Club Ownership | INEOS responsible for the football side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, it is all about priorities. They need to fix the club and mens team first.
Sorry, but signing a new DoF for the women's team who can give the team a clear perspective can't be that hard and distracting. As I said priorities are obvious, but this borders on actively neglecting the team.

Again, it is all about priorities. They need to fix the club and mens team first.
The men’s first team is always going to be the priority. It’s always going to be the priority for Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City and every other WSL team’s parent club. It’d be stupid to think otherwise. But it’s nonsense to think a club as big and as wealthy as United can’t do two things at the same time, when those other clubs I mentioned seem to be perfectly capable.

Which is a bullshit excuse. New owner in the house so busy talking and showing his face. Unless its for the womens teams final.
Glazer came, whilst Jim went to see the men. Whats your problem here exactly?

Why do they need to fix the mens team first, can they not fix both at the same time?

Some people recon its going to take 3 years for the mens team to be fixed, if thats true what are the womens team supposed to do in the meantime?

Sir Jim's mistreatment of the womens team is shameful, especially for a club our size.

Why do they need to fix the mens team first, can they not fix both at the same time?

Some people recon its going to take 3 years for the mens team to be fixed, if thats true what are the womens team supposed to do in the meantime?

Sir Jim's mistreatment of the womens team is shameful, especially for a club our size.

It's practically impossible to dispute that and it's good that the criticism is loud and visible. It does sound like something that can be fixed with a clear, long term plan, therefore INEOS should be judged on whether they acknowledge and respond to these issues.

Imagine if it was Jassim who succeeded in the take over and made those comments about the female team, boy this place would have gone on over drive.

Imagine if it was Jassim who succeeded in the take over and made those comments about the female team, boy this place would have gone on over drive.
There’s some on here that have completely become fanboys. Martial FC has gone. Here is SirJim FC.

And it’s because SJR had meetings that day with Berrada etc at Wembley.
Wait... do I get it right, that SJR went to meet Berrada at the stadium were the women's team played, but didn't attend their match there? Surely I misunderstand, because that would be ridiculously bad :lol:

It's practically impossible to dispute that and it's good that the criticism is loud and visible. It does sound like something that can be fixed with a clear, long term plan, therefore INEOS should be judged on whether they acknowledge and respond to these issues.
I agree in part, but dismantling letting a historical side fall to pieces for lack of bother, part of that is not going to be reversible. The history of Man Utd men’s team is around the heroes of railway workers and Outcasts FC, Busby Babes and Sir Matt. The villains are The FA, the establishment and Real Madrid. In the history of Man Utd’s women’s team, which will form part of liberation of gender history as well, heroes are the women making their own MU supporters team and associated part of the club in the 90’s, some of the people behind The Foundation in the noughties, and Casey Stoney & The Originals (Katie Zelem, Ella Toone, Alex Greenwood, Millie Turner) who started the club, took it to WSL and some of them further to the WCL (Mary Earps, Alessia Russo, Ona Batlle). Villains are The Glazers for closing the first team and sitting on it for ten years, and now, superceded by Jim Ratcliffe for letting all the work of Casey Stoney and The Originals go to nothing - as it would seem.

Building a new team from scratch in a couple of years is not going to remove that stain.

They are seperate entitiies, so of course they can deal with both at the same time. It's the fact they aren't. All they need for the women is a new DOF. So there is nobody at the club who can find a DOF for the women's team? The issue with the facilities for the women is not great, but it is all the players leaving that is more of an issue. I still think not replacing the manager is a big problem as it might still be for the men as well.

I agree in part, but dismantling letting a historical side fall to pieces for lack of bother, part of that is not going to be reversible. The history of Man Utd men’s team is around the heroes of railway workers and Outcasts FC, Busby Babes and Sir Matt. The villains are The FA, the establishment and Real Madrid. In the history of Man Utd’s women’s team, which will form part of liberation of gender history as well, heroes are the women making their own MU supporters team and associated part of the club in the 90’s, some of the people behind The Foundation in the noughties, and Casey Stoney & The Originals (Katie Zelem, Ella Toone, Alex Greenwood, Millie Turner) who started the club, took it to WSL and some of them further to the WCL (Mary Earps, Alessia Russo, Ona Batlle). Villains are The Glazers for closing the first team and sitting on it for ten years, and now, superceded by Jim Ratcliffe for letting all the work of Casey Stoney and The Originals go to nothing - as it would seem.

