Dan Ashworth - Garden ready | Back to football with United | use thread in United forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did his arbitration hearing go? I'm guessing not well

Do we even need him this summer now?

I'm sure he's in the loop and advising anyway, even if it's been done by carrier pigeon.

You’d think these slave lords wouldn’t hold a high profile employee to ransom after a report came out in the athletic today that their sponsors are using forced labor.

Yeah he's clearly not going to be involved with our transfer window so there is absolutely no point in bowing to Newcastle's demands. We'll get him eventually.

There is a lot of moaning about Newcastle in here but was it not entirely predictable Newcastle would make this difficult. It also seeks like ratcliffes somewhat arrogant behaviour may have worsened the situation.

If we wanted someone in place anytime soon we should have looked at an alternative option

Ffs just give em 8 or 9 million and get him in. Apparently we can't work as we want to without him so it's obviously costing us in some form.

Apparently according to whom?

Themself, in whatever fantasy misery land they’ve created.
It’s been reported a few times that things like the recruitment won’t be in place the until he’s in place

I find your comment really weird. Why would you think we can work as we want without a sporting director in place?

When does he join then if we don’t get him this summer? Is it a year gardening leave so next summer?

Seriously? That’s a really dangerous precedent to set.
Ye it is considering we’re trying to get away from all the bad negotiation we’ve done in the last few years. We’re now trying to show teams that we won’t be mugged of.

It’s been reported a few times that things like the recruitment won’t be in place the until he’s in place

I find your comment really weird. Why would you think we can work as we want without a sporting director in place?

Yeah we definitely can't so expecting chaotic window, just hope this will be last time it happens

Seriously? That’s a really dangerous precedent to set.

It's the best case scenario for both sides. If Ashworth can come in, close out a couple of deals for 5m less than what we would have paid over the next season or sell our project to a world class potential, it'd have paid off already.

There is a lot of moaning about Newcastle in here but was it not entirely predictable Newcastle would make this difficult. It also seeks like ratcliffes somewhat arrogant behaviour may have worsened the situation.

If we wanted someone in place anytime soon we should have looked at an alternative option

I want us to be arrogant towards them

It's the best case scenario for both sides. If Ashworth can come in, close out a couple of deals for 5m less than what we would have paid over the next season or sell our project to a world class potential, it'd have paid off already.
Rushing a DOF through the door by overpaying for him is not a good idea.

No DOF is worth 15million. Tae feck is this shit?
Ashworth must be livid.

Ashworth, and most likely other DoF candidates that Newcastle are looking at. No wonder they haven't been able to sign or even announce a replacement DoF.

Essentially, in order to stiff us, Newcastle are entering the summer season without a DoF themselves.

Wilcox was DoF at Soton. He’s more than capable of filling in while the Geordies have their strip. Nothing to say he can’t do those deals at the same price Ashworth would.

Status
Not open for further replies.