Danny Welbeck | Arsenal player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, some do. Footballers are people too and will react differently to being challenged. Some might become disillusioned, some will try too hard and thereby lose focus. Also you need to play in order to improve. That doesn't mean that their talent isn't worth nurturing. Isco has struggled since the arrival of Bale etc, would you so easily discard him too? I'm admittadly not old enough to talk about Veron and how his performances for us but from what I understand he was a major flop which probably helped Scholes in this example but either way Scholes was an exceptional talent.

Isco may very well turn out not to have the right mentality to be at a big club. As might several of our young players

I am also a little bit sad that he left us, but on the other hand, Welbeck gone, Wilson coming, I hate the talk about a identity loss or anything else. If we wouldn't have signed anyone, the media would slaughter us too.

And Welbeck is here completely overrated imo, I like him, but right now he is not even better than Giroud, who is dogshit according to some people here. Yeah he is young and can develope into a better player, but comments like he will be the new Henry are completely over the top. His finishing and decision making is still poor and it's not like he is 18 now, he should be much better now, if he want to be a top class striker. That said, he has also his stenghts and I would love to see him as squad player for us, but he wanted to leave, so that's it then.

This is such a short term decision thats going to come back to haunt us. Appalling stuff.

168618521-danny-welbeck-and-manager-sir-alex-ferguson-gettyimages.jpg

Oh ffs why I am still so emotional about this?

Well, I was frustrated with him as a player for United more than happy with him. Nice lad, but I don't think he'll be a huge success at the Arse. Let's face it, we were never going to win the league or Champions League with Danny as our main striker.

168618521-danny-welbeck-and-manager-sir-alex-ferguson-gettyimages.jpg

Oh ffs why I am still so emotional about this?

I know - it just feels wrong. I know all the logical arguments but, perfectly sensible though many are, they still don't make it seem right. And to Arsenal. To Wenger. Does LVG really discount Danny's ability so utterly that he's happy to see him at a rival club? He must do. But it's Danny - he of the first name because of being at the club since boyhood - the fairytale. It's like Cinderalla going off with the Prince's irritating, patronising mate! Where's our happy ending?

This is disgusting. I won't get over it. He will be absolutely fantastic for them.

He's not that good, you got a fair price and replaced him with a by far superior player. Some of you lot need to get over it.

Reactions: moses
He will be brilliant for Arsenal :(

while we are stuck with donkey's-touch Rooney, Crocked-full-time Van Persie, and Goes-to-the-highest-bidder Mercenary

Last edited:
He'll be brilliant at Arsenal. Given a chance to play upfront he will thrive. We will regret this one.

He'll be brilliant at Arsenal. Given a chance to play upfront he will thrive. We will regret this one.

To be fair I can't think of many player's United have 'WILLINGLY' sold that have improved for other clubs, & if Welbeck doesn't improve then he won't make it at Arsenal as CF.

He will be brilliant for Arsenal :(

while we are stuck with Rapist's-touch Rooney, Crocked-full-time Van Persie, and Goes-to-the-highest-bidder Mercenary

I would edit the touch bit as someone got banned a few weeks ago for that.

Some right drama queens in here, 'sick to my stomach', 'won't ever get over it'. I never knew Welbeck had this level of fanatical support, it's like teenage girls and One Direction.

I'd rather he didn't go myself but the lad wants a regular spot up front that he hasn't proven he can be trusted with here. Understandable that he wants to move and in that sense we've actually done right by him when we could have easily forced him to stay and accept a squad role. The worst part is that Arsenal were stuck with Sanogo if they didn't get Welbeck so we've helped them in the race for top 4. But oh well, shit happens. We should still make it if we get our ridiculous attacking talent ticking.

God help us if a really top youth player comes through and we somehow lose him.

yep, our play would be better

You'd be happy to sell Rooney, one of our standout players for the last few years because you think our play would be better with a squad player at best (a fan favorite and a local lad)? How did you ever survive Phil Neville's transfer to Everton for 2 Million odd?

You'd be happy to sell Rooney, one of our standout players for the last few years because you think our play would be better with a squad player at best (a fan favorite and a local lad)? How did you ever survive Phil Neville's transfer to Everton for 2 Million odd?
it is not really the same as phil. welbeck when given a chance up front has been quite good, and the only reason he hasn't been given a proper chance is because of Rooney and RvP's reputations

it is not really the same as phil. welbeck when given a chance up front has been quite good, and the only reason he hasn't been given a proper chance is because of Rooney and RvP's reputations

How is it not same as phil? Phil Neville played as a utility midfielder and played a major role (quite comically in some matches) in helping us win a few matches. He was moved on because of better players signing for United midfield. Welbeck has played a lot of minutes and he isn't prolific enough to lead the line unfortunately.

How is it not same as phil? Phil Neville played as a utility midfielder and played a major role (quite comically in some matches) in helping us win a few matches. He was moved on because of better players signing for United midfield. Welbeck has played a lot of minutes and he isn't prolific enough to lead the line unfortunately.
he was good enough when he actually got the opportunity to lead the line for a string of games.

Phil Neville was moved on because he wouldn't get chances because he isn't good enough. We lost Welbeck since the manager is scared to play the better because of reputation of the others

He is good enough to play for England. He will do a very good job for the gooners.
He will be our agent against the scousers,chavs and City.

That speaks more about the state of the England team than it does Welbeck's ability.

That speaks more about the state of the England team than it does Welbeck's ability.
no it doesn't. when it comes to all round play, there are few who can compete with him, even from England's past.

Shows the difference between United and Arsenal fans. He will get a good reception back at Old Trafford, could you imagine the reception a player would get if he moved from Arsenal to United.

Lallana, Sterling, Ox, Townsend, Barkley, Welbeck, Sturridge and Rooney are probably far better than some of the dross England has had over the last few years. The state of England squad is at its best from recent memory baring the defense and perhaps midfield.

no it doesn't. when it comes to all round play, there are few who can compete with him, even from England's past.

A great man once said-

The manager said the use of Welbeck in a variety of roles, including shutting down Xabi Alonso in the Champions League against Real Madrid, has not helped the 22-year-old's goal tally.

"Maybe he doesn't appreciate us moving him around in various positions and we've maybe overused that because he is young," Ferguson said. "But his value to the club is there because I know he can do a job for me in any of those positions.

"It's a fantastic asset when you have a player who is as adaptable as that."

How quickly we've forgotten everything this clubs success has been built on.

Everything? Really?

One of the primary reasons for Welbeck leaving was he was rarely if ever being played in his preferred position, and he (quite reasonably) wanted to. So yeah, maybe we have. Silly us.

Status
Not open for further replies.