Club Ownership | INEOS responsible for the football side

Status
Not open for further replies.
The club and players are on holiday or international duty. We don’t have a game until late July. What are you wittering on about?
They’d still surely like to know who their manager for next year is going to be before they all play in a major international tournament.

The big decisions that need to be settled soon:

1) ETH stay or back him? Get new manager?
2) What's our playing style moving forward?
3) Greenwood final stand and take swift action either way
4) Sancho to act swiftly sell or keep? This could affect moral of the team
5) Casemeiro to Saudi? To free up funds

We still have lots of player signing and leaving matters to deal with before next season.

Oh no, this is not good. From the way they are going, we are in for a troubled season imo.

2 weeks to decide on Ten Hag, 2 weeks to get another manager, so we will start July with a new manager.

Then the manager will want to look at the whole squad before deciding on who he wants to keep / sell, so mid to end of July.

We will probably panic buy in August and our new manager wont have his squad until next season.

Where have I seen this trend before..

With all the criticism Chelsea get at the moment, at least they have the ability to move quick in the market.

We still have lots of player signing and leaving matters to deal with before next season.
Resolving the Ashworth situation is more important than at least 4 of those, in terms of ensuring United become successful again

I suspect the first two have already been decided upon. The problem with the latter three points is they aren't completely in our control. Bids need to come in before we can handle them

Isn't Wilcox the only one who has started in any official capacity? Berrada doesn't start until July 13th and some of you lot want us to have a new manager, 5 signings and won the league by now. We won the FA cup 10 days ago and the transfer window doesn't even open for another 10 days... let alone having international competitions to contend with.

So they’d rather have everyone talking about it which distracts the club/the players. Makes them look weak. They gave us all the impression that they was going to be proactive and decisive.

"It's not going to change tomorrow. People unfortunately need to give us time to get back. It will be two to three seasons. Patience is needed. Spending money lavishly in the summer is not the solution, it is much more complicated than that."

"It's not a light switch. It's not one of these things that changes overnight.

"We have to be careful we don't rush at it in a way, you don't want to run to the wrong solution rather than walk to the correct solution."

That was my reading also.

This is massive, should put an end to the shitty leaks and the likes of TUS getting genuine info unless authorized.

City were notoriously tight lipped and ran a tight ship on this sort of thing, hopefully we will be the same now, team leaks...hopefully a thing of the past.

Isn't Wilcox the only one who has started in any official capacity? Berrada doesn't start until July 13th and some of you lot want us to have a new manager, 5 signings and won the league by now. We won the FA cup 10 days ago and the transfer window doesn't even open for another 10 days... let alone having international competitions to contend with.

Right, If that is the case, then how can we make a decision on the manager before the 13th?

So if we are to wait till Berrada comes, then review everything we will wait till the start of the season before we make a managerial change and signings?

Right, If that is the case, then how can we make a decision on the manager before the 13th?

So if we are to wait till Berrada comes, then review everything we will wait till the start of the season before we make a managerial change and signings?
Exactly. In which case it will be way to late if we wait until mid July to make any decision regarding the manager.

Whichever reporter said that a bunch of City officials/employees were looking to join United a week or so ago weren’t lying.

Then the manager will want to look at the whole squad before deciding on who he wants to keep / sell, so mid to end of July.

Part of the idea of the new structure is not to be so manager-dependent when it comes to building the squad.

Obviously the fact that the structure is not fully in place yet does not help. It's going to take time. Anyone reasonable knew that.

So they’d rather have everyone talking about it which distracts the club/the players. Makes them look weak. They gave us all the impression that they was going to be proactive and decisive.

Who outside of the caf is talking about it? There was a sprinkling of news before the FA Cup and absolutely nothing since.

This place thinks it's more important than what it is.

Part of the idea of the new structure is not to be so manager-dependent when it comes to building the squad.

Obviously the fact that the structure is not fully in place yet does not help. It's going to take time. Anyone reasonable knew that.

Okay, we can be reasonable.

So in your opinion, what is more important? Sort the structure, play style and a squad to suit that style?

Or manager?

