Club Ownership | INEOS responsible for the football side

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's also about sending a statement. Clubs are used to seeing us overpay, hence they quote extremely high fees for their players expecting us to agree. They will need to see that we are not that club anymore, that we won't budge and won't pay over the odds, and this is not done overnight. If it means less business this year, or even the next 2-3 years, so the other clubs can see we are not that club anymore, then be it.

I think INEOS are going to be incredibly patient and some people may not be particularly acceptant of that. It could take several years before we are where they want us to be. Just look at Nice and how long it's taking there.
Cutting the nose to spite the face, then after a year of shite we go all in.

But why not? For a new top notch stadium that is the price I would pay
A new stadium location need not be called Old Trafford at all (can't think of any such cases). The question really is whether you would go for a whatever named new top notch stadium or would rather have a refurbished <insert brand> Old Trafford, even if the money involved is likely no more than an Amrabat loan.

The financials probably look better for new build than refurbishing and getting upset about renaming OT may just about be the perfect excuse to move altogether and eventually tear it down.

Cutting the nose to spite the face, then after a year of shite we go all in.

Basically make clubs aware that we are willing to buy their players only for fair value, otherwise we are prepared to walk away. Contrary to how we've operated in the last few years.

Basically make clubs aware that we are willing to buy their players only for fair value, otherwise we are prepared to walk away. Contrary to how we've operated in the last few years.
You can do that without sulking and buying no one to make a point.

I imagine only temporarily while Carrington is being refurbed. Its either that or we look like a joke as our multi-millionaire first teamers do conditioning work in the gym as Darren and Gareth the tradies set up a RSJ over in the corner.

Have a feeling we could be back in a similar position with our women's team to when they came back in 2018

I think that could be the long and short of it. Dangle renaming it Sunny Delight... or £4-5/ticket. No brainer.

Why not both? Ticket prices haven't kept with inflation. Time to bring them back in line and make us more competitive with our own money.

Why not both? Ticket prices haven't kept with inflation. Time to bring them back in line and make us more competitive with our own money.
Would be easy for me to say yes, I don't pay them, and back when I did a £5-10 hike would have made no difference once you accounted for overpriced resale, travel, accommodation, etc. Maybe you could deal with that somewhat treating season tickets differently, dunno.

Post a link to that story then and the Athletic journo that claimed it.
Whether Ratcliffe paid much credence to Infinite MUM is unclear, but INEOS started with a particular profile to target: young head coaches playing attractive football who would work in a structure. An ability to create a culture at the club was also high on the agenda, which is why Gareth Southgate had support from some within INEOS given his work with England.

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5543044/2024/06/12/erik-ten-hag-manchester-united-why-not-sacked/

Laurie Whitwelll and Adam Crafton

Anyone who's against recouping 30-40% of the stadium costs from just a naming rights deal, for the sake of pride, needs to get with reality.

Is it ideal? no, but it is foolish to not pursue it.

Anyone who's against recouping 30-40% of the stadium costs from just a naming rights deal, for the sake of pride, needs to get with reality.

Is it ideal? no, but it is foolish to not pursue it.

Unfortunately, I have to agree.
At the end of the day, we want the best for the club and keeping the name doesn’t bring us back to where we want.

You can do that without sulking and buying no one to make a point.
If we are able to get players at good prices, and we have enough time to do our due diligence, we will finalize some business this year. We’ve already made bids for several players.

Whilst not ideal but selling the naming rights was inevitable at some point. It would still be Old Trafford. Many in Manchester still call Manchester Central the GMEX. The Manchester Arena is still the Manchester Evening News Arena to many.

We should all be more concerned about the price increases mentioned in that Athletic article. There's going to be another big shift in the demographic of match day fans. The players and manager spoke a lot last season about how the fans stayed with them despite some performances. The club has to be careful not to piss those people off.

I think even Gary Neville conceded that the new stadium would probably have a sponsor name attached to it in order to generate money. If you hypothetically called it INEOS Old Trafford or something where the ‘Old Trafford‘ name is retained then I don’t think people will mind.

Whether Ratcliffe paid much credence to Infinite MUM is unclear, but INEOS started with a particular profile to target: young head coaches playing attractive football who would work in a structure. An ability to create a culture at the club was also high on the agenda, which is why Gareth Southgate had support from some within INEOS given his work with England.

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5543044/2024/06/12/erik-ten-hag-manchester-united-why-not-sacked/

Laurie Whitwelll and Adam Crafton

Ha ha, Southgate gets the slightest mention in the article and wasn’t ever considered a serious candidate by anyone.
Simply put, Jimmy Worrall, who founded the networking group Leaders in Sport with Brailsford, was a facilitator of the meetings and Worrall has a long-standing relationship with Southgate, that appears the only reason his name was even mentioned.

But hey, don’t let that stop your doom mongering though mate.

Whilst not ideal but selling the naming rights was inevitable at some point. It would still be Old Trafford. Many in Manchester still call Manchester Central the GMEX. The Manchester Arena is still the Manchester Evening News Arena to many.

We should all be more concerned about the price increases mentioned in that Athletic article. There's going to be another big shift in the demographic of match day fans. The players and manager spoke a lot last season about how the fans stayed with them despite some performances. The club has to be careful not to piss those people off.

While I don't completely disagree, the fans who all support the team through thick and thin are not all poor fans.

Arsenal receive £4m a year from emirates for their deal....
You can't compare with Emirates because they had massive leverage in negociations by frontloading a big chunk of the building costs of the stadium. They also sponsor the game and training shirts.
They used that position to lock us in with them for everything and limit how much they invest in total. If we sold the naming rights alone to another brand it would be a lot more.

Not a new stadium. I don't refer to the Emirates as Highbury. I've no idea what Spurs' is called, but it isn't White Hart Lane.
Not if its a brand new stadium. That would be a bit odd.
Spurs is called The Tottenham Hotspur Stadium currently. I mean it’s right next door that I don’t know why colloquially you wouldn’t just keep the name. Unless they do in fact keep old Trafford and reduce it in size for the youth and women’s team.

Spurs is called The Tottenham Hotspur Stadium currently.
I can't see many Spurs fans up in arms about a different name to that one. It's not just boring, it sort of indicates nobody offered feck all to name it something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.