Club Ownership | INEOS responsible for the football side

Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone who didn't really follow this as much as most of you chaps, the most obvious evidence that it wasn't a Qatari state bid was the bid lost to fecking Brexit Jim.

According to the Glazers Shiekh Jassim failed to provide proof of funds but surely if it was a state bid they would have had no problem providing proof of funds.

If it was a state bid why havent they bid for any other club since, I mean they could have bought Everton quite easilly if they just wanted a Premier League club.

According to the Glazers Shiekh Jassim failed to provide proof of funds but surely if it was a state bid they would have had no problem providing proof of funds.

If it was a state bid why havent they bid for any other club since, I mean they could have bought Everton quite easilly if they just wanted a Premier League club.

But if Jassim is trying to convince people it isn't a state bid then surely you wouldn't want to produce proof of funds?

But if Jassim is trying to convince people it isn't a state bid then surely you wouldn't want to produce proof of funds?

According to Shiekh Jassims camp he did infact produce proof of funds and their is no way he would of refused to provide proof and killed off his own bid.

A first transfer window of: zirkzee, branthwaite, ugarte, and a left back.. would you be happy with that? Is that a successful window?

According to Shiekh Jassims camp he did infact produce proof of funds and their is no way he would of refused to provide proof and killed off his own bid.
My guess is that it wasn't a state bid, but that Jassim either originally had some level of backing from the state that then dried up or he thought that once it got serious enough the state would then back him and it didn't. Hence why he didn't produce proof of funds (the official SEC documents are much more likely to be true than some statements his camp made to a reporter) and ultimately dropped out because he couldn't afford to push it through. I feel that's the most likely scenario that could explain most of what happened.

Mostly yes, but would like 2 CBs, and wouldn't mind if there wasn't a left back.
Would be very foolish to go into season with Shaw as our only left back (I am not counting Malacia, not even sure he even exists anymore), especially if we are about to sell AWB leaving us short on right back cover as well (and unable to shift Dalot to the left).

A first transfer window of: zirkzee, branthwaite, ugarte, and a left back.. would you be happy with that? Is that a successful window?

Still feel we could do with another midfielder and a creative RW but definitely an improvement

All early/mid 20s. About £130m for all 3?

Sell Cas, Greenwood, Sancho, Dvdb and Lindelof, should get c£100m (maybe more, depending on Cas interest and a potential minor bidding war for Greenwood) and wages will stay about the same.

Not the “top top” players that would be great (but MIGHT fail and would kill us on PSR), but three good players and three positions we’re struggling at improved.

Sounds a good first window to me. I’m patient and I’d rather we have a clear tfr policy and a plan…. oh, I miss having a clear plan :(

Absolute bollocks, what will it take for fans to see the Jassim link was garbage?

We filed documents with the SEC that formally stated that Jassim DID NOT provide proof of funds, despite being asked more than once.

The club might have made a ton of mistakes in the last decade or so but they’re not outright lying to the SEC (never mind that shareholders would have their bollocks in court)

Absolute bollocks, what will it take for fans to see the Jassim link was garbage?

We filed documents with the SEC that formally stated that Jassim DID NOT provide proof of funds, despite being asked more than once.

The club might have made a ton of mistakes in the last decade or so but they’re not outright lying to the SEC (never mind that shareholders would have their bollocks in court)

There are many who have seen INEOS making decisions they don't like and are basically saying see told you we needed Jassim instead. The cold hard fact is that there was never another "serious" offer on the table for a full sale.

It's because 'proof of funds' would lead to the revelation it is a state bid.

Jassim's wealth derives from his family - the ruling dictatorship in Qatar. He has a senior position in their National Bank because of this.

It was a state bid just as city's, psg's and newcastle's are not.

It's because 'proof of funds' would lead to the revelation it is a state bid.

Jassim's wealth derives from his family - the ruling dictatorship in Qatar. He has a senior position in their National Bank because of this.

It was a state bid just as city's, psg's and newcastle's are not.

He is not part of the ruling familly and doesnt even share the same familly name as them.

