Club Ownership | INEOS responsible for the football side

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean all these things are cute but what about the manager of our football club? Shouldn't be that kind of a priority before we start worrying who eats where?

I mean all these things are cute but what about the manager of our football club? Shouldn't be that kind of a priority before we start worrying who eats where?
Not all decisions take the same time to make and can often be decided concurrently.

Lord James of Monaco will feck this club up the same has him and his merry men have done Monaco no different to the glazers
He resides in Monaco, he has far as I'm aware nothing to do with AS Monaco. He owns Nice and they seem to have had a very good season by their standards and have qualified for the Europa League.

He may turn out to be a disaster but with less than six months in the hot seat of United, I wouldn't write them off yet.

I was absolutely spoiled for choice when it came to quoting a selection of the most dim witted posts I’ve seen in a while, but congratulations; you’ve all made the cut.

Having read the transfer and match day threads for many years now, I shouldn’t be amazed that so many posts seem to scrape the emotional and intellectual barrel. Yet, it’s still jarring to read.

This place has become some sort of an ignorant, impatient, mouth frothing, echo chamber over the last decade.

Post of the year

Not sure I'm okay with Ineos treating all of our lower paid staff like shit.

Absolutely the correct decision. Hopefully all the shite leaks might fizzle out if players aren't able to inform other staff of the goings on at the club.
Wasn't a problem when we were winning everything, players and staff were very approachable and friendly but personal space was respected, if you were too over familiar you were out the door at Carrington, on the flip side some good people have emerged and progressed at the club due to its open atmosphere.

Not sure I'm okay with Ineos treating all of our lower paid staff like shit.

Why do people so easily believe the negatives?

How would anybody know this stuff? Sounds like clickbait nonsense to me because A) United fans are easy bait which leads to B) more clicks = more money.

I was absolutely spoiled for choice when it came to quoting a selection of the most dim witted posts I’ve seen in a while, but congratulations; you’ve all made the cut.

Having read the transfer and match day threads for many years now, I shouldn’t be amazed that so many posts seem to scrape the emotional and intellectual barrel. Yet, it’s still jarring to read.

This place has become some sort of an ignorant, impatient, mouth frothing, echo chamber over the last decade.

Couldn’t agree more. I said the same thing earlier yesterday but they didn’t pick up on it. You’d swear they were going to spend a billion or two and then just sit on their hands and do nothing afterwards. Interviewing managers after we bombed in league? ETH can have no complaints. Not rushing out into the market like Chelsea seems like a solid choice in a tournament summer. I get fans are a reactive bunch but this past year has been so poor on here from experienced posters. No vision. No patience. Everyone just wants instant news, Instant gratification and expect us to keep winning despite all that has gone on behind the scenes. I get it there’s not much going on right now but you don’t need to fill the silence with endless worst case scenarios in the meantime.

Last edited:
So despite claims we are looking for players age 25 and under to build a younger squad we are currently in talks to give new contracts to 2 players in their late 30's

He resides in Monaco, he has far as I'm aware nothing to do with AS Monaco. He owns Nice and they seem to have had a very good season by their standards and have qualified for the Europa League.

He may turn out to be a disaster but with less than six months in the hot seat of United, I wouldn't write them off yet.
My mistake on Monaco I got the place on the brain I mean to put nice

So despite claims we are looking for players age 25 and under to build a younger squad we are currently in talks to give new contracts to 2 players in their late 30's

3rd choice keeper and probably 6th choice defender, who did well when we needed him. Both are probably consummate professionals at this point in their careers and on low wages. Both id imagine would also have an eye on coaching? If city were signing Carson up to a new deal would anybody bat an eyelid?

4-5th choice defender at best and 3-4th choice keeper. Yeah moan about it.

3rd choice keeper and probably 6th choice defender, who did well when we needed him. Both are probably consummate professionals at this point in their careers and on low wages. Both id imagine would also have an eye on coaching? If city were signing Carson up to a new deal would anybody bat an eyelid?

We are supposed to be trying to cut down the huge wage bill though and giving 60k-70k per week contracts to players who probably wont play isnt going to help with that

We are supposed to be trying to cut down the huge wage bill though and giving 60k-70k per week contracts to players who probably wont play isnt going to help with that
Write a strongly-worded letter to Ineos.

Yep, but apparently we need to give them time. Things dont turn around quickly I am told. They have had 6 months! how much longer do they need to judge a manager?

It is unacceptable. People say things cant change but I will give a recent example.

Newcastle got taken over in Oct 2021, fighting relegation.

By the summer of 22, they had a structure in place, manager in place and signings. Bye the start of the next season 9 new players were brought to the club including the likes of Bruno, Isaak and Botman.

We are a bigger club, yet we are told we have to wait 2/3 years to see any improvement or the new regime's policies will be seen 18 months after the club been bought.

Don't forget INEOS have had experience with Nice and are still acting like they have no idea how a football club is run.

Regardless if you think the manager is good enough of not, its totally disrespectful to have his future in the air for 6 months.

Whilst interviewing other candidates, even the managers linked are all different styles. From Southgate to DI Zerbi. To me it looks like they are just winging it.

