Cole Palmer | Chelsea Player

Why would he leave us for a worse team? Because he was a boyhood United fan?

Reading this thread and others you’d think Chelsea finished 13th last season and United finished 3rd. We finished above you last season and I think we’ll finish above you again. Why would our best player just decide “yeah, I want to leave now?”

United are and always will be a bigger club than Chelsea.

Dont think he would want to leave. Plus we are currently not much better than them. Also Chelsea will just slap a silly price tag on him, he has a long contract. Would just be time wasted
If he knows we’re after him though his head will surely turn. Grew up a fan. Still think it’s silly we didn’t try and sign him from city. They obviously didn’t rate him.

Reading this thread and others you’d think Chelsea finished 13th last season and United finished 3rd. We finished above you last season and I think we’ll finish above you again. Why would our best player just decide “yeah, I want to leave now?”
The teams are fairly even and they are only even because of how good Cole Palmer is. We'd be miles ahead if he made the switch.

Much bigger club, who he grew up supporting is an added bonus. If our new ownership model can prove its worth next year or 2 I can see it happening. Hopefully Chelsea owners continue with their approach too.

Can see Palmer wanting a move in a couple of years. Can't see it being to Man Utd.

Then again I probably would've said the same thing about Mount a couple of years ago so you never know.

We’re a much bigger team than you… we’ve signed from you before, players like Mata who was one of your best back then. Anyone that thinks we’re a worse team than you lot need their heads examining. We don’t sign 50 players for each position. In the past 5 years you’ve finished above us like twice. You won’t finish above us this season and I’ll come back to you in may when I’m right.

The teams are fairly even and they are only even because of how good Cole Palmer is. We'd be miles ahead if he made the switch.

Much bigger club, who he grew up supporting is an added bonus. If our new ownership model can prove its worth next year or 2 I can see it happening. Hopefully Chelsea owners continue with their approach too.
I think the only United player I’d personally take in the Chelsea XI is Lisandro. Where you get this idea that your squad is superior is hilarious to me.

We’re a much bigger team than you… we’ve signed from you before, players like Mata who was one of your best back then. Anyone that thinks we’re a worse team than you lot need their heads examining. We don’t sign 50 players for each position. In the past 5 years you’ve finished above us like twice. You won’t finish above us this season and I’ll come back to you in may when I’m right.

You're a much bigger team of course but you're also shite. Are you a bit less shite than Chelsea? Sure but you're still shite.

If Palmer goes anywhere, it'll be to one of the sides challenging for the Champions League trophy, not a sentimental move to another side who struggle to make top 4.

Anyway, this is a very boring topic now. I’d much rather talk about Palmer’s performances than engage in United fans unrealistic fan fictions about Palmer moving to United.

He could well be the biggest English talent. I think he's a more complete player than Bellingham and Foden IMO.

If Cole Palmer turns crap then he'll probably end up at United just like our other duds did.

You’re a much bigger club historically and in the minds of supporters. To the modern young player I doubt they view Chelsea and United any differently in terms of levels and prestige.

And yes, we have sold players to you in the past. Players we no longer wanted or needed. It’s not like you came and bullied us out of our best players against our desire to keep them. And how have those players worked out for you?

Anyway, this is a very boring topic now. I’d much rather talk about Palmer’s performances than engage in United fans unrealistic fan fictions about Palmer moving to United.

I mean it’s a forum to discuss these things surely? What you feel is unrealistic fan fiction clearly isn’t to others.

He's a sensational player, just has that "it" factor and football IQ, the kind of player you could just follow for an entire game and not get bored at all. It was madness that he wasn't featured more in the Euros as he has more positional flexibility and better versitality than the likes of Bellingham, Foden, ... who were shoestrung into the starting XI.

Chelsea would've been nowhere without him last season and seems like he isn't going nowhere this season either. For some reason I think he fares better in a team like this Chelsea where he can free flow a bit, instead of following strict orders from Pep at City.

You’re a much bigger club historically and in the minds of supporters. To the modern young player I doubt they view Chelsea and United any differently in terms of levels and prestige.
And that’s where you’re already wrong

I mean it’s a forum to discuss these things surely? What you feel is unrealistic fan fiction clearly isn’t to others.
It's the football forum, not the transfer forum. And he isn't going to United nor are there are rumours about that at the moment, so go daydreaming somewhere else.

I mean feel free to go to The Shed End or Goonermania (or whatever you call your fan forums…)

If not….

Deal with it :D

I do deal with it my friend, as long as you guys deal with us not agreeing with the assessments from time to time. ;)

It's the football forum, not the transfer forum. And he isn't going to United nor are there are rumours about that at the moment, so go daydreaming somewhere else.
I’ve not done any daydreaming. I’ve simply pointed out that it’s naive to think a player on a 9 year contract is wedded to that club.