He was bidding on behalf of the Nine Two foundation so the proof of funds would have come from the nine two foundations accounts.

Also he could not possibly have bought the club without proof of funds and proof of funds is required to be submitted to the FA as part if the ratification process therefore the claim that he delibratley didnt provide proof is nonsence.

He is not part of the ruling familly and doesnt even share the same familly name as them.

He was bidding on behalf of the Nine Two foundation so the proof of funds would have come from the nine two foundations accounts.

Also he could not possibly have bought the club without proof of funds and proof of funds is required to be submitted to the FA as part if the ratification process therefore the claim that he delibratley didnt provide proof is nonsence.
Nine Two foundation, what are its sources of funding?

My interest in football is really at an all time low I've never heard of any of these players :lol:

Do you want to buy a bridge?

What would you lot grade INEOS so far?
its been like 4-5 months; don't see the point of any judgement, either good or bad, in such a small period, esp. for an ownership. People even hesitate to judge a manager or even a player in that short of a period.

It's mainly him outside United. He's a selfish tax dodging billionaire, no surprises here.
Why would you care more what he does outside of United more than what he does for the club? Most forum members here dont know him, and as many billionaires, he is smart when it comes to his tax setup. But haters gonna hate

I think some fans live in a dreamland where they expect any new owners (whether that’s SJR or Qatars vessels) to come in and throw loads of magic money around, forgetting all contexts of PSR/FFP, building a new stadium in 4 months, mopping up everyone we’re linked to in the transfer market etc.
whilst I’m no fan of SJR big corp practices, some of you need to give your head a wobble. There is no fix that doesn’t require patience.

I think some fans live in a dreamland where they expect any new owners (whether that’s SJR or Qatars vessels) to come in and throw loads of magic money around, forgetting all contexts of PSR/FFP, building a new stadium in 4 months, mopping up everyone we’re linked to in the transfer market etc.
whilst I’m no fan of SJR big corp practices, some of you need to give your head a wobble. There is no fix that doesn’t require patience.

The club doesnt need someone to pump millions in to the transfer fund and investment on things like the stadium and training facilities is exempt for FFP as is investment in youth.

The claims that Shiekh Jassim's bid are unsubstantiated nonsence that are just used to justify supporting a bid that kept the Glazers in control of the club, im sure if Thomas Zilliacus had have been still bidding people would probably be clàiming he was bidding on behalf of the Finnish government.

Last edited:
The club doesnt need someone to pump millions in to the transfer fund and investment on things like the stadium and training facilities is exempt for FFP as is investment in youth.

The claims that Shiekh Jassim's bid are umsubstantiated momsence that are just used to justify supporting a bid that kept the Glazers in control of the club, im sure if Thomas Zilliacus had have been still bidding people would probably be clàiming he was bidding on behalf of the Finnish government.
No, people just classed him as a fruitloop. He clearly didn’t have or wasn’t prepared to invest what was required, asking fans to come up with 50%.

whether Jassim was or wasn’t involved with the state is irrelevant at this point don’t you think? Hardly the hill to die on. He couldn’t or wouldn’t provide the evidence of his finances during the bid. Game over. No time for day dreamers or time wasters.

I'll keep saying it! I preferred the Qatar bid over INEOS but to be honest I kind of like how Shameless Sir Jim seems to be about trying to maximise profits, cut costs and how he openly talks about wanting more leeway from the league regarding club finances. I find it oddly refreshing.

The claims that Shiekh Jassim's bid are umsubstantiated momsence that are just used to justify supporting a bid that kept the Glazers in control of the club, im sure if Thomas Zilliacus had have been still bidding people would probably be clàiming he was bidding on behalf of the Finnish government.
Were you eating when you typed that?

It's always possible to get even more or harsher criticism.

It's the whatabboutery I find odd. "If this was another man with questionable attitude towards women, he'd be criticised more" when the current man with those questionable attitudes is getting slated by almost everyone.

The people criticising Ratcliffe would ultimately be the same ones criticising Qatar/Jassim if they'd made similar decisions.

Not every United fan is so desperate for success that they'll s1mp for all billionaires and ignore their obvious issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.