Club Ownership | INEOS responsible for the football side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to remember City were not cleared of all the UEFA charges. It was just those charges were time-barred. Very different from being cleared.

Well, it could be the same for PL charges with tricks up the sleeves from their team of world class lawyers. Their CEO Khaldoon sounds super confident that they had done nothing wrong. He even laughed off the 115 charges.

Well, it could be the same for PL charges with tricks up the sleeves from their team of world class lawyers. Their CEO Khaldoon sounds super confident that they had done nothing wrong. He even laughed off the 115 charges.

Wait are we still believing City might get done?

Because he’s an arrogant cnut. He’s hardly going to start crying and admitting guilt in public is he.

UEFA rules had an express 5 year time bar provision. Premier League rules don't. The Premier League will have been very sure to check the time bar rules before proceeding with the charges as they'll be on the hook for City's huge legal bill.

Really? Did the other clubs needs 3 years and 600mil?
Were the other clubs under new ownership/control after years of poor management?
Let INEOS and Erik work, we know if he doesn’t get results they will move on, and have contingencies for such an eventuality now. We have a stable and competent structure now, and they are all pulling together to right the ship. Give it time, we will come good.

It feels like the squad and especially the new players can be taken over by any other manager for continuity. Huge difference

As I watch our rivals win comfortably, I suppose any kind of comforting feeling I can get from that is those teams haven’t really had the squad turnover and board turnover that we’ve had the past few months. We’ve had a right load of junk at the club thanks to Glazer incompetence and seeing a load of them leave feels liberating. Williams and Martial are still without clubs and we were paying them a combined sum of just over £300k a week recently. Arnold and Murtough axed and then the footballing executive team essentially trebled in size with not only much more suitable people, but people with impressive CVs.

Our front line options are young and inexperienced, with the most experienced attacker in Rashford being extremely flaky this past 18 months. The second most experienced attacker in Sancho clearly not wanting to be here and us not wanting him here.

Our midfield is still imbalanced. We need more players who can actually sit in midfield and try to enforce control and less attacking midfielders.

I don’t get the feeling INEOS are particularly besotted with ETH, and think they will dump him if we start looking like last season again by November time.

On the plus side, I think our first team defensive options are looking much better with the players bought as well as the youth players who aren’t far away from reaching the first team. Maguire and Lindelof will more than likely be gone this time next year which will free up another £300k a week or so. I like the youth transfers we’ve been making as well. God knows whether they’ll be good enough for our aspired level but hopefully we can manage them with the right loans and career movements in a way that if they weren’t good enough, we ultimately haven’t exposed them too much and we can sell them for a good price to help future recruitment. Under Glazer management, it felt like any youth player who can just about hang in there in the first team for a few games got an £80k a week 5 year contract from Woodward and then we’re stuck with them because the honeymoon period was over and that player actually wasn’t that good.
I think the fact it’s their first window after only just getting the big signings back of house in, would make it a bit hectic and keeping TH was the easy option at this time. I expect a more smoother path in other windows as well as if we change manager

Good start if this is what they can do with a team assembled quite close to the widow then it bodes well for the future.

Fair play they've held up their side of the bargain and are backing Ten Hag. Now time for him to get this team playing some actual football instead of whatever they've been playing for the last year.

10/10 already. The bonus now is if they could sell Sancho and Lindelof too. Also, add a striker?

10/10 already. The bonus now is if they could sell Sancho and Lindelof too. Also, add a striker?

Stuck with Lindelof due to injury unfortunately, maybe cheap experienced striker is doable if we could get a loan fee for Sancho. I also still say there is a deal to be done for Rabiot as a free agent.

They’ve been brilliant. They’ve achieved almost everything they set out to do.

This is what many fans have been saying for years and it’s only the first few months !!!

Get the right people running the club and success will eventually come back. Good value signings, some decent sales and not an awful lot of drama. Oh and no chasing one players for most of the transfer window , only to either miss out or splurge a load of cash in desperation at somebody else cause you are incapable of multi tasking and having more then one target.

Imagine this sort of professionalism over 2-3 seasons. Won’t matter what manager we have , the worst we will get is just top 4 and maybe a cup.

Clown show is over , adults finally in the corridors of Old Trafford again.

We are still chasing one target for a longer period of time in some respect. It was the case with De Ligt, Mazraoui, Ugarte. Yoro was the surprise bomba, that got sorted quickly.

Where I'm impressed with INEOS so far is:
  • Ability to get their primary targets, which have been already identified before
  • Negotiate reasonable transfer fees, where before, that final transfer fee was always higher then initially reported. We ended paying more on initially reported fees for Martinez, Hojlund, Antony, Mount etc.
  • The tendency now with most of the transfer fees is that it will eventually come down, or better deal will be struck. Only exception here is Yoro, but I understand the logic behind paying a bit of a premium for a huge young potential
  • Walking away from ridiculous priced players, like Branthwaite, who can decimate the transfer budget
  • Selling Players, and selling them for some nice fees, most of them. Feels like INEOS has sold more players in one transfer window that the club combined since 2013
  • Identifying players that are not fit for duty or are carrying too much baggage, and moving them on. I have a feeling that some players are on their last chance here, and will be moved next summer, as INEOS don't want too many outgoing in one window. Rashford, Malacia, Antony, all to be sold next summer.
So much to like about them at the moment. Personally, don't like the Sterling potential swap deal, but it sounds like the necessary evil at the minute.

