Club Ownership | INEOS responsible for the football side

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m glad you’ve said this, needed to be said. I agree completely. The amount of player breakdowns we’ve seen across the league last season makes it much more likely to be a fatigue problem caused by too many games than a specific problem with the club. Modern footballers are basically flogged to death in the pursuit of revenue and profit.
Also, INEOS have looked at the medical department. They've let go of a bunch of the physios and doctors and brought in a whole new team under that guy from Arsenal to shake things up.

Not even a year in and I'm confident in saying that Manchester United have the most exciting, and most ambitious footballing project in world football.

I think we could be entering a similar era that Bayern and Madrid entered around 2009 when they both got their shit together and as a result both have been mainstays of the footballing elite for close to two decades by now, and both have enjoyed one of their most successful eras ever.

Consider everything Ineos have done and the plans they've revealed in less than 12 months' time + our young talents in the first team squad + several world class talents in the academy.

Not even a year in and I'm confident in saying that Manchester United have the most exciting, and most ambitious footballing project in world football.

I think we could be entering a similar era that Bayern and Madrid entered around 2009 when they both got their shit together and as a result both have been mainstays of the footballing elite for close to two decades by now, and both have enjoyed one of their most successful eras ever.

Consider everything Ineos have done and the plans they've revealed in less than 12 months' time + our young talents in the first team squad + several world class talents in the academy.

Just wish they could have spent more this summer, unfortunately the previous regime left such a bloated squad on too higher wages that was not possible

Just wish they could have spent more this summer, unfortunately the previous regime left such a bloated squad on too higher wages that was not possible

Uhm...we're probably not even halfway done with our signings this summer?

more of this type of positive and reasoned post please, that warmed the heart.

If this all starts to come together we will be in a great position to dominate the EPL again within 2-3 years. City will eventually tail off with Pep leaving and their crimes being found out. Liverpool will drop off again with no Klopp and a slightly mean ownership. Arsenal i expect to peak this season or next season, they won't dominate but they should pick up a title or 2. Spurs are Spurs. Newcastle and Villa have the resources to challenge over the medium term (a bit like us) so we need to keep an eye on them.

more of this type of positive and reasoned post please, that warmed the heart.

If this all starts to come together we will be in a great position to dominate the EPL again within 2-3 years. City will eventually tail off with Pep leaving and their crimes being found out. Liverpool will drop off again with no Klopp and a slightly mean ownership. Arsenal i expect to peak this season or next season, they won't dominate but they should pick up a title or 2. Spurs are Spurs. Newcastle and Villa have the resources to challenge over the medium term (a bit like us) so we need to keep an eye on them.

I think dominating will be difficult. I expect the competition to be very high even after Pep leaves.

Well one things for certain in their ownership so far, they're being bloody tested. Between the indecisive managerial situation, and injuries already popping up, forcing them to make very quick decisions regarding our transfer plans, it's going to be interesting to see how it all pans out.

Anyone know why have we signed all these different directors and people in charge above Ten Hag when Ten Hag is again bringing his ex players? We will just ignore that nothing has changed in that department and that manager is again the one who is picking his targets rather than people above him like at other well run clubs, or we just believe we are accidentally just picking these players and it's pure random thing that they have played under Ten Hag?

Anyone know why have we signed all these different directors and people in charge above Ten Hag when Ten Hag is again bringing his ex players? We will just ignore that nothing has changed in that department and that manager is again the one who is picking his targets rather than people above him like at other well run clubs, or we just believe we are accidentally just picking these players and it's pure random thing that they have played under Ten Hag?
The only two players we've signed this summer had never played for EtH in their careers this far.

The only two players we've signed this summer had never played for EtH in their careers this far.

And other two we are doing our best to sign have both played under him, so that would be 50% players for this year alone. Also Zirkzee is another Dutch player so there's that too.

And other two we are doing our best to sign have both played under him, so that would be 50% players for this year alone. Also Zirkzee is another Dutch player so there's that too.
What does it matter if he's Dutch? There's a lot of Dutch footballers, for such a small country they've historically produced a lot of top players. You don't want us to sign the next Robben or RvP if they pop up somewhere EtH once stopped to take a shit in the local motorway services?

Bayern want to get rid, because of EtH they want to come here, so we might get a good deal for them. If there were better players that were more affordable, we'd be going for them.

Everton want £70m for Branthwaite, Palace will probably ask something similar for Guehi. These are the prices we'd face for other players that would improve our defence.

You're getting upset over nothing.

I think dominating will be difficult. I expect the competition to be very high even after Pep leaves.
I don't think anyone will dominate for a while.

We might see a repeat of the first few years after Fergie left where there were four different winners from 2014 - 2017.

What does it matter if he's Dutch? There's a lot of Dutch footballers, for such a small country they've historically produced a lot of top players. You don't want us to sign the next Robben or RvP if they pop up somewhere EtH once stopped to take a shit in the local motorway services?