Building a new team from scratch in a couple of years is not going to remove that stain.
Sounds like a Marvel movie.

Wait... do I get it right, that SJR went to meet Berrada at the stadium were the women's team played, but didn't attend their match there? Surely I misunderstand, because that would be ridiculously bad :lol:

No it’s me I confused the matches with the men’s FA Cup final

think he meant to say OT but i would say that the main reason was meeting Keir Starmer (looks like the next PM) and Andy Burnham (mayor) at that arsenal game to discuss the new stadium plans etc. I can see why he didnt go to the womens wembly final.

That day is not here yet. And until that day, the men's team is more important. It is not that the women can't train or are excluded, they just need to move on a temporary basis so that the main team where 99% of the fans have an interest in, can train
So if you got an interest in
think he meant to say OT but i would say that the main reason was meeting Keir Starmer (looks like the next PM) and Andy Burnham (mayor) at that arsenal game to discuss the new stadium plans etc. I can see why he didnt go to the womens wembly final.
Joint owner teams biggest match ever and you think it’s ok he didn’t go because he was trying to scrounge money of the incoming government fair enough

Yep that was it I got it confused with something else.

So if you got an interest in

Joint owner teams biggest match ever and you think it’s ok he didn’t go because he was trying to scrounge money of the incoming government fair enough
That's just stupid. The FA Cup Semi Final for men is super important for any club, cannot be compared to women football yet. Just give it a rest

I'm far from SJR's biggest fan, but prioritization happens in every business. This is nothing new. He will get to the women's team once the men's team is up and running after this summer. Where Berrada, Wilcox, ETH & his staff can fully take over the reins and run the men's team fully.

As for the women's team - it is sad they have to move out their facilities, but this is only TEMPORARY. I wouldn't be surprised if after 2/3 years, the men's team moves to a new training complex built from scratch and the women and youth team take up the remainder of the space at Carrington - win, win.

I'm not part of the senior management, so I have no clue. However, if I were SJR I would heavily prioritize the club and the mens team too

That's a sound argument. My point is really that there's no debate about the situation being unacceptable and that the focus should be on what needs to be done to change that. What do you think INEOS should do?

If the women's game brought in the same numbers then theyl be prioritised. It's circumstantial and it's temporary that the mens squad have no facilities.
The reality is obviously that the most important topic for women's team isn't top10, maybe top20 priority for the club. Another reality is that is why those PR teams exist, to make everyone play along nicely.

Although it's not a ideal conditions, men's team takes priority. Men's team has served the club for over a century to make the club what it is today. Women team can wait for one season while working is being done on men's section.

That's just stupid. The FA Cup Semi Final for men is super important for any club, cannot be compared to women football yet. Just give it a rest
No I won’t pablo I think the vibes sir tax dodger is giving about the women’s team are very bad and I will saying so take my advice stop sniffing your Charlie it’s making you gibberish

No I won’t pablo I think the vibes sir tax dodger is giving about the women’s team are very bad and I will saying so take my advice stop sniffing your Charlie it’s making you gibberish
You seem to be a jealous hater. I want the club and the first team to do well, then the kids, women at this stage is a plus until we get everything in order

We’d be a laughing stock and a joke to everyone if we made the men’s first team train in portacabins. The amount of money involved in the women’s side is a drop in the ocean compared to the men’s side. World Cup finalist, Euros winner Mary Earps is on something close to £6k a week. Willy Kambwala who’s played for us about 10 times is on £8k a week.

This is one of those strictly business decisions that when you’ve reached this level in business and you’re a multi-millionaire or a billionaire who owns a business employing hundreds (if not thousands) of people, any decision you make will be met with a section of people calling you an asshole.

INEOS didn’t waste any time getting to the renovation because within two weeks of the season ending, the whole thing was announced and sadly a £50m project cant be done in a month.

So the women's team is so miniscule in the overall budget that there can be no complaints about the men having first rights to their stuff, but it's also apparently unthinkable that the new ownership could've made any positive impact to their situation in the time they've been in control.

