Club Ownership | INEOS responsible for the football side

Status
Not open for further replies.
So much talk about how things would change... As indecisive as ever.

I think they've been a little slow with things and doesn't look like Ashworth will be ready in time for summer pending a major development.

The problem with the summer market is acting fast is decisive in avoiding drawn out negotiations or paying over the odds for players when it's on the brink of the new season

They need to resolve the manager conundrum as soon as possible.

Last edited:
Whatever’s going on in the background, the club/Ineos whoever needs to either make a statement that they are backing him or are letting him go in my opinion because it weirdly feels like we’re fecking about all over again.

That's the culture reset we've been waiting for.

The players are too important to mix with the common office rabble.
Considering their station, It's a kindness. Otherwise, you're cruelly tempting them with a glimpse of a world that's just beyond their soot-stained fingertips.

Isn't Wilcox the only one who has started in any official capacity? Berrada doesn't start until July 13th and some of you lot want us to have a new manager, 5 signings and won the league by now. We won the FA cup 10 days ago and the transfer window doesn't even open for another 10 days... let alone having international competitions to contend with.

100%.

i have posted before that this is going to take time but quite a large number of our fanbase want the carpets and sofas delivered while the foundations are still being laid.

I’ve seen nothing so far to suggest INEOS are going to be any different from the Glazers.

Dithered on sacking the manager to the point where he wins the FA cup and now fans are wanting to keep him, even though we had an entire season of terrible football.

Made no attempt to sign/loan players in January when we really needed a boost, particularly at LB when they let Regulion return to Spurs. We ended up with both our LBs injured all season and a third out on loan.

And they seem happy to play the long game with top level management remaining on gardening leave so none of these staff have actually come in yet.

From what I’ve seen so far I’m expecting very little to happen in the summer and they will blame the fact the staff haven’t come into the club yet. It will be another summer wasted.

With Klopp leaving Liverpool, Chelsea still vulnerable and potentially Pep’s last season this is our opportunity to strike.
Extremely disappointed with them after such a good start. As the saying goes : You had one job...
We are going to end up wasting this summer transfer window and will end up starting the new season with half a squad as by the time this ridiculous managerial saga has been sorted all of our main targets will have been snapped up by other clubs and we'll be left having to massively overpay for a player we didnt really want or settle for loans and ageing players who are available cheaply.
The decision making and timing on the manager should be a red flag, doesn't scream efficiency and strength. Ineos have talked a good game before this window, I will be surprised if they actually deliver on a clear out and rebuild properly. More of the same, dog with different flees like Glazers.
INEOS started well, everyone gave them credit for coming in and making early moves with Berrada, Wilcox and Ashworth.

We also saw reports they want to be more efficient etc...

However; what we have seen in the last few weeks is indecision from their part, almost clueless what to do.

The fact that the owner refuses to speak about the manager totally, shows a total lack of respect.

It is not a good start from them this window.
What is taking them so long for the review? Berrada and Ashworth not officially on board yet?

Either way, sack or back him should have been made clear last week. It's taking too long for SJR who like to sell himself to the media that he meant business, going to implement swift and effective changes, decisive and whatnot.

So far, it's looking like business as usual under Glazers, Ed, Arnold and Murtough.
Looking as incompetent or even worse than the Glazers with this.
It’s not on mine. But good. Pressure should be put on INEOS for incompetence.
So much talk about how things would change... As indecisive as ever.

I was absolutely spoiled for choice when it came to quoting a selection of the most dim witted posts I’ve seen in a while, but congratulations; you’ve all made the cut.

Having read the transfer and match day threads for many years now, I shouldn’t be amazed that so many posts seem to scrape the emotional and intellectual barrel. Yet, it’s still jarring to read.

This place has become some sort of an ignorant, impatient, mouth frothing, echo chamber over the last decade.

I was absolutely spoiled for choice when it came to quoting a selection of the most dim witted posts I’ve seen in a while, but congratulations; you’ve all made the cut.

Having read the transfer and match day threads for many years now, I shouldn’t be amazed that so many posts seem to scrape the emotional and intellectual barrel. Yet, it’s still jarring to read.

This place has become some sort of an ignorant, impatient, mouth frothing, echo chamber over the last decade.
If anyone wants to see a post bitching without any actual substance, take a look above.

If you dont like what you read. ignore it and move on.

The new declaration from chairman Jim banning the plebs from mixing with the players at mealtimes is just another step in taking us back to greatness all hail chairmen Jim

You’re at the opposite end of the spectrum. You’re just as bad and are in the ‘I worship Jim Club’ now. Congratulations.

We’re in a bad way and the expectations are high for the new owners. Criticism will be there in the short term until we see the change. It’s normal.

So you think they've handled this perfectly do you? If this was any other club you'd be pissing yourself at the indecisiveness.
Get off your high horse ffs.

You’re at the opposite end of the spectrum. You’re just as bad and are in the ‘I worship Jim Club’ now. Congratulations.

We’re in a bad way and the expectations are high for the new owners. Criticism will be there in the short term until we see the change. It’s normal.

Well said.

The new declaration from chairman Jim banning the plebs from mixing with the players at mealtimes is just another step in taking us back to greatness all hail chairmen Jim

Why would Sally Davis, working in training socks procurement need the same diet as a high performance premier league athlete? I’m surprised this isn’t already a thing.

Concerning to say the least all this uncertainty. They wanted him out and if they are scared of the public backlash then that doesn’t bode well going forward they are willing to bend to pressure.

Unacceptable from a club point of view but also the manager he’s been made to look like a fecking moron. Interviewing people for the job whilst he’s still in charge? How moronic can you get.

Just because you disagree with those posts and opinions it doesnt mean they are dim witted and wrong, people are entitled to their own opinion whatever that is.

Concerning to say the least all this uncertainty. They wanted him out and if they are scared of the public backlash then that doesn’t bode well going forward they are willing to bend to pressure.

Unacceptable from a club point of view but also the manager he’s been made to look like a fecking moron. Interviewing people for the job whilst he’s still in charge? How moronic can you get.
Cut them some slack, they're still learning how to run a big club. Save your criticism for 2030 maybe.

Yep, but apparently we need to give them time. Things dont turn around quickly I am told. They have had 6 months! how much longer do they need to judge a manager?

It is unacceptable. People say things cant change but I will give a recent example.

Newcastle got taken over in Oct 2021, fighting relegation.

By the summer of 22, they had a structure in place, manager in place and signings. Bye the start of the next season 9 new players were brought to the club including the likes of Bruno, Isaak and Botman.

We are a bigger club, yet we are told we have to wait 2/3 years to see any improvement or the new regime's policies will be seen 18 months after the club been bought.

Don't forget INEOS have had experience with Nice and are still acting like they have no idea how a football club is run.

Regardless if you think the manager is good enough of not, its totally disrespectful to have his future in the air for 6 months.

Whilst interviewing other candidates, even the managers linked are all different styles. From Southgate to DI Zerbi. To me it looks like they are just winging it.

Status
Not open for further replies.