Dan Ashworth - Garden ready | Back to football with United | use thread in United forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are catering to their fanbase and it's an added bonus if it annoys United fans. It's win-win for them. But yeah, no doubt the tweet is awfully salty.
Yea they can cater to their fans however they want, at the end of the day it's their business. I just wish United fans would stop posting that shite here.:lol:

Its like a jail for him at the moment. Why would any other top executives join Newcastle after this? Theyre not the end destination and should stop acting like one. They should know their role at the moments is similar to BvB, just a stepping stone for bigger clubs. Ronaldo would have called this slavery.

Its like a jail for him at the moment. Why would any other top executives join Newcastle after this? Theyre not the end destination and should stop acting like one. They should know their role at the moments is similar to BvB, just a stepping stone for bigger clubs. Ronaldo would have called this slavery.
:lol:

The Saudis are loaded and don't care about the miniscule amount they pay him as this saga continues. Ashworth is getting paid. The only losing party is us here, who won't have him in place for a long time.

If Dof job was as easy as giving 'some inputs' to Berrada and Wilcox while sitting at home, then why do we need this position in the first place.

The Saudis can be as loaded as they like. But they want to be seen as a big club and a big draw for their sportswashing goals.

Having this hang over them just makes them look petty and small time, and has already bitten them while trying to replace him Freedman.

You can’t say we’re the only losing party when they are literally losing their marquee backroom hire to us. As with the transfer and ownership bollocks - stop getting your opinions from tabloids trying to sensationalise United drama and use your own mind to think things through.

The DOF job as it pertains to what Ashworth does, is to create and then manage working structures among every department of the club, in such a way that they all work together in the most streamlined way possible - all geared towards sporting success. Reshaping every department is going to take time and planning - and eventually, a top operator in the middle, conducting everything.

For the time being, Ashworth can be involved in the planning, when his GL is over he will be the man in the middle. Berrada will have been well placed to see how an effective system worked at City, and Wilcox was performing a similar role to Ashworth at Southampton. Obviously we’d prefer to have him in the building straight way - but it isn’t a disaster worth wetting your pants about to wait a few months either.

‘No insider trading’ and ‘Not being a value add to a competitor while on gardening leave’ are just legal frameworks.

On my gardening leave I got paid by my old employer, but had daily contact with my new one. As long as I didn’t break confidentiality and infringe on my previous employers business, it was all good.

It’s nothing like as air gapped and black box as people think. Nor could it ever be.

If you don’t act in a way that violates your existing work contract, you’re good.

More than anything else, the golden rule is : don’t betray your previous employer. Your new employer shouldn’t expect it. They’d expect you to respect their confidentiality when you leave. If you didn’t, they wouldn’t want you.

He’ll be paid a golden handshake when he starts (for services rendered). If he has a professional backbone he won’t break confidences and confidentiality clauses. But he’ll engage with Radcliffe and others in all the ways that he can.

These things are performative and limiting. But in both directions they’re not handcuffs.

I had a team member leave for a competitor and was put on gardening leave. We had a weekly dialogue that only really amounted to; “Don’t be a prick or you will get sued”.

It’s really no drama.

What do you mean? How is it? Compensation has to be agreed. If it can't he has to serve gardening leave. Gardening leave is quite normal, many people do it.
Yes. But never to the terms that Newcastle demand. Hence they went to court

I hope that we stick to our guns. Paying 15m for a staff member sets a very dangerous precedent in an era where we need to reduce prices. Newcastle - small club trying to act big.

Super rich person signs a contract with his employer. Along with really high pay, he has secured a guaranteed 18 months of that really high pay for doing nothing if the employment ceases, but on the condition that he can't do similar work for others in the industry without agreement.

Pretty sure jail is a bit different. If other people don't want 18 months of gardening leave, then my big brain advice would be to not sign a contract with 18 months of gardening leave. People in jail or prison usually don't have that option.

Super rich person signs a contract with his employer. Along with really high pay, he has secured a guaranteed 18 months of that really high pay for doing nothing if the employment ceases, but on the condition that he can't do similar work for others in the industry without agreement.

Pretty sure jail is a bit different. If other people don't want 18 months of gardening leave, then my big brain advice would be to not sign a contract with 18 months of gardening leave. People in jail or prison usually don't have that option.
Why are you saying that he’s super rich?

No serious people in the industry are going to go to Newcastle in the future.
I can never tell with posts like this whether the person actually believes it or it’s just a bit of point scoring. Obviously, Newcastle, a rich, state-owned project, with a strong history, massive fanbase and a very solid place in the PL, won’t find it difficult to attract serious people in the industry.

So the talk of a tribunal to settle this is complete bs? Poor planning in my view, should have forseen this after initial talks with Newcastle

So the talk of a tribunal to settle this is complete bs? Poor planning in my view, should have forseen this after initial talks with Newcastle

It wasn’t a tribunal. It was arbitration.

Ashworth asked for both parties to sit with an arbitrator to find a resolution, but Newcastle were under no obligation to agree to it.

Because he's earning around £30k per week while tending his garden, the same when he worked for Newcastle, and probably did pretty well in earlier jobs.
That’s not super rich, it will be taxed to bits. Admittedly it’s better than I get but still, i didn’t see the relevance to your point

Yes. But never to the terms that Newcastle demand. Hence they went to court
Actually it is to the terms that Newcastle demand. It's in his contract which he signed.

