Danny Welbeck | Arsenal player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welbz is gonna get 25 league goals and you'll be crawling back into your cave.

Don't think he'll quite get 25, at least not yet. He's a great signing for you though. He's going to be top class.

so over/under 15 goals for Welbz?

Last 2 players who wore 23 at Arsenal:

10635879_593257947486408_4916560110383355330_n.png
he'll do better than Bendtner :lol:

Eh? Why didn't Eriksen put it in the net instead of passing a yard behind Nik?

Yep, in 2020 the Pogba and Welbeck threads will still be bumped.

Pogba conversations in several different forums were always tedious and irritating. Welbeck playing for Arsenal gonna be tough though. I want him to do well and i don't. Urgh.

Need to get Daehli back in the next year or so. Only his physique holding him back right now from exploding.

Last edited:
Selling Welbeck was correct.

Do we want to be a team fighting for 4th with sentimentality? Or do we want to be cut-throat and stop at nothing to be the best of the best of the best of the best?

You may not like it, but selling Welbeck makes perfect sense from the viewpoint of a club looking to be the best in the World. As is signing Di Maria and Falcao.

If Welbeck was as good as some of you make out, he wouldn't be an Arsenal panic buy. He would have had Madrid and Barcelona tugging his arms. Alas they were not.

Not so sure if selling your best attackers in the last two league games is correct especially when he is still in a young age. Welbeck 10 mins performance against Sunderland and Burnley is way better than 180 mins of Rooney. And also better than Mata recently games.

Not so sure if selling your best attackers in the last two league games is correct especially when he is still in a young age. Welbeck 10 mins performance against Sunderland and Burnley is way better than 180 mins of Rooney. And also better than Mata recently games.
Talk about short term memory. Let's forget that rvp and Rooney have a about ten years each in Pl, and Mata proven top notch both in England and Spain. Let's remember instead, a couple of ten minute performances against tired defenses. And let's also forget the complete and utter top notch, undoubtedly world class striker we brought in. The over rating of welbeck has made the over rating of kagawa look spectacularly tame in the last week or so.

Absolutely, let's sign Jérémie Aliadière instead who has better and more buckets of "10 mins" of brilliance.

In fact Rooney's 180 minutes of bad performance divided by a factor of 180 gives 1/180 th of a bad performance which is about 0.0055. On the other hand about 92.47% of footballers who played that week have a higher performance per minute quotient than Rooney. Pretty bad piece of business by Man Utd.

I was thinking that there is a good chance 'Welbz' would go on to be a good player for Arsenal, but:

Welbz is gonna get 25 league goals and you'll be crawling back into your cave.
Good ol Pete has given him the kiss of death.

I thought pete never rated Welbz before :lol: He's always on a WUM

He did, Welbeck alongside Smalling were the players he would be delighted with at Arsenal. And Rafael too hehe.

I thought pete never rated Welbz before :lol: He's always on a WUM

I'd love nothing more than to "Rozay" Pete but the truth is that he's always been very positive about Welbeck and is only being consistent in his views now. It comes as no surprise that he's pleased with the signing.

Talk about short term memory. Let's forget that rvp and Rooney have a about ten years each in Pl, and Mata proven top notch both in England and Spain. Let's remember instead, a couple of ten minute performances against tired defenses. And let's also forget the complete and utter top notch, undoubtedly world class striker we brought in. The over rating of welbeck has made the over rating of kagawa look spectacularly tame in the last week or so.

Talk about what season we are, you might need to forget about the past and look at what happen this season. Everyone here know that Rooney has already passed his best. His performance has been inconsistent, his touch has been drop, he got no pace anymore and his work rate isn't as great as before.
Your quote is like a person who expect someone to get his best back again. Can he get his best back again? Everyone has been questioning this since last season but in the end of season he is just not the same of the old Wayne Rooney you are thinking. Even now he is just not the same anymore. Even 2 seasons ago, Sir Alex Ferguson dropped Rooney in some games for Welbeck. The similar thing can be said on RVP. Can we expect 31 years old RVP to be the same as 2 or 3 or 4 years ago? Time will tell. Striker will never be the best forever especially with that age.

Absolutely, let's sign Jérémie Aliadière instead who has better and more buckets of "10 mins" of brilliance.

In fact Rooney's 180 minutes of bad performance divided by a factor of 180 gives 1/180 th of a bad performance which is about 0.0055. On the other hand about 92.47% of footballers who played that week have a higher performance per minute quotient than Rooney. Pretty bad piece of business by Man Utd.