INEOS completed their takeover in February 2024, albeit the deal had been effectively done in December 2023, so they have had either 4 or 6 months depending on your viewpoint.

In that time the club has appointed a new CEO, Technical Director and have agreed to appoint a Sporting Director who is on gardening leave, but actively trying to shorten this leave.

The season was poor, there are lots of circumstances around that, I personally would much rather they take their time with whatever decision they are wanting to make and get it right, than listen to impatient social media noise and just "get on with it and sack the manager"

Blimey! Calm down.

Evans contributed to 30 appearances for United last season and was a useful player whilst our defensive options were next to nothing.

Heaton didn't play at all, yet Bayındır only made one single appearance, despite Onana playing in AFCON. In other words, the third-choice keeper is irrelevant.

Both are homegrown players to help our quota and will get a maximum one-year deal as emergency cover. Seems sensible contracts to offer.

Post of the year
Couldn’t agree more. I said the same thing earlier yesterday but they didn’t pick up on it. You’d swear they were going to spend a billion or two and then just sit on their hands and do nothing afterwards. Interviewing managers after we bombed in league? ETH can have no complaints. Not rushing out into the market like Chelsea seems like a solid choice in a tournament summer. I get fans are a reactive bunch but this past year has been so poor on here from experienced posters. No vision. No patience. Everyone just wants instant news, Instant gratification and expect us to keep winning despite all that has gone on behind the scenes. I get it there’s not much going on right now but you don’t need to fill the silence with endless worst case scenarios in the meantime.

Of course, I received the expected tirade of responses. Some just upset I called them dim witted, understandably, and some attempting to argue the point.

The thing is, if someone is, in early June after a February takeover and with all the changes that have already happened, already losing their shit over potential managerial changes and transfers; then there is really no point in attempting to dissuade them from their mania. It’s already such a preposterous and illogical position to take, the idea of trying to talk them round with rational argument, feels like an invitation to hit my head against a brick wall.

It’s unfortunately symptomatic of a huge number of posters in here and people in society in general. As you’ve said, they want instant gratification. They’ll lap up any gossip that feeds their imperative for outrage. And they only deal in extremes - brilliant or utterly shit. I just can’t be bothered with that crowd any more. It’s a waste of breath.

Yeah the forum has deteriorated massively since I firsts joined. I feel like I’m reading a Twitter feed at times.

Still probably the best place to read about United, though.

The concern isn't that we're taking a while to make a decision. It's that this discussion should have happened weeks ago and we should be prepared to hit the ground running this Summer. Instead we're dragging our feet and continued being a gossip column.

Yep, but apparently we need to give them time. Things dont turn around quickly I am told. They have had 6 months! how much longer do they need to judge a manager?

It is unacceptable. People say things cant change but I will give a recent example.

Newcastle got taken over in Oct 2021, fighting relegation.

By the summer of 22, they had a structure in place, manager in place and signings. Bye the start of the next season 9 new players were brought to the club including the likes of Bruno, Isaak and Botman.

We are a bigger club, yet we are told we have to wait 2/3 years to see any improvement or the new regime's policies will be seen 18 months after the club been bought.

Don't forget INEOS have had experience with Nice and are still acting like they have no idea how a football club is run.

Regardless if you think the manager is good enough of not, its totally disrespectful to have his future in the air for 6 months.

Whilst interviewing other candidates, even the managers linked are all different styles. From Southgate to DI Zerbi. To me it looks like they are just winging it.

It's hard to know where to start with this shit, bit if this is genuinely your take, I'm going to be deeply concerned crossing the road from now on.

That top bit is slightly misleading, I feel.

I've been in the canteen at Carrington - while I was working for United, some of the OT-based staff including myself were given a tour of the place one afternoon. By 1pm there were very few players left in the building, and there are hardly any non-footballing staff there anyway. The canteen itself only has about 10 small tables, so I can't see how there was ever much crossover with non-footballing staff.

It's a handful of people who work in laundry and on reception. Security are outsourced, so I don't think they were ever allowed in either of the canteens. Most regular/office/admin staff use the OT canteen if they want to take advantage of the free food provided.

As an aside, I've always been told that they can't offer the players free lunches (which are obviously very different to those offered at the OT canteen) without offering the rest of the staff the same. How true this is, I can't tell you.

It's hard to know where to start with this shit, bit if this is genuinely your take, I'm going to be deeply concerned crossing the road from now on.

I am worried under INEOS. They are speaking to managers like Southgate - who is Ole ball tactics, everyone on here was against.
Tuchel - Defensive manager
Di Zerbi - Possession based manager
Poch - No style

We will set the style and appoint manager but they are going with a scatter gun approach on managers. Reportedly.

Sir Alex didn't even let the youth players sit with the first team so you're simply wrong
feck off I will hate people like sir tax dodger until the day I die he will ruin united with his moronic ideas we where in a pit with the glazers now ineos are digging deeper

INEOS completed their takeover in February 2024, albeit the deal had been effectively done in December 2023, so they have had either 4 or 6 months depending on your viewpoint.

