Dan Ashworth - Garden ready | Back to football with United | use thread in United forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s the best in the business as evaluated by INEOS. So you wait a little to get your man. Only outright idiots will expect instant success within a year. Not happening. It will take 2-3 years to right the ship. Anyone saying otherwise is clueless.
Does ETH get the same 2-3 years? As they've said the structure needs to be in place to give any manager a chance

If a company can still running without a certain position properly filled up for a year long, it usually indicates that position isn’t seen that important.

Last edited:
Very happy that the club isn’t bending to ridiculous demands. Wait out bis gardening period. feck it

I read about 90% of the Dan Ashforth thread on the Newcastle forum, and I must say, I'm baffled at their joy that he won't start for us likely until March 2025.

What they seem not to be able to grasp is that:
  • They will pay his full salary
  • He won't do the work he has been paid for, requiring more obligations to be taken by the coach
  • It never ends well when the coach is also doing the transfers as well, see Klopp's mistakes with Darwin and Sloboslai, 170m down the drain, Ten Hag mistake with Anthony. It's emotionally draining, not allowing you to focus on thr primary job, which is coaching
  • Nobody will be willing to accept such a long gardening leave when accepting their job offer
  • Makes them look petulant to ask for an extortionate fee, unheard in world football, again, affecting who they can hire next
I know they have this one sided rivalry with us, but dear me.

I read about 90% of the Dan Ashforth thread on the Newcastle forum, and I must say, I'm baffled at their joy that he won't start for us likely until March 2025.

• He won't do the work he has been paid for, requiring more obligations to be taken by the coach
  • It never ends well when the coach is also doing the transfers as well, see Klopp's mistakes with Darwin and Sloboslai, 170m down the drain, Ten Hag mistake with Anthony. It's emotionally draining, not allowing you to focus on thr primary job, which is coaching
  • Nobody will be willing to accept such a long gardening leave when accepting their job offer
  • Makes them look petulant to ask for an extortionate fee, unheard in world football, again, affecting who they can hire next
Its strange that dougie freedman turning them down didnt make these points register with them.

If a company can still running without a certain position properly filled up for a year long, it usually indicates that position isn’t seen that important.

Well we’ve been running without a director of football for over a decade, does that mean we don’t need one?

Newcastle hold the cards here and they aren't obligated to be doing anyone any favours. If Ashworth doesn't like it, he shouldn't have signed the contract. On United's side, it's pay up or shut up and wait. Newcastle have infinite money, so they can afford to keep him on and sabotage a direct rival in the process. And it's not like they are paying for two DoFs since they don't have anyone hired yet, which also means the rest of the club will have to pick up the slack anyway, Ashworth or not. In other words, if they let him go now their rival will have a DoF for the transfer window, but they still won't and someone like Howe will still have to do it. It is likely they will release him shortly after they find their man. Probably after the summer, or start of next year.

Its strange that dougie freedman turning them down didnt make these points register with them.

I live in the North East and I'm surrounded by Toon fans. Great people, but when it comes to their football club, most of them have their heads up their arses. One guy - who I assumed to be quite intelligent - genuinely argued they were owned by a private individual. They're so desperate for success, they've sold their morals - and their sense it would seem - down the river.

Newcastle hold the cards here and they aren't obligated to be doing anyone any favours. If Ashworth doesn't like it, he shouldn't have signed the contract. On United's side, it's pay up or shut up and wait. Newcastle have infinite money, so they can afford to keep him on and sabotage a direct rival in the process. And it's not like they are paying for two DoFs since they don't have anyone hired yet, which also means the rest of the club will have to pick up the slack anyway, Ashworth or not. In other words, if they let him go now their rival will have a DoF for the transfer window, but they still won't and someone like Howe will still have to do it. It is likely they will release him shortly after they find their man. Probably after the summer, or start of next year.

He'll be working remotely.

He'll be working remotely.

If that is taking place and to what extent is pure conjecture and wishful thinking. Even if it is, I severely doubt it's firing on all cylinders, or there wouldn't be such a fuss about it. Besides, it carries significant risk as well because Newcastle would be inclined to look out for it, and it would appear Ashworth isn't exactly a master of subtlety.

Does ETH get the same 2-3 years? As they've said the structure needs to be in place to give any manager a chance

If he does his job properly. The structure needs to be in place for us to properly build for things like title races. I don't think it needs to be in place for us to have a decent style of play and to be a good - not great - team.

Well we’ve been running without a director of football for over a decade, does that mean we don’t need one?