Bayern want to get rid, because of EtH they want to come here, so we might get a good deal for them. If there were better players that were more affordable, we'd be going for them.

Everton want £70m for Branthwaite, Palace will probably ask something similar for Guehi. These are the prices we'd face for other players that would improve our defence.

You're getting upset over nothing.

It matters because we shouldn't be sigining players based on recommendation from our manager because he has proved many times that he is not good at that, and long term we will be screwed with his players here when inevitably the new manager comes.

It matters because we shouldn't be sigining players based on recommendation from our manager because he has proved many times that he is not good at that, and long term we will be screwed with his players here when inevitably the new manager comes.
How does this even make sense. We just spout what other people say over and over again till it becomes believable. The players he signed have helped us to two trophies in two years. We are the second most successful English side in that time. What is even this? The so called failed signings were not done by EtH himself. The manager wants people who trusts his style of football and has identified a blend of players he's worked with before as well as fresh faces who are often Dutch that will get him there in place of perennial failures from previous teams.

At this time, his signings, promotions or players he gave sufficient game time are still the best or most promising players at the club. In the defense, Licha is the best defender. In midfield Mainoo, in attack, Garnacho.
There have been duds and common sense fans expected that to be the case. The recruitment team who negotiated fees are responsible for the crap decisions that inflated costs. Not the manager. Every manager has duds - repeated millions spent in the defense by Pep indicates he got it wrong for a while before getting it right, don't get me started on Klopp - Karius was a disaster, Grujic offered nothing, donkey Nunez, Gravenberch almost out the door but because Klopp won a league title and a champions league while strong rival City swept everything, he's a great manager with fantastic signings. All this "ETH bad at identifying players" narrative at United needs to stop, it's been amplified to ridiculous levels, it reeks of sinister agenda. All managers aren't sitting idly waiting for the recruitment team to sign players they are clueless about and force them to work it out. They have to recommend and make choices and if in this case he believes more dutch players and more ex players would get him to build the foundational culture and immediate style of play the club demands so be it. I am sick and tired of watching those old failures struggling to press effectively or control basic passes or do basic football things.

You need to spend less time reading what people post on Twitter

You need to spend less time reading what people post on Twitter

You need to avoid responding to things you don't agree with or have counter argument.

How does this even make sense. We just spout what other people say over and over again till it becomes believable. The players he signed have helped us to two trophies in two years. We are the second most successful English side in that time. What is even this? The so called failed signings were not done by EtH himself. The manager wants people who trusts his style of football and has identified a blend of players he's worked with before as well as fresh faces who are often Dutch that will get him there in place of perennial failures from previous teams.

At this time, his signings, promotions or players he gave sufficient game time are still the best or most promising players at the club. In the defense, Licha is the best defender. In midfield Mainoo, in attack, Garnacho.
There have been duds and common sense fans expected that to be the case. The recruitment team who negotiated fees are responsible for the crap decisions that inflated costs. Not the manager. Every manager has duds - repeated millions spent in the defense by Pep indicates he got it wrong for a while before getting it right, don't get me started on Klopp - Karius was a disaster, Grujic offered nothing, donkey Nunez, Gravenberch almost out the door but because Klopp won a league title and a champions league while strong rival City swept everything, he's a great manager with fantastic signings. All this "ETH bad at identifying players" narrative at United needs to stop, it's been amplified to ridiculous levels, it reeks of sinister agenda. All managers aren't sitting idly waiting for the recruitment team to sign players they are clueless about and force them to work it out. They have to recommend and make choices and if in this case he believes more dutch players and more ex players would get him to build the foundational culture and immediate style of play the club demands so be it. I am sick and tired of watching those old failures struggling to press effectively or control basic passes or do basic football things.

Oh great, let's make Ten Hag's time here look great! I seriously don't want to argue all of that, I said he has signed some terrible player with no value after year or two and you haven't responded to any of that but created completely new scenario.

This is such a boring argument.
As previously states, the two players we have bought so far have nothing to do with the manager.
If it wasn't for a rule stopping us, Todibo would have been signed as well.
As for De Ligt, if Everton dropped their demands for Branthwaite today, we'd more than likely sign him over De Ligt.
De Ligt is also a starter for Bayern, so it's not as if we're buying any random Dutch player just cause.

Antony is the one player from Holland who has flopped. You cant really say that about anybody else.
Martinez has been a huge success.
Malacia for the price is fine, and looked alright before an injury.
Onana has been Shakey for sure, but lets see him with a better defence behind him first

As previously states, the two players we have bought so far have nothing to do with the manager.
As for De Ligt, if Everton dropped their demands for Branthwaite today, we'd more than likely sign him over De Ligt.
De Ligt is also a starter for Bayern, so it's not as if we're buying any random Dutch player just cause.

