Club Ownership | INEOS responsible for the football side

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not a good look at all for the club...

The women's staff and team have been complaining for years as well so it's nothing new either

It isn't loading.
GRGiTn4WkAAMU-a

GRGiTn1WQAEc6af
GRGiTnuXEAAsJF-

Last edited by a moderator:
Apologies (and it may sound harsh) but the only response to that is - get real.

Last edited:
and I’m sure that there will be timelines for that. I don’t think they are going to chuck money in willy nilly. There are a lot of area that they will want to be running more efficiently rather than chucking money at
It straight away
I don’t disagree, all money spent will be spent to increase value. Every business I’ve been involved with has awarded shares at time of investment. There may be hard-coded deadlines on some of the investment… I’m sure that any money put into the club will be rewarded with the voting shares. It’s like the 1.3b was a down payment. Once INEOS has full voting control after all of this additional money is injected, the Glazers become silent partners essentially.

It’s just another data point / clue that the white knight that most of the pro-INEOS members of the Caf were hoping for just isn’t going to happen. Watching their handling of Ten Hag, the delays to the investment injection, the slow pace at which they are building the team, the lack of aggressiveness in the transfer market, both incoming and outgoing…

Glazers 2.0?

It’s just another data point / clue that the white knight that most of the pro-INEOS members of the Caf were hoping for just isn’t going to happen. Watching their handling of Ten Hag, the delays to the investment injection, the slow pace at which they are building the team, the lack of aggressiveness in the transfer market, both incoming and outgoing…

Glazers 2.0?
No.

What delays to their investment injection? The delays to INEOS taking over were down to the Glazers. INEOS were ready months before the Glazers finally accepted the offer. There was no delay in the investment in Carrington, they came in and assessed the training ground and realised it needed instant upgrades. The only thing they've been waiting on was planning permission. They hired a new CEO without the media getting a sniff about it. Was literally reported two hours before the official announcement. Is that Glazers like? I can't even comment on the transfer dealings because the market hasn't really started yet. Seems like most clubs are waiting on the Euros to end before making their moves. From what I can see United have been in active negotiations with multiple players (Branthwaite, Zirkzee, Ugarte etc) and are speaking to clubs about selling the likes of Greenwood and Sancho too. Yes the ten Hag process dragged out I will give you that one.

Last edited:

Glazers 2.0?
Maybe something in the vast space between them two extremes.

Just nonsense. It is all about the mens team, thats the priority, thats what ibterests the fans, that is what counts for this club, where the club makes the money. Unless that doea not change, they women have to be second priority and there is bothing wrong with it. They have new facilities that can be used soon again

Do these people expect the men's team to be moving to those temp facilities!
I don't know enough about the rest of the article and I sympathise with the ladies but the temp facilities make sense to me.

Just nonsense. It is all about the mens team, thats the priority, thats what ibterests the fans, that is what counts for this club, where the club makes the money. Unless that doea not change, they women have to be second priority and there is bothing wrong with it. They have new facilities that can be used soon again
The only sane post on here.

Pretty sure if the women's team was generating all the revenue, this situation would've been a 180, where the women's team would've taken priority.

If the women's game brought in the same numbers then theyl be prioritised. It's circumstantial and it's temporary that the mens squad have no facilities.

Glazers 2.0?
They bought the amount of the club they could as step 1, but negotiated their main requirements (footballing control, certain caveats to anyone else trying to invest/right of first refusal, clauses that make it likely they up the % in the coming c3 years, a ban on dividends for 3 years).

They injected funds meaning our PSR loss limit increased, improving our tfr budget.

We‘ve hardly got into their first tfr window and there‘s an international tournament on (which has ALWAYS hampered clubs). And we have no idea what they‘re really doing… the same as we had no idea with Berrada, Ashworth, OT, Carrington…

Not even close to the Glazers.

If they end up refurbishing Old Trafford and then changing the name then what would set Ratcliffe apart from any American equity firm?

If they end up building a new stadium I'd understand a name change, as it would be impossible to call it Old Trafford.

There's an interesting podcast (Inside track - Football insider) where ex Everton/Villa CEO lays into Ratcliffe. Pretty scathing.
Which one? I see he's been on a couple times recently.

Doomed if they do, doomed if they don't. If the men's team had to change in temp facilities and we had a bad start to the season, the fans would soon question the decision.

Someone was always going to miss out.

Which one? I see he's been on a couple times recently.

"Man Utd twist" is the heading. He talks about how the low ball offer for Branthwaite lacks respect and strengthens Everton's resolve. He's been dismissive on Ratcliffe in other episodes too. He's obviously got an interesting perspective having been the CEO of two Premier League clubs. I can't help think he's got good points and that Ratcliffe is a bit too much hubris and too little sense.