In that time the club has appointed a new CEO, Technical Director and have agreed to appoint a Sporting Director who is on gardening leave, but actively trying to shorten this leave.

The season was poor, there are lots of circumstances around that, I personally would much rather they take their time with whatever decision they are wanting to make and get it right, than listen to impatient social media noise and just "get on with it and sack the manager"
“Yeah but APART from all that, what have the Romans Ineos ever done for us?

£60k is nothing for us. The only players we have on lower than £50k are academy players and our backup keepers. Evans certainly did enough to warrant a new contract, whatever about Heaton

We don’t know if he’s being offered a player/coach role to take over from Huddlestone or to play the part of 5th CB

That top bit is slightly misleading, I feel.

I've been in the canteen at Carrington - while I was working for United, some of the OT-based staff including myself were given a tour of the place one afternoon. By 1pm there were very few players left in the building, and there are hardly any non-footballing staff there anyway. The canteen itself only has about 10 small tables, so I can't see how there was ever much crossover with non-footballing staff.

It's a handful of people who work in laundry and on reception. Security are outsourced, so I don't think they were ever allowed in either of the canteens. Most regular/office/admin staff use the OT canteen if they want to take advantage of the free food provided.

As an aside, I've always been told that they can't offer the players free lunches (which are obviously very different to those offered at the OT canteen) without offering the rest of the staff the same. How true this is, I can't tell you.
I can't think of a reason why they would HAVE to provide other staff at Carrington with a lunch if they offer it to the players. They are on different contracts and T&C's so I would think it might be more of a case of it being more convenient to offer a free lunch to staff there.

At more "remote" locations it is often the case that providing good quality lunches is subsidised by the company to reduce the effect of staff leaving / going out for lunch and then dribbling back into the offices. This is particularly true for locations that have high security. I visited a refinery in the North West and they had a very extensive cafe, with highly subsidised food, just because the safety procedures to get in / get out of the site would basically take up most of a lunch break. So if they want the staff at Carrington to have a lunch break and then quickly return to work offering them food onsite is a good idea.

The only other consideration would be about having a higher level of food standards for playing staff versus others. Take Airline catering for example, Aircrew meals used to be done in a separate kitchen from the mainstream meals so no cross-contamination can occur. Some Airlines also used to stipulate that Captain and 1st Officers meals were again cooked by different catering teams so that there was no chance of both being taken out by a random food bug picked up from a "dirty" chef.

So, aside from having different nutritional requirements (Pies, chips and gravy being off the menu Chunks!) I'd expect crew meals to be prepared under very stringent conditions. Perhaps other food might have been prepared as a "family" meal in the restaurant tradition. These are often a useful way to reduce food wastage and great for team building and training younger staff in meal preparation.

It wouldn't surprise me to find out that INEOS took a look at this sort of activity and tried to cut it as they seem to have been on a "purge of the perks" for staff.

I can't think of a reason why they would HAVE to provide other staff at Carrington with a lunch if they offer it to the players. They are on different contracts and T&C's so I would think it might be more of a case of it being more convenient to offer a free lunch to staff there.

At more "remote" locations it is often the case that providing good quality lunches is subsidised by the company to reduce the effect of staff leaving / going out for lunch and then dribbling back into the offices. This is particularly true for locations that have high security. I visited a refinery in the North West and they had a very extensive cafe, with highly subsidised food, just because the safety procedures to get in / get out of the site would basically take up most of a lunch break. So if they want the staff at Carrington to have a lunch break and then quickly return to work offering them food onsite is a good idea.

The only other consideration would be about having a higher level of food standards for playing staff versus others. Take Airline catering for example, Aircrew meals used to be done in a separate kitchen from the mainstream meals so no cross-contamination can occur. Some Airlines also used to stipulate that Captain and 1st Officers meals were again cooked by different catering teams so that there was no chance of both being taken out by a random food bug picked up from a "dirty" chef.

So, aside from having different nutritional requirements (Pies, chips and gravy being off the menu Chunks!) I'd expect crew meals to be prepared under very stringent conditions. Perhaps other food might have been prepared as a "family" meal in the restaurant tradition. These are often a useful way to reduce food wastage and great for team building and training younger staff in meal preparation.

It wouldn't surprise me to find out that INEOS took a look at this sort of activity and tried to cut it as they seem to have been on a "purge of the perks" for staff.
The last paragraph seems about right given what else has happened.

And historically, OT wasn't in a great area for getting food off site. Other than Lou Macari's chippy, there was no option before the big Tesco was built, and with most people having only 30 mins for lunch, walking there and back takes up most of that.

The last paragraph seems about right given what else has happened.

And historically, OT wasn't in a great area for getting food off site. Other than Lou Macari's chippy, there was no option before the big Tesco was built, and with most people having only 30 mins for lunch, walking there and back takes up most of that.

maybe Gary Neville will will offer a sandwich deal across the road, would cost a days wages though

Started with making a lot of right noises. However, so far nothing to show for. Cant even decide to support or sack the manager after 2 weeks from FA Cup final. Starting to worry that this is nothing different from Glazers.

Status
Not open for further replies.