You seem to be a jealous hater. I want the club and the first team to do well, then the kids, women at this stage is a plus until we get everything in order
I think it is possible to multitask I do it a lot I also think hate is a strong word I dislike sir Brexit for what he stands for tax dodging polluting the atmosphere and fracking and after hitchhiking to stoke when I 14 2 days after we got relegated standing on away ends as diverse as Colchester and Montpelier seeing finals at Wembley Rotterdam and Barcelona I certainly don’t hate man united

I think it is possible to multitask I do it a lot I also think hate is a strong word I dislike sir Brexit for what he stands for tax dodging polluting the atmosphere and fracking and after hitchhiking to stoke when I 14 2 days after we got relegated standing on away ends as diverse as Colchester and Montpelier seeing finals at Wembley Rotterdam and Barcelona I certainly don’t hate man united

You cannot "multitask" with outdated facilities. Everyone here is gassing up how much the Glazers spent on a woman facility - a measly 10million pounds. Whereas, SJR has decided to invest 5x that into the men's facilities which is obviously going to take time to develop. Everyone complained about a lack of investment, and now that we have investment, people are complaining about the short-term side effects of it. Makes 0 sense.

The men’s first team is always going to be the priority. It’s always going to be the priority for Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City and every other WSL team’s parent club. It’d be stupid to think otherwise. But it’s nonsense to think a club as big and as wealthy as United can’t do two things at the same time, when those other clubs I mentioned seem to be perfectly capable.
Exactly. It's nonsense. The amount of effort and resources needed to fix the women's team are minuscule compared to the men's issues.

There is no sensible reason both can't be done at the same time. People are acting like the women's team issues require the same level of resources.

It's mad that people still don't understand that many fans have a more romantic view of the club and that things are (sometimes) more important than winning the title every season and spending hundreds of millions of players they have zero attachment to that will probably be sold in 2/3 years.

Yeah, we could have been bought by the Qatari state and won everything. But we'd have been at the mercy of a government who's values are completely at odds with the history of our wonderful city.

FYI - You can also think that Ratcliffe is a twat but that this is indefinitely better than Qatar.

We could increase ticket prices by £20 per game and sell all hospitality packages across the ground to tourists to help us pass FFP but no ordinary people will be able to go more than a few times a season and all the communities that have developed across the ground will dissappear overnight. Who cares if the team is successful though?

We could build a soulless 92,000 capacity ground to replace the iconic OT then have a people on here moaning that the atmosphere is rubbish and that the passive fans that have replaced all the more active ones are to blame for the erosion of standards. Who cares though as we'll have a bigger ground than Wembley. It would be something to boast about on the Internet.

We could just get rid of the women's team because they don't make that much money. To hell with all the young female reds who look up to their female icons and have a dream that they now can represent Manchester United. What do they matter?

Good post. Nobody's claiming the women's team should be a priority over the men's team at any club but that doesn't mean the women's team couldn't/shouldn't be a priority of it's own sort. INEOS' view of women's football seems outdated. Neglecting the women's team is also a terrible business decision because the growth potential there is significant.

Personally I don't really follow women's football outside of the big international tournaments and Chelsea (and even those very sporadically) but the game has definitely been gaining some momentum over the last few years. There's a constantly increasing number of matches being played in front of huge crowds and because of the growing interest it won't take long for the sponsorship and broadcasting money to increase as well. If United don't shift their strategy when it comes to the women's team, they're gonna get left behind. Doesn't affect the first team so not everyone would care of course.

FYI - You can also think that Ratcliffe is a twat but that this is indefinitely better than Qatar.

We could just get rid of the women's team because they don't make that much money. To hell with all the young female reds who look up to their female icons and have a dream that they now can represent Manchester United. What do they matter?

This is....ironic

While I think this is being overblown. I do agree that the same people would be up in arms

While I think this is being overblown. I do agree that the same people would be up in arms

Of course they would.

There's a weird thing that has developed in modern society over the last 10/15 years. Being against one thing for some reason makes 100% in favour of another.

It's entirely reasonable that people:

A) were against Qatari state ownership and saw Ratcliffe as the lesser of two/three evils

B) are now critical of some of the decisions being made by Ratcliffe but still view him as the preferred option to Qatar

Of course they would.

There's a weird thing that has developed in modern society over the last 10/15 years. Being against one thing for some reason makes 100% in favour of another.

It's entirely reasonable that people:

A) were against Qatari state ownership and saw Ratcliffe as the lesser of two/three evils

B) are now critical of some of the decisions being made by Ratcliffe but still view him as the preferred option to Qatar

There was never any evidence that the Qatari bid was a state bid and there is an overwhelming amount of evidence that it wasnt.

There was never any evidence that the Qatari bid was a state bid and there is an overwhelming amount of evidence that it wasnt.

As someone who didn't really follow this as much as most of you chaps, the most obvious evidence that it wasn't a Qatari state bid was the bid lost to fecking Brexit Jim.

Status
Not open for further replies.