Antony is the one player from Holland who has flopped. You cant really say that about anybody else.
Onana has been Shakey for sure, but lets see him with a better defence behind him first

I hope they go in front of him to be honest.

You need to avoid responding to things you don't agree with or have counter argument.

Oh great, let's make Ten Hag's time here look great! I seriously don't want to argue all of that, I said he has signed some terrible player with no value after year or two and you haven't responded to any of that but created completely new scenario.
I did have a counter argument, which was that you were a victim of hyperbole.

The only player we've really signed under EtH, that he'd worked with before, and who's been a massive waste of money is Antony.

We can argue the merits of each individual signing, but your argument is that he has picked every player we've signed personally and only goes for players he's worked with or who are Dutch. That just isn't as true as people like to make out.

I haven't said his time here has been a huge success, but I'm not going to attack his record with a lie. My main concerns with EtH are around his tactical approach, which seemed good in his first season but very poor in his second. I'm waiting to see what it looks like this year before I start calling for his head.

Building a new stadium is great but wouldn’t that affect our transfer business?

I did have a counter argument, which was that you were a victim of hyperbole.

The only player we've really signed under EtH, that he'd worked with before, and who's been a massive waste of money is Antony.

We can argue the merits of each individual signing, but your argument is that he has picked every player we've signed personally and only goes for players he's worked with or who are Dutch. That just isn't as true as people like to make out.

I haven't said his time here has been a huge success, but I'm not going to attack his record with a lie. My main concerns with EtH are around his tactical approach, which seemed good in his first season but very poor in his second. I'm waiting to see what it looks like this year before I start calling for his head.

I mean, are you ignorant to that level or what?

friends-reunited-1720601942-142062.png

We wanted to sign De Jong too, and I am not sire if this includes Wout either. And we want another two of his former player.

That would be twice as many players as second manager on the list, and that manager has more years in management than Ten Hag probably has in football.

Also, my initial point wasn't even criticising Ten Hag, but our club, but some of you only care about defending him so you would rather miss the entire point than have decent discussion.

Last edited:
I don’t remember spurs ever spending big during their new stadium being built. Probably the wrong example as they never spend big anyway but I’m trying to say a new stadium will cost billions which may impact how much budget we have to spend.

I don’t remember spurs ever spending big during their new stadium being built. Probably the wrong example as they never spend big anyway but I’m trying to say a new stadium will cost billions which may impact how much budget we have to spend.
There's more maneuvering we can do with regard to stadium expenditure. We won't be spending straight cash and there'll be extreme creative financing done to pull it off. This will allow it not to interfere too much into our day to day operational expenses and eventual transfer budgets.

Building a new stadium is great but wouldn’t that affect our transfer business?

It depends entirely on how it is financed. We don't yet know the answer to that. It could have a significant impact on the club's finances and be detrimental to their ability to sign players, or it might have no impact at all.

There's more maneuvering we can do with regard to stadium expenditure. We won't be spending straight cash and there'll be extreme creative financing done to pull it off. This will allow it not to interfere too much into our day to day operational expenses and eventual transfer budgets.
Fair point.

It depends entirely on how it is financed. We don't yet know the answer to that. It could have a significant impact on the club's finances and be detrimental to their ability to sign players, or it might have no impact at all.
Fair enough mate. Hopefully the last one.

I mean, are you ignorant to that level or what?

friends-reunited-1720601942-142062.png

We wanted to sign De Jong too, and I am not sire if this includes Wout either. And we want another two of his former player.

That would be twice as many players as second manager on the list, and that manager has more years in mamagement than Ten Hag probably has in football.

Also, my initial point wasn't even criticising Ten Hag, but our club, but some of you only care about defending him so you would rather miss the entire point than have decent discussion.
I would refrain from accusing other people of being ignorant if you're going to fall back on such 'tier 1' sources like transfermkt to try and make your point. I'm assuming that still is from a tweet, so they've framed it in a way to gain traction and rile up the idiots online. I have to commend them for doing such a good job at it.

Let's take a look at it for just a second. Can you name those 7 players? Is that just at United or when he managed other clubs? Because I tried to figure it out, and I could only make 6, and that's if I included Wout, Amrabat and Eriksen... You know, the two players we had on loan because the club had financially fecked itself, and that guy we signed on a free and who never actually played for EtH before, just trained with him at Ajax for a few months after Inter released him.

That means that a majority, if not all of that money the graphic says, went on Antony, Martinez and Onana. Again, the only one I think is a massive waste of money is Antony, but we all know the story behind that deal and how incompetent the club looks because of it.

Other than Antony, our 3 most expensive players have been Casemiro, Højlund and Yoro. None of which had anything to do with EtH before he came here.

Didn't COVID happening around the time the stadium was opening really hit them harder than most? They had been relying on loads of money from non-footballing events, which all had to be cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.