Just looking at the players sales list you know Murtough would have kept all of them.

Just looking at the players sales list you know Murtough would have kept all of them.

I don’t think that was totally Murtoughs fault. It was always the glazers prerogative to get shite players to sign new deals and they had final call.

SJR has taken over and he has actual ambition and he knows the squad needs a major overhaul and a specific direction. We need to start taking risks in the transfer market. All these new players have lots of potential but not all will make it. Hopefully INEOS keep the recruitment drive up at this pace consistently for a few years and we will be sound then. The Glazers were nearly totally negligent, they would never have got us back on top.

Last edited:
Were the other clubs under new ownership/control after years of poor management?
Let INEOS and Erik work, we know if he doesn’t get results they will move on, and have contingencies for such an eventuality now. We have a stable and competent structure now, and they are all pulling together to right the ship. Give it time, we will come good.

Good post mate. It may not work out under Ten Hag but I'm confident they'll get the right guy in when he goes.

Yep certainly a positive and encouraging start with (exec level changes with “best in class”arriving ), training ground revamp , the stadium project and wider regeneration of the area, and the first window

There is an article on the Athletic that raises a number of questions drawing on quite a detailed analysis of the troubles INEOS have had in their cycling team . Well worth reading. You could raise similar concerns over their investment in Merc F1, Americas Cup, Nice, Lausanne and even the Automotive venture ……but first moves at United are encouraging

Yep certainly a positive and encouraging start with (exec level changes with “best in class”arriving ), training ground revamp , the stadium project and wider regeneration of the area, and the first window

There is an article on the Athletic that raises a number of questions drawing on quite a detailed analysis of the troubles INEOS have had in their cycling team . Well worth reading. You could raise similar concerns over their investment in Merc F1, Americas Cup, Nice, Lausanne and even the Automotive venture ……but first moves at United are encouraging
Another big positive for me is the sell-on clause we have on all the outgoing transfers.

It just feels like we will make soo much money in the coming season from all these clauses.

If we can do this with all the academy sales in future then I can see this as a very good revenue line that could go a long into building our transfer kitty.

Give -10% of this figure.

Around 65m in wages.. Give or take 60m in wages.

Not even the global figure is the issue, but in paying over 60m to these players, what do they bring back to the club?

Massive props to INEOS for undoing the damage done to the club by Woodward and Murtough over the last 10+ years. They accomplished a great deal with the transfers ins and outs and now it's up to the manager to respond with tactics that capitalize on the strengths of the players he has and to reduce the playing time of underperforming players.

Massive props to INEOS for undoing the damage done to the club by Woodward and Murtough over the last 10+ years. They accomplished a great deal with the transfers ins and outs and now it's up to the manager to respond with tactics that capitalize on the strengths of the players he has and to reduce the playing time of underperforming players.

Step 1

These guys aren’t accepting passengers. If I was Rashford id be nervous at this point. I would imagine using common sense that the perfect squad would consist of a top player in their prime starting with a hungry young player snapping at his heels for a place and a few frees and older players as backup.

Been a fantastic window, fair play to Ratcliffe and co.

What's really good is it puts further impetus on the manager to perform.

Hearing Ashworth's comments about being competitive across all competitions I'm not convinced (as many have alluded too) that a finish below top four will be acceptable. I think INEOS will view lack of qualification for the UCL as a failure especially considering the commercial interests it generates.

There's no excuses this season.

They bottled the decision in the summer. They now have a two week international break to put it right or this season is over.

They bottled the decision in the summer. They now have a two week international break to put it right or this season is over.

As shite as Ten Hag is, what alternatives do/did we have? Southgate(who I would absolutely despise seeing as a manager and think he would do even worse)?
That said, wouldn't surprise me if the patience Ratcliffe and Berada has with Eth is minimal given the time they took the decision to keep him.

Fully behind sacking ETH at the spot now, but struggling to see who we bring in.

Wouldn't surprise me if they give Ruud a go until we find a proper replacement.

The signs arent good so far. Zirkzee is so far from a top level player is embarrassing. How could anybody scout him and not see that? He would struggle for a bottom half team.

They've done some good things. Keeping ETH was an appalling decision that risks undoing all the good they've done.

As shite as Ten Hag is, what alternatives do/did we have? Southgate(who I would absolutely despise seeing as a manager and think he would do even worse)?
That said, wouldn't surprise me if the patience Ratcliffe and Berada has with Eth is minimal given the time they took the decision to keep him.

Fully behind sacking ETH at the spot now, but struggling to see who we bring in.

Wouldn't surprise me if they give Ruud a go until we find a proper replacement.
This. There’s nobody with whom we can replace him permanently available right now.

They've done some good things. Keeping ETH was an appalling decision that risks undoing all the good they've done.
It doesn’t because whoever the next manager is has a fairly decent foundation to build on, if they let him relegate us, sure. But we’ve got a fair bit of talent in this team, it’s just being managed appallingly.

I would’ve given it to Tuchel. He might’ve fell out with everyone within 18 months but it surely couldn’t be worse than this.

This is the level INEOS accepted by keeping him in the summer.

They now have the international break to rectify their mistake.

Do it or it’s another wasted season.

Status
Not open for further replies.