Copa America 2015 | Tournament over, Eboue misses the final, everyone lols

Do these players actually think they're doing legit tackles here? Martinez on Mascherano there was just stupid. Footballers can be fecking idiots sometimes.

And that's not a yellow? Could've been a leg breaker that.

Of course not. Who would have control over this game. Either you give everyone a foul or you play on. People are cynical and trying to con him at every turn. He's done well. Could have given Argies a penalty but his call not to has been consistent with the rest of the game.

He's just carding players and not actually talking to them sometimes. No explanation, just stares at the player while waving a yellow in front of them.

That's not going to calm players down.

finally some proper football! Loving the ref, fantastic criteria!

He's just carding players and not actually talking to them sometimes. No explanation, just stares at the player while waving a yellow in front of them.

they know the rules. they don't need them to be explained to them.

its the manager and captain job to calm down their own players.

hopefully Pekerman have a good pep talk prepared to up their game. In previous games, Argentina has been better in the first half also and decay to the end of the game... anything can happen.

This is the real football, few interruption by the referee + a lot of dirty and hard tackles.

Why always talk to players? Like they don't know when they've done something wrong. By talking to them you're only letting them argue. I'm all in favor of the "shut up and get away" approach. Hate it when refs talk to players because it does absolutely nothing. I don't know if you play or played football yourself but personally I know from experience.

Wait, so colombia is clearly inferior to Argentina technically and yet the colombia coach somehow think its a good idea to have only 2 midfielders on the pitch? I swear some of these teams would be better off without anyone in charge.

Even though he's missed a couple of chances Messi's been the best outfield player on the pitch. The way he drops his shoulder and just effortlessly weaves in and out of the Colombia midfield and defence is sublime.

Pekerman took a gample by playing James in midfield, but it hasn't worked well for them as Messi cutting inside has caused Argentina lots of problems. With a 2nd defensive midfielder on for Teo, Colombia have lost all control of the match now. James, Jackson, and Cuadrado aren't getting the ball in attacking positions, and Ibarbo is doing a great job in the Welbeck role at the moment.

di Maria looks very confident out on the left for Argentina after Zuniga and Cuadrado initially did a good job at stopping him. Rojo's also been good on both ends of the pitch, and with Colombia's defence sitting deep with the team congesting the middle, di Maria has lots of space to receive the ball, stretch Colombia, and put in dangerous deliveries from the left. Pastore, as well, has done a good job on the ball, maintaining possession very well and moving the ball about well. This is the Pastore that was making an impression at Palermo, and he's done a good job relieving the pressure from Messi. All Argentina need to do is capitalise on their chances now, but since they're facing the team that conceded only 1 goal in this tournament, so it won't be easy for them.

Still, though, I think Argentina will eventually win given how poor Colombia have been on the counter.

they know the rules. they don't need them to be explained to them.

its the manager and captain job to calm down their own players.

hopefully Pekerman have a good pep talk prepared to up their game. In previous games, Argentina has been better in the first half also and decay to the end of the game... anything can happen.
Why always talk to players? Like they don't know when they've done something wrong. By talking to them you're only letting them argue. I'm all in favor of the "shut up and get away" approach. Hate it when refs talk to players because it does absolutely nothing. I don't know if you play or played football yourself but personally I know from experience.

Well when it looks as if the player is asking the referee "What was that for?" and the referee just brandishes a yellow without explaining, that would irritate the feck out of me (as it has done when I play football Snow). If the player is trying to argue out of getting one, then I agree - feck them.

Sure the players should know better, but the referee is letting fouls go and then calls normal tackles as fouls. Being totally inconsistent at times. How can these players know what's deemed a foul for this referee when he keeps changing the fresh-hold?

Tata Martino is so whingey. Hope the refs send him off