Oh yeah Aliadiere? Yeah sure fair comparison. We are talking about Manchester United here and also EPL. Did you watch his game or just using calculation of stats of goals. Well, may be let's sign me because I play better and more buckets in my "local Sunday league" :lol::lol:
That's why they are not overpaid. And you are talking shit here. :lol:

Talk about what season we are, you might need to forget about the past and look at what happen this season. Everyone here know that Rooney has already passed his best. His performance has been inconsistent, his touch has been drop, he got no pace anymore and his work rate isn't as great as before.
Your quote is like a person who expect someone to get his best back again. Can he get his best back again? Everyone has been questioning this since last season but in the end of season he is just not the same of the old Wayne Rooney you are thinking. Even now he is just not the same anymore. Even 2 seasons ago, Sir Alex Ferguson dropped Rooney in some games for Welbeck. The similar thing can be said on RVP. Can we expect 31 years old RVP to be the same as 2 or 3 or 4 years ago? Time will tell. Striker will never be the best forever especially with that age.
True. I must be the only one thinking Rooney might actually be a decent player, but what do I know. It's not like Louis Van Gaal, a world class manager with a history of winning has made him captain. Nor has Roy Hodgson, albeit not in the same level of manager, but still a top quality manager, has made him captain of his country.

Right. I get you. I'm in the past with regard to Rooney's form, but we should remember that Rooney was once dropped for the mighty Welbeck 2 years ago.

3 games into the season is not the time you judge when a player is "past it" or not. He's 28 or 29 or whatever, he's in his prime. He's not playing brilliantly at the moment, but the saying goes "Form is temporary, class is permanent".

Similar thing can be said of RVP ... didn't he score 4 at the World Cup this year, spearheading a side which wasn't fancied, and yet made the semi finals? Managed by the apparently incompetent Louis Van Gaal, who is living in the past, by your definition.

Oh yeah Aliadiere? Yeah sure fair comparison. We are talking about Manchester United here and also EPL. Did you watch his game or just using calculation of stats of goals. Well, may be let's sign me because I play better and more buckets in my "local Sunday league" :lol::lol:
That's why they are not overpaid. And you are talking shit here. :lol:

Obviously, compared to the cutting edge research that you did to prove Welbeck should have been kept, my analysis is shite at best!

Obviously, compared to the cutting edge research that you did to prove Welbeck should have been kept, my analysis is shite at best!

Unlike you, I don't need research to judge Welbeck and Rooney, because I watched the game for full 90 mins.

Unlike you, I don't need research to judge Welbeck and Rooney, because I watched the game for full 90 mins.
The game. So, based on 1 game, you judge Welbeck the better player. Class.

I remember Simon Davies scoring a fantastic left footed volley in a 4-0 win at Old Trafford in the Champions League against Galatasaray. He's probably better than Rooney too.

True. I must be the only one thinking Rooney might actually be a decent player, but what do I know. It's not like Louis Van Gaal, a world class manager with a history of winning has made him captain. Nor has Roy Hodgson, albeit not in the same level of manager, but still a top quality manager, has made him captain of his country.

Right. I get you. I'm in the past with regard to Rooney's form, but we should remember that Rooney was once dropped for the mighty Welbeck 2 years ago.

3 games into the season is not the time you judge when a player is "past it" or not. He's 28 or 29 or whatever, he's in his prime. He's not playing brilliantly at the moment, but the saying goes "Form is temporary, class is permanent".

Similar thing can be said of RVP ... didn't he score 4 at the World Cup this year, spearheading a side which wasn't fancied, and yet made the semi finals? Managed by the apparently incompetent Louis Van Gaal, who is living in the past, by your definition.

Sir Alex Ferguson would never make him our permanent captain anyway. And he said it before as well that Rooney would never be his permanent captain. A lot of people don't like the idea of him being captain as well. But there is no much option who can be the captain, RVP and Evans could be the captain choice but they are injury prone. And again will you want such a attitude to be our captain? I'm not saying he's bad either because I will drop Mata for him at the moment but Welbeck is currently perform way better than him. Was once? You meant Real Madrid? What about Spurs and other games?

Sorry who judge him to be bad? I only said Welbeck has been our best attacker this season and none should deny the fact that he played better than any our attackers this season. You are missing the point of the discussion. We are not talking about how bad is Rooney, but I was talking about why selling Welbeck the one who played better than any our attacker is bad.

I can't see anything in my post about "Rooney is bad". I hate when people start to discuss different thing.

The game. So, based on 1 game, you judge Welbeck the better player. Class.

I remember Simon Davies scoring a fantastic left footed volley in a 4-0 win at Old Trafford in the Champions League against Galatasaray. He's probably better than Rooney too.

We are talking about the two games. And are you going to deny that Welbeck played better than Rooney in those two games? He has been our best attackers in our games this season. Are you going to deny that he has been played better than any our attackers so far? Scoring goal doesn't mean you play better. I never Judge performance based on goals.

