Club Ownership | INEOS responsible for the football side

Status
Not open for further replies.
We needed to sign 3 CMs. We signed 1.
It's crazy how 'football people' at INEOS thought a central midfield options of Ugarte, Case and Mainoo is enough....and under EtH on top of that

What am I missing here that people are thinking it's been a good window? Outgoings, yeh, defensively yeh, that's really it.

We needed to sign 3 CMs. We signed 1 on the last day of the window and now he is fecking off to South America to play international football. He will be back late on a Wednesday and we play on the Saturday at 12.30pm.

If we were only signing 1 CM we should've got him in early.
Yeah this is the bottom-line

We needed to sign 3 CMs. We signed 1 on the last day of the window and now he is fecking off to South America to play international football. He will be back late on a Wednesday and we play on the Saturday at 12.30pm.

If we were only signing 1 CM we should've got him in early.
Big mistake. De Ligt is not a major upgrade over Maguire. That money should have been spent on another CM instead. McTominay is a better CDM than Casemiro so another mistake to place so much trust on an agening Casemiro.

Looks like Woody had higher expectations for manager. Failed to get Top 4, off you go. Here we are keeping a manager who finish 8th with shocking style of play.

Ineos need to act fast to save our season. I can't see anyway back for ETH. His tactics not suitable for PL. His style of play is too slow and one dimensional. Players are static and don't make run.

How can Liverpool replaced Klopp with such ease? Think again.

Well, the one important factor is that the complete starting 11 is the same like under Klopp, so you have players that have been well-drilled, and the coaching is at the minimum. On the other hand, you have United, who are bedding in Mazraoui, De Ligt, Zirkzee, and in the coming period Ugarte. From the outfield players, that's 40%, close to half a new team. Take a look at the midfield today for United, 19-year-old Mainoo and 20-year-old Collyer, who have never ever played together in the Premier League until today.

I'd like to clarify one thing. Please don't take the written above as a justification for the results Ten Hag is having. He should be beating Fulham and Brighton. I only wrote the above to give a bit of context to the shallow preconception that Slot has done wonders at Liverpool, while he beat newly promoted Ipswich and Brentford at home. I will tip my hat off to him if he wins something.

I'm telling you right now Chelsea are on the way to surpassing us, some just can't see it yet.

Just like Arsenal have surpassed us in the last 2 years, Liverpool in the last 6 and City in the last 10+ years.

I see some of our fans laugh at Chelsea as if they're some garbage team. Check their last 15 or so games. They're quietly building to get to that next level of the teams I just mentioned.

It's exactly what we should be doing but we're not.

(Signing young technically proficient players and hired a manager who wants to play modern football and keep the ball)

I'm telling you right now Chelsea are on the way to surpassing us, some just can't see it yet.

Just like Arsenal have surpassed us in the last 2 years, Liverpool in the last 6 and City in the last 10+ years.

I see some of our fans laugh at Chelsea as if they're some garbage team. Check their last 15 or so games. They're quietly building to get to that next level of the teams I just mentioned.

(Signing young technically proficient players and hired a manager who wants to play modern football and keep the ball)
On the way? They finished above us last season, I'd say they're already there.

INEOS should be sounding out potential replacements as we speak. I don’t believe for one second there isn’t a candidate out there that can be an improvement on the current bluffer we’ve got in the dugout.

Does anyone remember what happened with the whole Tuchel situation?

He rejected us or we rejected him? Or did he want to take a break?

I remember there was some news that he met with Jimmy in Monaco.

Does anyone remember what happened with the whole Tuchel situation?

He rejected us or we rejected him? Or did he want to take a break?

I remember there was some news that he met with Jimmy in Monaco.
BBC reported that it was Tuchel who declined, referring to the need of taking a break. But he did meet Ratcliffe, so why the feck would he even bother to meet if he knew he was not interested. Sounds fishy. Less reputable sources have rumored that Tuchel spilled coffee on Ratcliffe's favorite blazer and it got to Sir Jim trying to head-butt him Conte-style

It's crazy how 'football people' at INEOS thought a central midfield options of Ugarte, Case and Mainoo is enough....and under EtH on top of that

What am I missing here that people are thinking it's been a good window? Outgoings, yeh, defensively yeh, that's really it.
We also needed about three new attackers. But bringing in about 10 new players was never realistic.

They're not quietly building. They're very loudly buying tonnes and tonnes of players and will have no end of problems moving the failures on without a huge financial hit.

Unlike Chelsea they've spent a while in the mire as usually their ruthlessness gets them back competing quickly

I think they've done alright in the summer. Their next big challenge is the decision around ETH. As a club we historically tend to delay the sacking of a manager until the season is beyond repair. I have a feeling that they won't be any different.

Looks like Woody had higher expectations for manager. Failed to get Top 4, off you go. Here we are keeping a manager who finish 8th with shocking style of play.

Ineos need to act fast to save our season. I can't see anyway back for ETH. His tactics not suitable for PL. His style of play is too slow and one dimensional. Players are static and don't make run.

They’re not going to sack him three games in, after just deciding to keep him and giving him a new contract. Just to manage expectations here.

The reasons they didn't sack him were pretty obvious:
1. a lack of suitable replacement that would suit their style and be substantially better than Ten Hag.
2. They identified the structure/environment wasn't good enough for a manager to succeed in. Ten Hag was therefore afforded more time to see if fixing that alone would be enough, it doesn't look to be enough.
3. Gaining a reputation for being trigger happy, also the Fa cup win weirdly changed the fan sentiment massively. So, it added pressure of sacking a manager on a high, and a feeling of what would have been if the next guy wasn't immediately successful.

Regardless of the decision to extend his contract, he won't be given the same leeway he had last season if we continue on this trajectory. He will be sacked by Christmas. It's shocking that despite a full change of coaching staff, the gap in midfield and defense have persisted, probably due to Ten Hag insisting on his tactics.

We have a good squad that should be fighting for top 4, lots of exciting and potentially world class talent in the academy too. The pieces are set now, all that's needed is a world-class manager to bring it all together.

I’d say it’s pretty clear the INEOS cabal do not trust ETH when they’re meeting potential candidates as he’s on holiday. That’s the one saving grace they have in this current mess. They didn’t kneejerk and hand him a brand new shiny deal based on one game. They just rolled over the last bit of his original contract a month after the season ended. Ratcliffe hasn’t exactly given him a ringing endorsement publicly either.

They don’t see him as their manager going forward, especially when they’re selling players he wants to keep like McTominay and buy players they had to persuade him with like Ugarte. It seems like they’ve very reluctantly given him one last chance as they bide their time. I hope to god they’ve got someone in mind come October because I do not see this turning around at all.

They’re not going to sack him three games in, after just deciding to keep him and giving him a new contract. Just to manage expectations here.
Was it a new contract though or just triggering the one year extension of his current one?

The latter. It wouldn't shock me if ETH is let go next Summer, if the right target is identified but cannot start before then.
Next summer is another year of my life gone watching this crap.

They have to be decisive in fixing their original error.

I knew from the beginning of the window that our midfield was our weakest spot, and I didnt understand why posters here were adamant about stocking up CBs(even wanting 3 new ones), over you know, midfielders when our options cant even run(Casemiro, Eriksen etc).

That's why I thought it was a 8/10 window, good job on outgoings, but midfield remains an issue. Forward line has many young players who will need to click, and defence will never look good due to our suicidal tactics.

On top of that, they renewed Bruno's contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.