Club Ownership | INEOS responsible for the football side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Started with making a lot of right noises. However, so far nothing to show for. Cant even decide to support or sack the manager after 2 weeks from FA Cup final. Starting to worry that this is nothing different from Glazers.

Worth remembering that the club is in fact still majority owned by the Glazers. Although there has reportedly been a fair amount of devolution of powers within the club, I wouldn't be at all surprised if infamous Glazer dithering is still acting as a drag in certain areas. The key Ineos appointments aren't in place yet, either, and consequently this summer was always likely to be a slow one.

Started with making a lot of right noises. However, so far nothing to show for. Cant even decide to support or sack the manager after 2 weeks from FA Cup final. Starting to worry that this is nothing different from Glazers.

You cannot seriously expect almost 2 decades of Glazer ownership to be undone in a couple of months.

This place needs a reality check it’s mad how people are sat here all day everyday same names just dribbling over any bit of news.

You cannot seriously expect almost 2 decades of Glazer ownership to be undone in a couple of months.

This place needs a reality check it’s mad how people are sat here all day everyday same names just dribbling over any bit of news.
They aren't even the same people yet are actually more indecisive, at least the glazers sacked the managers quicker.

We don't even have all key backroom people set yet, it takes time and we need to make the right decisions.

Noone is expecting or even demanding that. But that doesnt change that this whole manager debacle has been handled quite poorly so far. This should not take this long and given their history with Nice its worrying signs.

They've shown to be pretty discrete and quick when it came to Berrada's appointment. Wilcox's was sorted relatively quickly too. I've a feeling they've sorted this a while back but they're waiting on the right time to announce.

They aren't even the same people yet are actually more indecisive, at least the glazers sacked the managers quicker.

Yes I remember quite well all the crying and moaning about how callous it was to sack LVG the very next monday and how it was classless.

The situation has been poorly managed. Delaying the decision only invites more criticism, some of which may be justified. I'm increasingly concerned. A proactive approach would have been to sack ETH after the Palace game, securing support from the majority of the fanbase. This suggests they are not proactive, but rather reactive, especially with the emphasis on an "end-of-season review." If I’ve learned anything in my career is that effective leadership in business requires being proactive and decisive.

They own multiple clubs and let’s be honest they’ve hardly been impressive at either. I’m happy they are recruiting football people in key positions but it’s a crime this wasn’t done years ago they’re implementing the basics of a multi billion pound sports organisation

I’m open to them but this has been a rocky start and the Southgate links are a massive red flag they need to get a grip on the situation

The way the ETH situation has been handled is pretty bad, but I'm willing to give INEOS a lot of leeway here. Hopefully once all the new people are on board and see things from the inside on a day-to-day basis, it will be a lot easier to make decisions - and make them early.

I mean, the two most important people in judging the manager and the team are supposed to be Ashworth (not around yet) and WIlcox - who joined a little over a month before the end of the season and probably has a lot on his shoulders as he's trying to learn and see everything he can in order to give an informed view. It's all a little rushedm but I'm willing to suffer this for a while as we're actually trying to do things right.

I’m open to them but this has been a rocky start and the Southgate links are a massive red flag they need to get a grip on the situation

When Fergie complained early on during his tenure that the papers were killing him, Busby told him not to read the papers.

The media clearly has no idea what's going on, so why read anything into those Southgate links? Yesterday they returned after weeks of silence, by a reporter who has no credibility at all, and people are hysterical.

Just watch Qatar buy Nice from INEOS and turn them into a power house!
Not likely to compete with themselves though (PSG) and that project has proven how hard it is to take a big club in a farmers league and try to win anything meaningful. Can’t see them wanting to repeat that exercise with Nice.

A lot of people losing their minds over the time it’s taking to keep or fire Ten Hag. The only thing we actually know, though, is that we know nothing of what’s happening behind the scenes. Some people take the lack of a decision as dithering, which is obviously preposterous, whereas I take it as probably just the very quiet public face of an operation that is in overdrive behind the scenes.

We’ll know when we know. I am sure the important stakeholders all already know and as such plans are being executed as we speak. I actually like that there aren’t any ridiculous leaks and that we are seemingly operating very privately, without the ridiculous briefings to quell the legions of transfer and gossip muppets that we used to constantly get.

Granted I don’t know that for sure, it’s just my personal speculation based on what I’ve seen from Ineos thus far, and I stick to the fact that the only thing we know (me included) is that we know nothing. But I am much less worried about the process, and getting internal updates, than I am the results and outcomes.