Sir Alex Ferguson would never make him our permanent captain anyway. And he said it before as well that Rooney would never be his permanent captain. A lot of people don't like the idea of him being captain as well. But there is no much option who can be the captain, RVP and Evans could be the captain choice but they are injury prone. And again will you want such a attitude to be our captain? I'm not saying he's bad either because I will drop Mata for him at the moment but Welbeck is currently perform way better than him. Was once? You meant Real Madrid? What about Spurs and other games?

Sorry who judge him to be bad? I only said Welbeck has been our best attacker this season and none should deny the fact that he played better than any our attackers this season. You are missing the point of the discussion. We are not talking about how bad is Rooney, but I was talking about why selling Welbeck the one who played better than any our attacker is bad.
I believe you're missing my point. Your point is that it is bad to sell our best attacker this season. My point is that form is temporary. Rooney is far superior to Welbeck. He always has been. RVP is also far superior, and Falcao is also clearly superior. Welbeck didn't want to stick around to try and oust them, and to me, that's understandable. We sold him because he wasn't going to play ahead of them, and he shouldn't. The guys are in bad form at the minute, but they'll be back. There are only hopes that Welbeck will ever reach the heights of Rooney, RVP, Mata, Falcao. We know for a fact that all of these have numerous seasons of playing at a top level. They are out of form at the minute, but they are some of the best players in the world. They'll be back. Claiming that we shouldn't sell Welbeck because they have had a couple of bad games is silly.

Do you genuinely believe that he is a better player than any of them?

I'm not too fussed about this from a purely footballing perspective. I feel sorry for Danny who clearly loves the club to bits and it is a shame for him. LVG is a very logical beast though and he has clearly just looked at each player and seen if they do the job specific to them. Danny is a striker (LVG asks players where they see themselves playing) who doesn't score enough goals (people always cite that he hasn't been played inhis preferred position but the managers who have managed him have seen him in training and haven't felt he was worthy of a run so we have to trust their judgement). I do believe we have 4 (with Wilson) options in that position who are better and more natural finishers. It's a shame that Danny never nailed down a specific position during his first team days. I always thought he would have been a cracking winger with his pace and power if he had worked on it hard over the last 3 years.

Well done on your research. What was the sample size of the matches you watched?

If you come here just to talk shit then better don't waste time.
You are going way way too far from the discussion. All I was saying is just replied someone why selling Welbeck was incorrect. And I posted that he played better than any our attackers so far, but you think he was not? Why would we sell the one who does the best or better than any our attackers without giving him enough chance. That's why I think it was incorrect decision to sell him.

If you come here just to talk shit then better don't waste time.
You are going way way too far from the discussion. All I was saying is just replied someone why selling Welbeck was incorrect. And I posted that he played better than any our attackers so far, but you think he was not? Why would we sell the one who does the best or better than any our attackers without giving him enough chance. That's why I think it was incorrect decision to sell him.

Firstly, you said that Welbeck's 10 mins was better than Rooney's 90 and hence we should have kept him. Don't expect people to overlook such cutting edge research.

Secondly, what makes you think we haven't given him enough chances? He is 24 for god's sake and has been at the club for far too long. You can't make excuses like "I have been played out of position" at a club of our size and ambitions. If you couldn't grab a starting spot under so many managers then maybe you are not good enough as a starter here and he didn't want to be a rotation option.

I believe you're missing my point. Your point is that it is bad to sell our best attacker this season. My point is that form is temporary. Rooney is far superior to Welbeck. He always has been. RVP is also far superior, and Falcao is also clearly superior. Welbeck didn't want to stick around to try and oust them, and to me, that's understandable. We sold him because he wasn't going to play ahead of them, and he shouldn't. The guys are in bad form at the minute, but they'll be back. There are only hopes that Welbeck will ever reach the heights of Rooney, RVP, Mata, Falcao. We know for a fact that all of these have numerous seasons of playing at a top level. They are out of form at the minute, but they are some of the best players in the world. They'll be back. Claiming that we shouldn't sell Welbeck because they have had a couple of bad games is silly.

Do you genuinely believe that he is a better player than any of them?

Me.. missing your point? :lol:

You were replying this post. So don't talk something else or start arguing different thing if your point of the discussion is different with my point which you quoted first time. And now you are starting to talk about Falcao, a player who hasn't play with us and also hasn't play in EPL yet.
I don't remember I said they had bad games. Just because Welbeck had better games doesn't mean they played bad. Selling Welbeck, a player who is so far the most our effective attackers and only got about 10 mins for his each league games which is not enough chance to prove the manager is incorrect.

Status
Not open for further replies.