Exactly. Thought that the new regime wants to make things better, instead of mimicking the failed one.
DoF is an important position that shouldn't be left vacuum or filled out by incompetent person for a year long.

Last edited:
Exactly. Thought that the new regime wants to make things better, instead of mimicking the failed one.

Which is why they’re hiring Ashworth as they deem him to be the best man for the job. It’s Newcastle who are acting like children and throwing their toys out of their pram.

Which is why they’re hiring Ashworth as they deem him to be the best man for the job. It’s Newcastle who are acting like children and throwing their toys out of their pram.
We're hiring no DoF since Feb. and prepare to wait until 2025.

We’ve also hired other football people in Berrada and Wilcox who are deemed to be capable of covering Ashworth’s duties while he’s on gardening leave. Hence why we’re happy to wait this out.
True. It seems like it's good enough for Ineos so far.

If that is taking place and to what extent is pure conjecture and wishful thinking. Even if it is, I severely doubt it's firing on all cylinders, or there wouldn't be such a fuss about it. Besides, it carries significant risk as well because Newcastle would be inclined to look out for it, and it would appear Ashworth isn't exactly a master of subtlety.

He should be fine as long as he isn't doing any of it by e-mail.

He'll have to be in the office with the rest, come on now.

Zoom virtual office.

Newcastle still behaving like a pathetic tin pot club

Don't see the issue. He has gardening leave and hel serve it if Newcastle choose not to accept our level of compensation.

He can't make huge strides now anyway, and he doesn't get involved in transfers so I'm less bothered about making it for windows.

Newcastle still behaving like a pathetic tin pot club

Please stop posting tweets from no mark twitter fan accounts who uses words like cashworth and theater of streams. What's they're saying is not even any news from any credible sources.

Don't see the issue. He has gardening leave and hel serve it if Newcastle choose not to accept our level of compensation.

He can't make huge strides now anyway, and he doesn't get involved in transfers so I'm less bothered about making it for windows.
It is completely against common practice and unreasonable to demand such a high compensation including add ons

We used to have long running player sagas but now we have got a saga for a management appointment too. We really know how to outdo ourselves. Kudos to everyone.

This Ashworth better be the best thing since sliced bread.

I’m fine with him seeing out his leave. He’ll have input and conversations with our management team as we put new systems and structures in place. Berrada and Wilcox can oversee day to day stuff for the time being, and the new organisational setup is going to take time to bed in anyway.

By the time he gets feet on the ground inside the club, we should be in a position to really start moving.

Newcastle will have spent a year paying a guy who doesn’t want to work for them, not to work for them, and we’ll have shown the days of paying stupid money in a panic are behind us.

Please stop posting tweets from no mark twitter fan accounts who uses words like cashworth and theater of streams. What's they're saying is not even any news from any credible sources.

Let's be honest, theatre of streams is not a bad pun.:lol:

I’m fine with him seeing out his leave. He’ll have input and conversations with our management team as we put new systems and structures in place. Berrada and Wilcox can oversee day to day stuff for the time being, and the new organisational setup is going to take time to bed in anyway.

By the time he gets feet on the ground inside the club, we should be in a position to really start moving.

Newcastle will have spent a year paying a guy who doesn’t want to work for them, not to work for them, and we’ll have shown the days of paying stupid money in a panic are behind us.

The Saudis are loaded and don't care about the miniscule amount they pay him as this saga continues. Ashworth is getting paid. The only losing party is us here, who won't have him in place for a long time.

If Dof job was as easy as giving 'some inputs' to Berrada and Wilcox while sitting at home, then why do we need this position in the first place.

It is completely against common practice and unreasonable to demand such a high compensation including add ons
What do you mean? How is it? Compensation has to be agreed. If it can't he has to serve gardening leave. Gardening leave is quite normal, many people do it.

Let's be honest, theatre of streams is not a bad pun.:lol:
It doesn't matter. If they want to resort to immature insults to report something then they aren't worth anyone's time. :lol:

You don't see any of the popular United aggregator accounts using those words. It's a poor choice of words and make it seem like the account is run by children.

It doesn't matter. If they want to resort to immature insults to report something then they aren't worth anyone's time. :lol:

You don't see any of the popular United aggregator accounts using those words. It's a poor choice of words and make it seem like the account is run by children.

They are catering to their fanbase and it's an added bonus if it annoys United fans. It's win-win for them. But yeah, no doubt the tweet is awfully salty.

Status
Not open for further replies.