I know patience is a dirty word around here, but I can only suggest that people, for their own sanity, just chill out, be patient, and see what unfolds. Pretty much everything in the press is pure speculation, may as well put as much stock in 95% of that as you would an opinion posted on here. This one included!

Has anyone seen when Ashworth’s arbitration is being sorted? Articles said it should take a few weeks in May but nothing has been sorted yet. I wonder if they want him to officially be working for any announcements.

I'm guessing why it takes Berrada, Ashworth and Wilcox so long:

1) They have different views on ETH to sack or back him

2) They are having difficulty to get the right manager and may want to keep ETH for another transitional year

3) They are waiting for Southgate (feck me!)

4) They are waiting for the right time to announce because of FA Cup and ETH still on leave. They have everything already well planned in swift and efficient manner behind the scene. Like any other big club do for the most important appointment of the club, manager.

Hopefully, it's No. 4. But knowing our luck with the owner pick any 1-3. If it's 3 it's time for me to take football sabbatical.

A lot of people losing their minds over the time it’s taking to keep or fire Ten Hag. The only thing we actually know, though, is that we know nothing of what’s happening behind the scenes. Some people take the lack of a decision as dithering, which is obviously preposterous, whereas I take it as probably just the very quiet public face of an operation that is in overdrive behind the scenes.

We’ll know when we know. I am sure the important stakeholders all already know and as such plans are being executed as we speak. I actually like that there aren’t any ridiculous leaks and that we are seemingly operating very privately, without the ridiculous briefings to quell the legions of transfer and gossip muppets that we used to constantly get.

Granted I don’t know that for sure, it’s just my personal speculation based on what I’ve seen from Ineos thus far, and I stick to the fact that the only thing we know (me included) is that we know nothing. But I am much less worried about the process, and getting internal updates, than I am the results and outcomes.

I know patience is a dirty word around here, but I can only suggest that people, for their own sanity, just chill out, be patient, and see what unfolds. Pretty much everything in the press is pure speculation, may as well put as much stock in 95% of that as you would an opinion posted on here. This one included!
You should wash your mouth with soap, using such foul language.

Face value. F a c e V a l u e. If you can’t trust someone who is paid to pass along saucy rumours, who can you trust?

Socrates the Greek pundit once said that the wisest man (GOAT pundit) is they who know how little it is that they actually know. And he didn’t even have a twitter handle, the poor sod.

You should wash your mouth with soap, using such foul language.

Face value. F a c e V a l u e. If you can’t trust someone who is paid to pass along saucy rumours, who can you trust?

Socrates the Greek pundit once said that the wisest man (GOAT pundit) is they who know how little it is that they actually know. And he didn’t even have a twitter handle, the poor sod.

Quality response :lol: . Thanks.

So what have "indecisive" and "dithering" Ineos done since the acquisition was completed?

-On top of the initial stake, a further 238m was invested into the club as soon as it was possible, which also issued them new shares and every bit of further investment will also very likely keep increasing their stake in the club

-New CEO, Technical Director, CFO, director of comms and public affairs, head physio

-Plans for a new stadium / massively upgrading Old Trafford, plus regenerating the whole surrounding area, probably building a train station as well

-New training ground

They are so obviously making fundamental changes and restructuring the whole club, but their ambition and decisiveness already get questioned by the masses because there's no clarity over the manager's future yet, and it's not like that's probably even the case, to be honest.

They're probably also doing everything they can to stop leaks regularly coming out of the club...and they've done well so far in that area. Every journalist has been left guessing over the manager's future when the decision has likely been made weeks ago.

And I'm reading posts on here that claim they are just as bad or even worse than the Glazers were, without a hint of irony (those posters would deserve the Glazers tbh)...and tweets being linked that claim the Glazers still have the final say in everything when the SEC filing of the deal is publicly available, easily accessible information that dismisses the nonsense those bitter people make up on Twitter that still can't get over the fact that Qatar didn't win.

Last edited:
The situation has been poorly managed. Delaying the decision only invites more criticism, some of which may be justified. I'm increasingly concerned. A proactive approach would have been to sack ETH after the Palace game, securing support from the majority of the fanbase. This suggests they are not proactive, but rather reactive, especially with the emphasis on an "end-of-season review." If I’ve learned anything in my career is that effective leadership in business requires being proactive and decisive.

Effective leadership in business!? I think he's got that nailed down, he owns one of the biggest companies in the world.

Why would Sally Davis, working in training socks procurement need the same diet as a high performance premier league athlete? I’m surprised this isn’t already a thing.

You do know that they’re not all sitting around one big plate, right?

How do you know they plan to sack the manager at all? How do you know if they are being indecisive?

But INEOS apparently have full control over football issues. At least that’s the dream people were sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.