Danny Welbeck | Arsenal player

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got bored... interesting comparison is looking at Rooneys stats when he plays as a Secondary Striker compared to his stats as a Center Forward. I should probably compare Rooney with Mata if I can be bothered.

I'm surprised at how low Hernandez' shots statistics were, also surprised at how high his Key Passes were.

13-14_united_strikers.jpg

No we could have. What we can do and what we do do is not the same. We could have signed Andy Carroll for 35m pounds. But that would be silly.
His Dad said he wanted Madrid, but went to Utd after turning down Liverpool, City, Arsenal

Just to let you all know, I'm reading the latest UWS here, and it says the following:

Fellaini, Nani, Anderson, Hernandez were top of LVG's list to be gotten rid of, and that Danny Welbeck might be shown the door also unless he "upped his game"

Read what you want into that

So he was shit in training.

His Dad said he wanted Madrid, but went to Utd after turning down Liverpool, City, Arsenal
Mendes and money.
He may well have still joined us even if all the offers were the same and his agent didn't have links to here, but still...

Pretty misleading title seeing as he said nothing of the sort.

Envisaged, dreamed. Not a big difference.

'It's great to be a part of this club and it's a team that I've always watched in the Premier League. I've envisaged myself playing in this team before. For it to finally happen is very exciting.'

Can't quite believe anyone would use a word like "envisaged" in a conversation, mind you.

Envisaged.

You guys are trying a lot harder than the Arsenal fans to prove this was a mistake.
It's not rocket science. We all know welbeck's qualities and how well he should fit into Arsenal's team. There's nothing to prove.

But i think most of the comments has a lot more to do with the fact that Welbeck is a youth product. We did the same when Pogba and Morrison went. And we'll do the same if James Wilson was to leave.

I got bored... interesting comparison is looking at Rooneys stats when he plays as a Secondary Striker compared to his stats as a Center Forward. I should probably compare Rooney with Mata if I can be bothered.

I'm surprised at how low Hernandez' shots statistics were, also surprised at how high his Key Passes were.

My oh my...Arsenal fans and their sats will have a field day with this.

I might sound heartless but I no longer care about how Danny gets on.

The club wanted to keep him and he could have challenged for a place up front alongside an unfit RVP and dire Rooney, but he chose to force through a permanent move to our top 4 rivals and reject our preference for him to go to Spurs on loan. I dont resent him for it but as far as I'm concerned he's just another player who plays for one of our rivals. The more underwhelming he is the better for us.

I hope for nothing but the best for the likes of Brown and O'Shea, but Welbeck is pretty much a Pogba to me (except he was actually given chances).

Just to let you all know, I'm reading the latest UWS here, and it says the following:

Fellaini, Nani, Anderson, Hernandez were top of LVG's list to be gotten rid of, and that Danny Welbeck might be shown the door also unless he "upped his game"

Read what you want into that

And people will do exactly that.

Find it very hard to believe an online fans forum has any meningful insight into Van Gaal's thinking regards his squad. I reckon there's members of the squad who are still a little in the dark about exactly where they stand in his pecking order. The whole UWS secret cabal smacks of your standard internet "ITK" bullshit artists.

This specific bit of info is particularly hard to believe with Welbeck being one of the best United players in pre-season and the team looking so much better with him on the pitch in every competitive game since.

And people will do exactly that.

Find it very hard to believe an online fans forum has any meningful insight into Van Gaal's thinking regards his squad. I reckon there's members of the squad who are still a little in the dark about exactly where they stand in his pecking order.

This specific bit of info is particularly hard to believe with Welbeck being one of the best United players in pre-season and the team looking so much better with him on the pitch in every competitive game since.

Ah I'm just throwing it out there.....More so for the "OH MY GOD OUR IDENTITY!!!" posters to read.

LVG clearly didn't like something about him though. Otherwise, he wouldn't have been sold. Who knows really?! Who cares?! He's gone

My oh my...Arsenal fans and their sats will have a field day with this.

It's interesting looking at it because it does debunk a few myths about certain players. Also it's even more baffling as to why David Moyes rushed RvP back every time he came back from injury last season. Yet another example of his poor management like we didn't already know. Crazy to see that Danny only had 4 shots less on target despite playing 500mins less.

