Club Ownership | INEOS responsible for the football side

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was weak leadership to keep him. They basically just said feck it because we won one match.

Ineos need to admit their mistakes of keeping ETH and act on it immediately? The FA Mickey Mouse Cup really fecked us. Nvm finished 8th and no style of play at all. The fecking Mickey Mouse Cup was all that mattered.

It was weak leadership to keep him. They basically just said feck it because we won one match.
That's absolutely what it was, which is terrifying. They need to change this as soon as possible. We are going nowhere.

Annoys me but knee jerk reactions is not something they will contemplate…just because of the players they brought in this summer and the BS blueprint Eric sold them . But even the dogs on the street know he should have been gone last year. Structure and shape is so off, attack nonexistent, players devoid of confidence…all this is the managers and coaches job and we see no light at the end of this dark tunnel

The signs arent good so far. Zirkzee is so far from a top level player is embarrassing. How could anybody scout him and not see that? He would struggle for a bottom half team.

Or we could give him a few months and see? It’s not like Liverpool is an easy game. Jesus lads. I get it we are disappointed but he was the young player of the year in Italy. He’s talented.

We must admit that Liverpool is a very well run club. The way they replaced one of the best managers of all time with ease is super impressive. Their succession plan is perfect.

Meanwhile, we are struggling to replace a manager that finished 8th who can't coach defence, midfield or attack. Let that sink in.

First mistake they have made was giving ETH a contract extension. Other than two cup wins, I cannot see any sort of argument that will convince me that it was the right choice to do so.

Or we could give him a few months and see? It’s not like Liverpool is an easy game. Jesus lads. I get it we are disappointed but he was the young player of the year in Italy. He’s taltalented.
He isn't up to it. It's like signing Mount. The vast majority were against the signing. Same goes for De Ligt. Players who haven't the ability at top clubs.

We must admit that Liverpool is a very well run club. The way they replaced one of the best managers of all time with ease is super impressive. Their succession plan is perfect.

Meanwhile, we are struggling to replace a manager that finished 8th who can't coach defence, midfield or attack. Let that sink in.

Without giving him 600m

I, like everyone else was encouraged when they started making exciting, sensible backroom changes.

But it absolutely is a "mark" against them (whatever you want to call it) that they kept Ten Hag on and continued to let him make his own signings.

Just a stupid decision.

You could've gotten your own man in and let him have preseason to implement his style but no, now we've wasted more money and more time until he inevitably gets sacked.

Obviously it's way too early but I've lost a tiny bit of faith in them. How could they be happy after last season and be swayed (like a lot of our fans) by the FA Cup win.

Should've been ruthless.

We'll see what they're made of in the next few weeks/months.

Having a disfunctional team is a vicious cycle. Difficult to fix unless a mass exodus and replacement.

They may well be blamed for keeping EtH but also how bad is our squad still? The lack of depth on the bench today was shocking, the attack is so out form and inexperienced, and the midfield is still so light and lacks midfielders who CONTROL games - which will get EtH sacked because of the style he's playing is suicidal

absolute shocking first window that's not been criticised by a lot of fans because of the amount of players they've sold.

Everyone is still in the honeymoon era where Ineos staff get praised everytime they blow their nose, but they really badly bungled the manager decision this preseason

They don't have a replacement.

Unless you want Southgate, Potter or another
mediocrity like Frank.

Brendan Rodgers, anyone?

They may well be blamed for keeping EtH but also how bad is our squad still? The lack of depth on the bench today was shocking, the attack is so out form and inexperienced, and the midfield is still so light and lacks midfielders who CONTROL games - which will get EtH sacked because of the style he's playing is suicidal

absolute shocking first window that's not been criticised by a lot of fans because of the amount of players they've sold.

We’ve bought two new centre backs, a new attacker, a new full back and a new central midfielder. How is that a shocking window?

We’ve bought two new centre backs, a new attacker, a new full back and a new central midfielder. How is that a shocking window?
We've mostly added in defence - but it's useless as our midfield isn't good enough to protect them. Ugarte may bring defensive midfield traits but we have ZERO midfielders who controls the pace of games. The attacker is isn't even a proper striker or a prolific goal scorer

we haven't improved midfield and attacking as much, if anyone genuinely thinks that, then you're deluding yourself

Everyone is still in the honeymoon era where Ineos staff get praised everytime they blow their nose, but they really badly bungled the manager decision this preseason
Their work in the summer window has been fine but they did bottle the managerial decision. A single result should have never decided on a manager's fate. They should have let him go and rolled the dice on Motta or Tuchel or someone else.

Another blunder was giving Bruno a new contract. Surely will come back to bite us in the ass.

Feck me. New excuses for ETH again? What's next? He should be given 1 bil and 5 season before he can coach defence, midfield and attack?

Ineos bungled
1. Giving ETH new contract.
2. Giving Bruno new contract.

I am very suspicious of them in employee management, after those two grave mistakes.
Liverpool did replace Klopp without giving Slot big money. Why, because Liverpool management wants the coach to prove himself first in some way - - - ( coach the existing players first then we will fund new acquisition ) seems this line of thinking is alien to Ineos.

Feck me. New excuses for ETH again? What's next? He should be given 1 bil and 5 season before he can coach defence, midfield and attack?
Im NOT excusing EtH , I've said 2 posts before INEOS are also to be blamed for keeping EtH

My big concern is that the players we've signed, with the possible exception of Ugarte, look like they've been made specifically for Ten Hag. I don't know what they were thinking there. You can keep him on without putting all of your eggs in the Ten Hag basket.

Overall I'm impressed by INEOS so far but they are in a dire situation here and a bit of it is self inflicted.

You'd wonder how some of these people are smart enough to be billionaires, yet choose to offer a new contract to a manager off the back of a one-off game with a freak result where we put 10 men behind the ball.

Their work in the summer window has been fine but they did bottle the managerial decision. A single result should have never decided on a manager's fate. They should have let him go and rolled the dice on Motta or Tuchel or someone else.

Another blunder was giving Bruno a new contract. Surely will come back to bite us in the ass.
For sure. Ridiculous that the club had to bend over for him

We needed to sign 3 CMs. We signed 1 on the last day of the window and now he is fecking off to South America to play international football. He will be back late on a Wednesday and we play on the Saturday at 12.30pm.

If we were only signing 1 CM we should've got him in early.

Status
Not open for further replies.