He want to court because he tried to fight on a technicality, that he was fired and did not resign.

That’s not super rich, it will be taxed to bits. Admittedly it’s better than I get but still, i didn’t see the relevance to your point

He is going to make more than £2m while doing nothing. He is super rich.

I don't know what sort of lifestyle Redcafe staff lives, because this has seemingly become a trend, but multimillionaires are super rich.

I don't know what sort of lifestyle Redcafe staff lives, because this has seemingly become a trend, but multimillionaires are super rich.

Niall pays them handsomely.

He’s certainly very wealthy, but I doubt he’s a multimillionaire. A salary of £1.5m in the UK would give you what - around £800k take home? Great money, but not multimillionaire money unless you have other incomes.

I can never tell with posts like this whether the person actually believes it or it’s just a bit of point scoring. Obviously, Newcastle, a rich, state-owned project, with a strong history, massive fanbase and a very solid place in the PL, won’t find it difficult to attract serious people in the industry.

With serious people I mean the best. And no, they will hesitate to join them. At least for now.

He’s certainly very wealthy, but I doubt he’s a multimillionaire. A salary of £1.5m in the UK would give you what - around £800k take home? Great money, but not multimillionaire money unless you have other incomes.

He didn't start from 0. He is a guy in his 50s who has had a very healthy salary since he started working, and has been earning more than 1m per year for a while. He's a multimillionaire.

You have to be crazy if you don't think Ashworth is already helping make some decisions at Man Utd behind the scenes. He doesnt have to physically be there to have his input.

If it was up to me I wouldnt give Newcastle a penny at this point, let them keep paying his wages until he can offically leave then we get him for free.

Use that extra money for our transfer budget.

The pressure on this guy when he actually gets going will be unreal.

He didn't start from 0. He is a guy in his 50s who has had a very healthy salary since he started working, and has been earning more than 1m per year for a while. He's a multimillionaire.

He reportedly doubled his wage when he left Brighton for Newcastle. So that £750k a year would’ve been take home pay of around £400k. Before he was at Brighton, he was with the FA who I doubt were paying him more than £200k at the absolute most.

He’ll have a lovely house and a nice lifestyle, but I very much doubt he’s a multimillionaire.

You have to be crazy if you don't think Ashworth is already helping make some decisions at Man Utd behind the scenes. He doesnt have to physically be there to have his input.

If it was up to me I wouldnt give Newcastle a penny at this point, let them keep paying his wages until he can offically leave then we get him for free.

Use that extra money for our transfer budget.
He's still a Newcastle employee. Is he even legally allowed to be helping United at the moment?

How bad with money do you think he'd need to be to not have £2m with the salary he's had the last few years? Not to mention whatever he did for the other 30 years of his working life?

Had a quick google. £4m estimation apparently.

He reportedly doubled his wage when he left Brighton for Newcastle. So that £750k a year would’ve been take home pay of around £400k. Before he was at Brighton, he was with the FA who I doubt were paying him more than £200k at the absolute most.

He’ll have a lovely house and a nice lifestyle, but I very much doubt he’s a multimillionaire.

Why do you keep talking about take home pay as if financially astute people pay standard PAYE like us small people do?
Even the little people can put 60k a year into a pension to trim their tax loss. Imagine what other stuff a high flyer like him can do,

Unless he's really dumb, I disagree. Stock market returns have been north of 10 % per year his whole professional life, and the UK housing market is booming. If he doesn't have several millions in assets by now, his nose better have no septum left.

Dan Ashworth: "I am a slave".

Also Dan Ashworth:

wiping-my-tears-tears.gif

I hope we don't bow down to their stupid demands.

Also might send a small message in transfer market that our days of " doing things other teams can only dream of" are over.

Newcastle maybe right in their stance but they are looking like massive helmets here for their future DoF appointments.

Assuming he really is a vital component of our future set up and how it operates one might lean towards paying up to what the Saudi's are demanding, sure it'll be a hard pill to swallow and we might want to get one over them and such but is it really worth scuppering some of the most vital transfers windows for the future of this club?

Just a horrible situation all over.

We are going to end up paying them relatively big money either way but he’s not going to be able to work here during this window whatever we pay so we may as well relax on this one. Newcastle won’t allow him to compete with them this summer and they’ll get that. They are fully acrimonious super loaded and he’s under a long contract

The Saudis can be as loaded as they like. But they want to be seen as a big club and a big draw for their sportswashing goals.

Having this hang over them just makes them look petty and small time, and has already bitten them while trying to replace him Freedman.

You can’t say we’re the only losing party when they are literally losing their marquee backroom hire to us. As with the transfer and ownership bollocks - stop getting your opinions from tabloids trying to sensationalise United drama and use your own mind to think things through.

The DOF job as it pertains to what Ashworth does, is to create and then manage working structures among every department of the club, in such a way that they all work together in the most streamlined way possible - all geared towards sporting success. Reshaping every department is going to take time and planning - and eventually, a top operator in the middle, conducting everything.

For the time being, Ashworth can be involved in the planning, when his GL is over he will be the man in the middle. Berrada will have been well placed to see how an effective system worked at City, and Wilcox was performing a similar role to Ashworth at Southampton. Obviously we’d prefer to have him in the building straight way - but it isn’t a disaster worth wetting your pants about to wait a few months either.
I think it’s the opposite. It gives message than they can’t be fecked around.

i wish we did this to Kenyon long time ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.