Danny Welbeck | Arsenal player

Status
Not open for further replies.
SAF showed that he did think he was good enough by dropping Rooney for him at Madrid. Where he was our motm and only goalscorer.

When actually played up top he scores goals. He also made the team function better.

He's going to be missed. He's also going to make Arsenal better. This is a mistake, plain and simple.

How can he be missed if he's not going to get picked?

And if like to think we wouldn't keep a player just to prevent him going elsewhere. It's not fair on the player and not good for the club.

I don't understand why people are repeatedly ignoring the obvious - that Van Gaal didn't rate him and wasn't going to pick him regularly. And given the players we have up front it's obvious why that's the case.

References to Fergie are total nonsense - he's gone, Van Gaal makes the decisions and that's the way it should be. Even if it was relevant Fergie liked Welbeck's work rate but he spent money on RVP rather than make him a regular. Tells you all you need to know.

And if like to think we wouldn't keep a player just to prevent him going elsewhere. It's not fair on the player and not good for the club.

I don't understand why people are repeatedly ignoring the obvious - that Van Gaal didn't rate him and wasn't going to pick him regularly. And given the players we have up front it's obvious why that's the case.

References to Fergie are total nonsense - he's gone, Van Gaal makes the decisions and that's the way it should be. Even if it was relevant Fergie liked Welbeck's work rate but he spent money on RVP rather than make him a regular. Tells you all you need to know.
Sorry I forgot we're not allowed to have differing opinions to LVG.

The point in bold is the key. How can a player who is 3rd/4th choice and wants to leave, be missed? And how is it a mistake to sell such a player, to give chances to another young and promising player?

Sorry I thought we're allowed to have common sense around here.
Is this supposed to make a point?

All your first post did was offer up LVG's perceived opinion, this one offers up nothing. If you've not even got it in you to summon up your own thoughts on matters than perhaps leave those who can to get on with things.

Last 2 players who wore 23 at Arsenal:

10635879_593257947486408_4916560110383355330_n.png

It's all about the way they leave and act after, I agree. I hope Welbeck doesn't start talking shit, I doubt he would but stranger things have happened.

From the Arsenal fans I know, they seem pissed at Wenger about Fabregas going to Chelsea more than anything. Is that something others share?

I don't think Welbeck will, to be fair he had a good relationship with the club up until Fergie was there but since he left you can sense he wasn't entirely happy.

I think a lot of fans at the time were more pissed off that Fabregas joined Chelsea, if he had gone to say PSG I don't think as many would have been upset. While he is a brilliant player he wasn't what we needed. We needed a defensive midfield player and a striker more than we needed him. We simply don't have the money required to buy what we need and Fabregas. He would have taken either Ramsey or Ozil's place in the team and I'm quite happy with both of them tbh.

I'm hoping that Wilson is going to make us all say

"Danny Who?"

If you'd told me I had to sell one of Wilson or Welbeck this summer it'd have been Danny out the door no question. Especially having handed in a transfer request last season.

Wish him well when not playing against United but otherwise not bothered.

I know how some people in this thread feel.

It is like watching your ex get a new boyfriend. You knew that it wasn't working when you broke up and you would have been perfectly fine if she remained single for a while. But you cannot come to terms with the fact that she got over it so soon and started dating another one.

It's ridiculous how England have instantly started playing much much better.

Looked bright since he's come on, even ran at and beat a defender with pace which we've needed from him or other strikers. I can remember Sir Alex once saying that 'the only way is down, when you leave United' or something along those lines, there's only Ronaldo and Pogba that have made something of their careers since leaving, I think Danny will be another.

Sorry I forgot we're not allowed to have differing opinions to LVG.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but what I find bizarre is moaning without any real answers as to what the alternative was.

Rooney and RVP are clearly important players going forward. We then got the chance to sign a genuine world class player in Falcao.

This lad clearly wanted to be a regular - not on the bench or playing here and there so fair play to him. We couldn't offer him that so he moved on.

The only way to keep him happy is to not sign Falcao, and guarantee regular games. For me you can't do that given the level if proven quality players he is up against, all of whom have proven time and again they're top players.

Or - you keep an unhappy player and sit him on the bench which to me, is no good for anyone.

As regards the manager, I believe he has enough experience to be trusted to do what he needs to do going forward.

Don't think he ever had enough self-belief

Although I was having a dig at him, I've mentioned on here before that he has simply just never played with the aggression and desire that he should do.

He is relatively quick, he is relatively strong, he doesn't have the aggression and drive or self belief of a top level striker.

Looked bright since he's come on, even ran at and beat a defender with pace which we've needed from him or other strikers. I can remember Sir Alex once saying that 'the only way is down, when you leave United' or something along those lines, there's only Ronaldo and Pogba that have made something of their careers since leaving, I think Danny will be another.

Stam, RVN,Beckham all did well for themselves...

Forlan and Pique too.

The point in bold is the key. How can a player who is 3rd/4th choice and wants to leave, be missed? And how is it a mistake to sell such a player, to give chances to another young and promising player?

Spot on.

It's always a shame to lose a young player who's united through and through but is it better to stunt his development by keeping him in the reserves? That makes no sense financially or otherwise.

Even worse - you potentially block the progress if other young players coming through. He had a chance and couldn't quite nail down a place in his preferred position. I see no reason why he should prevent another young player from having that chance.

Yes because all the players who have left Arsenal get bad receptions right? The only ones Arsenal fans really dislike are Nasri & RvP.
Could a player move from Arsenal to United and get a good reception back at Arsenal. I highly doubt it. If Wilshere who loves Arsenal, left for us, I can't see you guys having much time for him. We still have a lot of time for Welbeck.

Could a player move from Arsenal to United and get a good reception back at Arsenal. I highly doubt it. If Wilshere who loves Arsenal, left for us, I can't see you guys having much time for him. We still have a lot of time for Welbeck.

We do have more class than Arsenal fans:angel:

No offence, but do you really think top 4 is good enough for United after spending 200m in 2 seasons (or is it more?). I think you guys are giving LvG a big pass if you think top 4 is good after spending so much. Anything less than PL win should be considered a failure IMO. You can't expect to spend 200m and fight for CL spot for a club of United's stature. If so many stars in one team doesn't win PL in a season when you have no CL headache, then I would say it's a big failure.

Don't be silly.

I think it has a lot to do with the circumstances behind the move.

If Arsenal signed Vidal and Modric, and Wilshere became a bit part player Arsenal fans may react in a different fashion.

Fergie rated him so highly he bought RVP rather than give Welbeck a run alongside Rooney.

Phelan is losing credibility with all the nonsense he's spouting - typical to bleat on about the past and the way things used to be done when you've been consigned to the past as well.

It's time to face facts - Fergie is gone and the great youth team products from '92 are gone as well. The club needs to trust someone else to take it forward.

Youth team players are great if they're good enough to warrant a place on merit, if not its best for everyone to move on - for the players and the club.

And he has been part of allot of the dross that has come through the door since 2009, diouf obertan bebe de laat butner young and so on, sold Ronaldo replaced him with Valencia, obvious fergie made the decisions. But I never saw a huge number of players coming through the academy, but apart from RVP, DDG Hernandez possibly jones and smalling, our signings under fergie and phelan have been garbage, and VG's overhaul is evident of this

He played a full match vs Mk Dons last week? He didnt show anything there that made me think "Yeah, he wants this"

Infact, Wilson came on and showed more that day. Im disappointed he has left but not because of talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.