Doomed if they do, doomed if they don't. If the men's team had to change in temp facilities and we had a bad start to the season, the fans would soon question the decision.

Someone was always going to miss out.

Honest question: Aren't there a ton of facilities for the academy as well, all in the same complex? There must be a bunch of different changing rooms and other academy support offices and meeting rooms and stuff like that.

Why not give the women part of the academy facilities? I can understand them being lower priority than the mens' first team but lower priority than the academy sides seems wrong.

Honest question: Aren't there a ton of facilities for the academy as well, all in the same complex? There must be a bunch of different changing rooms and other academy support offices and meeting rooms and stuff like that.

Why not give the women part of the academy facilities? I can understand them being lower priority than the mens' first team but lower priority than the academy sides seems wrong.
If I'm not wrong, the academy are also in the same boat as the women's team.

I think some of the little boys commenting on the women’s team should stop watching Andrew Tate on you tube it’s not good for you

I think some of the little boys commenting on the women’s team should stop watching Andrew Tate on you tube it’s not good for you
They haven't said anything wrong?

Football is a business, and the womens team would not exist if it weren't for the interest the mens team generates.

Or for you to wake up from dreamy land and accept reality
What’s this dreamy land I live in the one where the women’s game is the growth industry of football making young girls dream of representing their favourite club where Europes top clubs have great facilities for their women’s teams and get mega crowds give me that world any day the the fecking profit of doom that running United

Or for you to wake up from dreamy land and accept reality

The 'reality' is the women's game is an emerging market, and United are being excluded from it by their management. Their success would be a boon for the whole club.

To invest later provides the risk it will be too late, and require much more than could be spent now.

However, the defence from some quarters highlights the ideological stance. Can only hope it isn't deliberate, but, well.

What’s this dreamy land I live in the one where the women’s game is the growth industry of football making young girls dream of representing their favourite club where Europes top clubs have great facilities for their women’s teams and get mega crowds give me that world any day the the fecking profit of doom that running United
That day is not here yet. And until that day, the men's team is more important. It is not that the women can't train or are excluded, they just need to move on a temporary basis so that the main team where 99% of the fans have an interest in, can train

The 'reality' is the women's game is an emerging market, and United are being excluded from it by their management. Their success would be a boon for the whole club.

To invest later provides the risk it will be too late, and require much more than could be spent now.

However, the defence from some quarters highlights the ideological stance. Can only hope it isn't deliberate, but, well.
You think they're excluded because they have to move on a temporary basis?
This club is a mess, and the men team has been shit for 10 plus years. It is clear that Ineos needs to set priorities, and that is the men's team now. Once that is up and running, I'm confident they will look to other areas.

It’s incredible that some people actually believe that we’ve been spending too much on the women’s team and that’s been holding back the men’s team. Absolutely incredible :lol:

A 71 year old White Brexiter comes in and says, 'send them women to the Portas'. That's the most obvious scenario anyone could have imagined.

The local lad doing local things.

That day is not here yet. And until that day, the men's team is more important. It is not that the women can't train or are excluded, they just need to move on a temporary basis so that the main team where 99% of the fans have an interest in, can train
Just in itself that's a sensible decision. But sadly it ties into a bigger picture of the ownership not caring about the women's team. It's fine to claim that the men's team has priority, as it gets the most attention and makes the most money, but that players are leaving, questioning what the direction of the club is etc doesn't look good. And when things are already looking bad everything else that's bad also is a problem.

You think they're excluded because they have to move on a temporary basis?

If that was the only thing sure. But it isnt.

Jim couldnt be arsed going to the womens final. End of season celebration cancelled despite the womens team winning their first big trophy. Our best players leaving one by one and even our captain. And then this comes on top of all that, and we have Jims comments about priority.
All of this while actual investing in good players and trying to build on the cup win for the womens team would cost a miniscule amount.

If that was the only thing sure. But it isnt.

Jim couldnt be arsed going to the womens final. End of season celebration cancelled despite the womens team winning their first big trophy. Our best players leaving one by one and even our captain. And then this comes on top of all that, and we have Jims comments about priority.
All of this while actual investing in good players and trying to build on the cup win for the womens team would cost a miniscule amount.
That is bullshit. It was reported that they split up.

Just in itself that's a sensible decision. But sadly it ties into a bigger picture of the ownership not caring about the women's team. It's fine to claim that the men's team has priority, as it gets the most attention and makes the most money, but that players are leaving, questioning what the direction of the club is etc doesn't look good. And when things are already looking bad everything else that's bad also is a problem.
Again, it is all about priorities. They need to fix the club and mens team first.

Status
Not open for further replies.