Okay, we can be reasonable.

So in your opinion, what is more important? Sort the structure, play style and a squad to suit that style?

Or manager?

The former. If we do that right, it may eventually lead to success. At least we would be trying something different.

Just replacing the manager without having the rest will be no different to what we've seen in the last 11 years.

The former. If we do that right, it may eventually lead to success. At least we would be trying something different.

Just replacing the manager without having the rest will be no different to what we've seen in the last 11 years.

Agreed, however; the club are not doing that, we have no structure in place, yet the first thing we are doing is reviewing the manager, potentially sacking him.

We will hire a new manager, same players and 12 months from now blame the manager again.

Instead what they should concentrate on is building the structure, deciding on the players, new transfers and giving the manager the best chance to win.

If the club decide we want to play a high line with possession and technically sound players, the likes of McT, Maguire, Lindelof, Rashford, Garnacho do not work and they will need to be replaced.

IF they think we want to play a transitional style, Sancho, Antony and the like dont work.

Are there less leaks than usual? I can't be sure, but maybe it feels a little less leaky?

Agreed, however; the club are not doing that, we have no structure in place, yet the first thing we are doing is reviewing the manager, potentially sacking him.

We will hire a new manager, same players and 12 months from now blame the manager again.

Instead what they should concentrate on is building the structure, deciding on the players, new transfers and giving the manager the best chance to win.

If the club decide we want to play a high line with possession and technically sound players, the likes of McT, Maguire, Lindelof, Rashford, Garnacho do not work and they will need to be replaced.

IF they think we want to play a transitional style, Sancho, Antony and the like dont work.

We have no idea what's going on behind the scenes. It's quite possible that alongside Wilcox, who is already at the club, both Berrada and Ashworth are involved in discussions about the manager and, if it comes to that, a replacement.

In fact, maybe that's the reason it's taking so long - because rather than try to move forward with the people already at the club, we're trying to make the best decisions with people who will be part of United shortly and will lead the football side, but it's obviously harder to do it when those people are aboard yet.

I'm pretty sure that just like with the women's team, INEOS would have prefered to just keep the manager for another year as we build things are and people are settled into their roles. At the same time, last season was so bad you can't just ignore that and move forward without at least trying to see if things can be improved with the current manager.

It's a problem situation and I don't think there's a perfect solution. Which is why I won't judge INEOS for a while yet.

We have no idea what's going on behind the scenes. It's quite possible that alongside Wilcox, who is already at the club, both Berrada and Ashworth are involved in discussions about the manager and, if it comes to that, a replacement.

In fact, maybe that's the reason it's taking so long - because rather than try to move forward with the people already at the club, we're trying to make the best decisions with people who will be part of United shortly and will lead the football side, but it's obviously harder to do it when those people are aboard yet.

I'm pretty sure that just like with the women's team, INEOS would have prefered to just keep the manager for another year as we build things are and people are settled into their roles. At the same time, last season was so bad you can't just ignore that and move forward without at least trying to see if things can be improved with the current manager.

It's a problem situation and I don't think there's a perfect solution. Which is why I won't judge INEOS for a while yet.

Yes, we do not know what is happening but Berrada and Ashworth cant be involved with those discussions yet as they are on Garden leave.

The bolded part, is crucial because we are judging Ten Hag on last season but the replacements mentioned, Poch, Di Zerbi, Tuchel were all bad, so you cannot ignore that either.

You wont know if there is a perfect solution but ripping it all for managers that have had terrible seasons is not a good look either.

Yes, we do not know what is happening but Berrada and Ashworth cant be involved with those discussions yet as they are on Garden leave.

They shouldn't be involved, but we know how those thing work. It's a little more complicated as they have to be careful and avoid certain things - Ashworth won't be meeting with any potential managers, I'm sure - but I doubt they are out of the loop.

The bolded part, is crucial because we are judging Ten Hag on last season but the replacements mentioned, Poch, Di Zerbi, Tuchel were all bad, so you cannot ignore that either.