I'm tempted to record stats for this season. Could prove interesting!

On the whole envisaged/dreamed thing, I reckon there isn't a striker in the PL who hasn't wondered what it would be like to play for Arsenal, due to their amazing ability to create and squander so many chances over the course of a season.
I am sure most of the players in PL wished/envisaged/dreamt in playing in Man ut'd sides who were winning PL medals constantly.

just propaganda from the club. if that were truly the case then I don't have much hope for LVG to do something radical other than just splash a lot of cash

Nope. This info was posted on the board in June.

The club wanted to keep him and he could have challenged for a place up front alongside an unfit RVP and dire Rooney, but he chose to force through a permanent move to our top 4 rivals and reject our preference for him to go to Spurs on loan. I dont resent him for it but as far as I'm concerned he's just another player who plays for one of our rivals. The more underwhelming he is the better for us.

I hope for nothing but the best for the likes of Brown and O'Shea, but Welbeck is pretty much a Pogba to me (except he was actually given chances).
Why challenge for a position you're extremely unlikely to get, when you can go to a club where you'll have a manager who wants you and four months of almost guaranteed playing time up front? He doesn't owe us anything. And why go on loan to Tottenham, who don't know whether their managers coming or going on a monthly basis. Plus loans suck.

And you don't think Brown or O'Shea would have gone to Arsenal if they were wanted there and weren't wanted here?

I do agree, though, that he's just another opposition player now. You support the team you play for, as footballer. He's not a United fan any more. When it comes to "squeaky bum" time, he certainly wont be a fan wanting us to win. So why want him to do well?

It's interesting looking at it because it does debunk a few myths about certain players. Also it's even more baffling as to why David Moyes rushed RvP back every time he came back from injury last season. Yet another example of his poor management like we didn't already know. Crazy to see that Danny only had 4 shots less on target despite playing 500mins less.

I'm tempted to record stats for this season. Could prove soul-crushing.

Fixed.

God help this place then when Danny scores his first for Arsenal.. many will be on suicide watch by looks of it.

who cares. For whatever reason, players come and go but the club is still here. Its much more interesting to see how LVG will use the players that he has.

Why challenge for a position you're extremely unlikely to get, when you go to a club where you have four months of almost guaranteed playing time up front? He doesn't owe us anything. Why go on loan to Tottenham, who don't know whether their managers coming or going on a monthly basis. Plus loans suck.

And you don't think Brown or O'Shea wouldn't have gone to Arsenal if they were wanted and weren't wanted here?

I do agree, though, that he's just another opposition player now. You support the team you play for, as footballer. He's not a United fan any more. When it comes to "squeaky bum" time, he certainly wont be a fan wanting us to win. So why want him to do well?

Wes Brown and Darren Fletcher were always on the fringes of the team early in their career, yet they both persisted and became starters in the team (granted Fletcher is a bit cack now). Welbeck is still only 23 and has had the chance to work under a world class manager renown for his work with youth, and with RVP and Rooney underwhelming so far, he could have once again proven himself. Yet he chose to bail and join Arsenal of all teams.

Those are really hard to interpret because at least half of them need to be adjusted for the big differences in minutes played.

They make a mockery of the widespread opinion on here that RvP was better than Rooney last season, mind you. Rooney was, statistically, a much better centre-forward than him.

I imagine a comparison of passes attempted/completed will make Rooney look even better still. Wouldn't be surprised if Welbeck looks particularly good from that perspective too.

Wes Brown and Darren Fletcher were always on the fringes of the team early in their career, yet they both persisted and became starters in the team (granted Fletcher is a bit cack now). Welbeck is still only 23 and has had the chance to work under a world class manager renown for his work with youth, and with RVP and Rooney underwhelming so far, he could have once again proven himself. Yet he chose to bail and join Arsenal of all teams.

But instead the manager decided to cut loose...maybe to let Adnan get more game time...maybe Wilson...maybe because Welbeck actually wanted game time...maybe because welbeck will never be a starter for us most likely and 16m and the chance to trim down a bloated squad made sense. Who cares...we've lost better and the club rolls on.

Status
Not open for further replies.