs. Not because of some grand conspiracy to keep United down, but rather because headlines in war types involving United sell papers.

The notion that his can translate to comparatively harsher judgement for United players isn’t that far fetched. The punishment in this case seems unbelievably soft, and it’s hard to imagine that if there were pictures of e.g. Bruno Fernandes throwing punches in amongst the crowd he wouldn’t miss a single United match as a result.

Reserved for United players they want to make an 'example' of. Plus, if you watch the video, fighting doesn't really apply to Nunez as he missed with every punch he threw, so it was more like shadow boxing...
His punching is similar to his kicking then.

I hope you understand the difference between the Nunez incident and what Cantona did. Cantona went and attacked a fan completely unprovoked, Nunez went in because he felt his family was in physical danger from opposition fans.

I hope you understand the difference between the Nunez incident and what Cantona did. Cantona went and attacked a fan completely unprovoked, Nunez went in because he felt his family was in physical danger from opposition fans.

His family was on the pitch.

The fans didn't go onto the pitch, he left his family on the pitch and went into the crowd.

I would’ve thought if he really wanted to protect his family he would’ve went straight to them and actually protected them rather than going in swinging at any fan he could reach.

:lol::lol::lol:

Top quality bait, a tip of the hat

There wasn't. He went over to the away end, threw a chair at them, got in the stands and started throwing punches.

Pretty sure his family were on the pitch and he left them on their own to play hooligan.
Ahh just a narrative to defend his actions then. Fair enough.