Why you being so weird?

Oh so you're a modern young player yourself?

God I forgot what an awful infuriating *posts you make :lol:
I’m assuming TheReligion has replied to my posts multiple times? Guess he hasn’t figured out yet that I’ve had him blocked for years and am not seeing them.

Oh so you're a modern young player yourself?

God I forgot what an awful infuriating *posts you make :lol:

I’ve also forgot how poor and misinformed your posts are.

Try looking at what United have been doing at youth level in terms of success and building.

Also look up Leny Yoro.

If Cole Palmer turns crap then he'll probably end up at United just like our other duds did.
Mata and Matic did alright for us thanks, too bad we surrounded them with mostly shite players.

I’m assuming TheReligion has replied to my posts multiple times? Guess he hasn’t figured out yet that I’ve had him blocked for years and am not seeing them.
inbetweeners-ooo.gif

I’ve not done any daydreaming. I’ve simply pointed out that it’s naive to think a player on a 9 year contract is wedded to that club.

Why you being so weird?
That's not "simply what you pointed out". You cannot stop including United into things:

So you don’t think it’s possible that Palmer ever plays for United?
United fans will suggest it as a possibility as it would seem that Palmer has been/still is a United fan, as is his family. I think it’s also fair to say United are a bigger club than Chelsea.
So no, you were not simply pointing out that he might leave even though he has that long contract, you are continually insinuating that Palmer might opt to join United in the future, citing (disputable) arguments in the process. It's only fair that you're being called out on them, because it basically comes down to this at the moment:

duffer said:
If Palmer goes anywhere, it'll be to one of the sides challenging for the Champions League trophy, not a sentimental move to another side who struggle to make top 4.

Like I said, this thread is meant to discuss his performances on the field - if you think it's a realistic possibility that he joins Utd I suggest you open a thread in the Transfer Forum.

Yep. I'd do the same for my own sanity but his posts are just funny enough sometimes to not pull the trigger.

That's not "simply what you pointed out". You cannot stop including United into things:

So no, you were not simply pointing out that he might leave even though he has that long contract, you are continually insinuating that Palmer might opt to join United in the future, citing (disputable) arguments in the process. It's only fair that you're being called out on them.

Like I said, this thread is meant to discuss his performances on the field - if you think it's a realistic possibility that he joins Utd I suggest you open a thread in the Transfer Forum.

Yep. I'd do the same for my own sanity but his posts are just funny enough sometimes to not pull the trigger.
All that effort in quoting things that actually prove nothing nor do they further whatever point you are failing to make.

Solid work!

I think the only United player I’d personally take in the Chelsea XI is Lisandro. Where you get this idea that your squad is superior is hilarious to me.

We finished 3 points behind you with an injury riddled end of the year. We could've very well finished above you even with you having Cole Palmer. Yes it would have been hilarious to see the difference in teams had Cole Palmer played for us and not you, he literally carried you.

We still bounced you into the Europa Conference League.

We finished 3 points behind you with an injury riddled end of the year. We could've very well finished above you even with you having Cole Palmer. Yes it would have been hilarious to see the difference in teams had Cole Palmer played for us and not you, he literally carried you.

We still bounced you into the Europa Conference League.
Our injury record was just as horrendous as yours was. And our squad was/is much younger.

What a player. I can't remember the last time a player came through the ranks in such a meteoric fashion whilst making it look so effortlessly easy at every stage.

I'd never even heard of him until he played in the World Cup Championship (or whatever it's called this week) and scored an absolute stunner. Then he did something similar in another game and I was cursing the fact city had got another potential superstar. I was equally gobsmacked and overjoyed when they sold him.

Then he goes to Chelsea and was brilliant from day one. Doesn't even get a starting spot at the Euros but comes on as sub in the final and casually scores like it's no big deal. Any doubts about whether last season was some sort of flash in the pan have already been dispelled.

I'm jealous that Chelsea have him, but equally extremely delighted city don't.

All that effort in quoting things that actually prove nothing nor do they further whatever point you are failing to make.

Solid work!
You're saying nothing at all now, mate. I'd suggest you don't post something unless you can contribute something - would go a long way in general, actually.

"Hey mate, care to join a club that makes more revenue and has a bigger global fanbase - most of whom you'll never see? Downside is they win less, you'll be surrounded by worse players, and have to move back to Manchester. "

"Hey mate, care to join a club that makes more revenue and has a bigger global fanbase - most of whom you'll never see? Downside is they win less, you'll be surrounded by worse players, and have to move back to Manchester. "
... but but, Leny Yoro?

Yep, and I’m saying I find the direction the thread is being taken in boring.