Cole Palmer | Chelsea Player

Absolutely unfathomable that this guy was sitting on the bench for basically the whole Euros. Well played England.

Chelsea robbed us. They owe us another £105m at least.

Did he even play a full half of football at the Euros? Southgate is a literal terrorist

He’s the most exceptional by the basics footballer I’ve seen in a long time.

He’s not yet at that level, but he reminds me of Kaka. Just quietly does absolutely everything in the most natural way imaginable. He takes penalties, dribbles, passes, and quietly goes about defensive work with zero fanfare. And scores plenty of course.

Kaka did it with flowing black locks and an athletic frame. Palmer looks like a crack addict that needs a good meal. But they’re very similar footballers in terms of applied talent.

Spurs refused to deal with us for Modric after we'd agreed a deal with the player.
Aren't clubs supposed to agree terms with the club first, and then talk to the player? The other way around would be tapping up and I don't blame the owning club for being pissed about it (like with Liverpool and Southampton over Van Dijk).

Seems like a big blemish from Pep. They spent double the money on Grealish when they had twice the player within their ranks.

Aren't clubs supposed to agree terms with the club first, and then talk to the player? The other way around would be tapping up and I don't blame the owning club for being pissed about it (like with Liverpool and Southampton over Van Dijk).

Tapping up is a misnomer.

It’s always;

1. Club talks to agent
2. Agent talks to player
3. Player responds
4. Club talks to club

We talk about tapping up, but it’s rare for a club to try and buy a player that hasn’t indicated he’d like to move.

Save for a club in financial trouble that will just accept a bid and pitch it to the player afterwards. ie the player doesn’t want to move, but the club wants the money.

In the real world, no club has put an offer in for a player in the past 20 years without getting the go-ahead from the player (via their agents or an intermediary) first.

Could we? I very much doubt City would have sold to us.

They sold him for what? £40m. Pep is also pretty well known for not standing in a player’s way. If we had offered the £60m package we did Mount for him, I reckon they would’ve taken it.

To be fair, summer before last hardly anybody would’ve predicted this meteoric rise for him, and Mount was the bigger name, but profile wise he’s a better fit for us.

I think people need to rewrite history to make him come here by a lot. I'd argue we were closer to Haaland and Bellingham than him. If you change the past enough we'd have had Sterling and Foden too.

I'm not sure how we let Endrick go to Madrid when his hero is Bobby Charlton.

He will be better than Foden and Saka(if he isn't already). He has ice in his veins.

Tapping up is a misnomer.

It’s always;

1. Club talks to agent
2. Agent talks to player
3. Player responds
4. Club talks to club

We talk about tapping up, but it’s rare for a club to try and buy a player that hasn’t indicated he’d like to move.

Save for a club in financial trouble that will just accept a bid and pitch it to the player afterwards. ie the player doesn’t want to move, but the club wants the money.
Step 1 is against the rules. The buying club or any of its representatives are not allowed to talk to the player or any of his representatives (like his agent). That's why "tapping up" happens. The buying club engages a third party (typically a lawyer) to relay communication between buying club and player's representatives unofficially to avoid being sanctioned.

Missed two sitters. Needs to be better.

Scary thing about today is that he could’ve scored 2 more goals that were sitters for him and had about 3 assists. He was outrageous today.

Crazy to me that City casually had this level of player in and around the reserves/first team before selling him. Ridiculous to be honest.

Crazy to me that City casually had this level of player in and around the reserves/first team before selling him. Ridiculous to be honest.
I think now Guardiola regrets seling him. He's world class at this point. Best midfielder in the leegue last seson.