And maybe that's the issue? They are not focusing on last season, because if that was their focus then ETH would have been long gone. Maybe they are focusing on the way forward, how they want to conduct things, how they want to team to play, and who would be the best man to do that out of all the options - which would include ETH and other, available, managers.

You wont know if there is a perfect solution but ripping it all for managers that have had terrible seasons is not a good look either.

Nope, but we have to remember that Fergie's long gone and every manager has an off-season. Even Pep and Klopp had those. So hopefully our judgement will be better than that. And the important look would not be who we hire and what he did last season, but what he does - hopefully - over the next few seasons.

They shouldn't be involved, but we know how those thing work. It's a little more complicated as they have to be careful and avoid certain things - Ashworth won't be meeting with any potential managers, I'm sure - but I doubt they are out of the loop.

I agree, I dont think they will be out of the loop.

And maybe that's the issue? They are not focusing on last season, because if that was their focus then ETH would have been long gone. Maybe they are focusing on the way forward, how they want to conduct things, how they want to team to play, and who would be the best man to do that out of all the options - which would include ETH and other, available, managers.

Agreed, they can be looking at all of this however; in my opinion its silly for them to do this after the season ends. When they took over the club and made all these board appointments, that was the time to analyse. What style of play they want, what type of players they want, what manager they want, they had 6 months to do so, why wait till the end of the season ?

Nope, but we have to remember that Fergie's long gone and every manager has an off-season. Even Pep and Klopp had those. So hopefully our judgement will be better than that. And the important look would not be who we hire and what he did last season, but what he does - hopefully - over the next few seasons.

Agreed but again, this should have been done a while back, not at the end of the season.

The season finished a little over a week ago, anybody would think that the players would be back in for preseason tomorrow.

Transfer window isn't open yet, relax guys.

We have the most melodramatic ptsd fans. Wouldn’t it better, like with new players too, to give it some time before getting all sad and worked up and passing judgement. Every day on here. Bleat bleat bleat. Give it a rest. It’s a huge job.

Agreed, they can be looking at all of this however; in my opinion its silly for them to do this after the season ends. When they took over the club and made all these board appointments, that was the time to analyse. What style of play they want, what type of players they want, what manager they want, they had 6 months to do so, why wait till the end of the season ?

Yep, it should have all been decided already.

I don't know what's going on and I hope that us winning the FA Cup or unavailable managers suddenly becoming available didn't suddenly change things.

Like I said, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt because obviously we're still in the process of setting ourselves and the football department up.

When we actually see what comes out of it over the next few days (hopefully) we'll be able to start judging a bit better. I'm looking at the bottom line right now, in hope that in the future the proccess will be better as well.

Last edited:

Other clubs around us are signing players and we are just stood still, Chelsea have already signed Tosin and are deep in negotiations with Olise while we having made so much as an approach for him despite claims he was one of our primary targets.

INEOS are holding us back by dragging this out a lot longer than it needs to be, they should just announce his departure now instead of constantly delaying and delaying.

Other clubs around us are signing players and we are just stood still, Chelsea have already signed Tosin and are deep in negotiations with Olise while we having made so much as an approach for him despite claims he was one of our primary targets.

INEOS are holding us back by dragging this out a lot longer than it needs to be, they should just announce his departure now instead of constantly delaying and delaying.
Are they? Do you honestly think that if we have sacked him but haven’t announced it yet that it’s delaying us reaching out to transfer targets?

Are they? Do you honestly think that if we have sacked him but haven’t announced it yet that it’s delaying us reaching out to transfer targets?

Yes actually, there was a tweet from Fabrizio yesterday saying that once they have dealt with the review they will turn their attention to a RCB.

Realistically there won't be much transfer business til after the euros. Just how it goes.

Its quite clear he has been sacked and we cant sign players until a new manager is in place as any player we approach would want to know who they will be playing under if they sign.

Realistically there won't be much transfer business til after the euros. Just how it goes.

There is loads of transfer business being done at the moment, if we wait until after the Euro's or until the transfer window opens all of the players with cheap prices or release clauses will have already been snapped up plus if one of our targets has a really good tournament there will be more interest so his price with go right up.

Status
Not open for further replies.