Club Ownership | INEOS responsible for the football side

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't wait for SJR to be our majority share owners and the Glazers to feck off back to America to focus on their American football.

SJR need to be given full power to implement more changes. They should not be only be in charge of football, they need to be in charge of commercial too. The competency is night and day compared to Woodward.

Dear me.

Everything that is happening right now shows how incapacitated the Club has been for a decade by being led by people who had no idea how a Football Club should be run. Improvement in the:
  • Revamping of training facilities
  • Restructuring the complete hierarchy by hiring best-in-class
  • A total change of transfer policies, squad planning, and transfer completions, by being able to lure away one the best young players in the World from Real Madrid
  • More controlled wage structure
  • Sending a message that mediocrity or just good is not good enough
  • Plans for new stadium that should be best stadium in UK
I had my doubts about INEOS because the stories coming out of Nice were not great, but damn, this has superseded every expectation I had for them. I just pray this will result in success on the pitch, as many teams around us are vastly improving their squads.
Clippy-letter20110724-22047-qcxdai.PNG

Quality control
Sad for losing their jobs but the club has obviously become bloated and a deep reset is needed in both playing and nonplaying staff
Couldn't care less about entitled, incompetent, leaking slobs who don't want to work on-site losing their jobs. We have twice as many employees as City and are still run terribly.

Get rid of 250 more I say.

I can't wait for SJR to be our majority share owners and the Glazers to feck off back to America to focus on their American football.

SJR need to be given full power to implement more changes. They should not be only be in charge of football, they need to be in charge of commercial too. The competency is night and day compared to Woodward.
pessimist in me tells me once we start reaping the rewards of the INEOS onfield success - it'll make it less likely the glazers are gonna to sellup the "non-football control" shares. that coupled with most of the reason they put the club up for sale in the first place was the fan protests wanting them out - if we're back to winning trophies consistently - i can't see the fans protesting like they have done in the past like boycottign the liverpool game for example

pessimist in me tells me once we start reaping the rewards of the INEOS onfield success - it'll make it less likely the glazers are gonna to sellup the "non-football control" shares. that coupled with most of the reason they put the club up for sale in the first place was the fan protests wanting them out - if we're back to winning trophies consistently - i can't see the fans protesting like they have done in the past like boycottign the liverpool game for example
Spot on. They will just sit back and do nothing, as they always have, and hope that SJR will enhance the value of the club and hence their personal fortune. No reason for them to sell up, in that event, unless a ridiculous offer comes in. If I was SJR I’d probably say I’m prepared to put more money in, but only if you at very least match it, to remove the debt.

Well the fact there was still a big green and gold campaign in 2010 when defending champions gives me hope of still being protests

This is an observation, not a complaint/whinge but it’s just starting to feel like our window is losing direction and momentum. We aren’t seeming to advance with Ugarte/deLigt and the FB links seem a bit muddled. Not sure if we want a RB or LB and there doesn’t seem much urgency to get players out currently.

Obviously being in the US on tour doesn’t help, but I hope the positivity doesn’t peter out.

This is an observation, not a complaint/whinge but it’s just starting to feel like our window is losing direction and momentum. We aren’t seeming to advance with Ugarte/deLigt and the FB links seem a bit muddled. Not sure if we want a RB or LB and there doesn’t seem much urgency to get players out currently.

Obviously being in the US on tour doesn’t help, but I hope the positivity doesn’t peter out.
Its because we are purely reliant on sales.

Is this a serious post? Imagine being a Liverpool fan at this point.

Clearly, we want Ugarte and DeLigt. But the selling clubs being unreasonable now. Two unwanted players in their clubs asking for 70m and 50m++ (euro). We can't do anything much now. We also need to get rid of our reputation of getting rinse in the market.

We can only be patient and play waiting game. We will only deal if the price is right. I am still fairly confident that these 2 deals will be done. I think both PSG and BM are desperate to sell. Alternatively, we will move to our 2nd choice nearer to the end of window or use our existing player for 1 more season.

We also have problem with FFP and whatnot. This cautious approach is the right strategy. Be patient, mate.

It’s frustrating. We have made 2 promising signings, and selling DVB and Greenwood is great too, but we haven’t addressed our main problems with scoring goals and the midfield.
Varane and Martial leaving made it very easy for us to sign a centre forward and a centre back. The likes of Wan-Bissaka, Lindelof, McTominay and Casemiro are proving to be harder to shift. Therefore we are stuck with what we have. Frustrating, but that's the reality.

Varane and Martial leaving made it very easy for us to sign a centre forward and a centre back. The likes of Wan-Bissaka, Lindelof, McTominay and Casemiro are proving to be harder to shift. Therefore we are stuck with what we have. Frustrating, but that's the reality.

Yeah very hard to shift indeed

People moaning about lack of signings a few posts down from tweets about 250 redundancies. Wake up, we're skint.

Smart move there. Michael Appleton knows the lower leagues well and has connections through the Championship down to League 2 so should be able to know where would be good fits for our young lads.

Last year there were rumours how they are investigating our issues about amount of injuries. What happened about that? Did we hire anybody in that department?

Last year there were rumours how they are investigating our issues about amount of injuries. What happened about that? Did we hire anybody in that department?
Our medical department absolutely needs an overhaul and we need better fitness coaches.

Two most important things to fix: our midfield and the medical department. Hope they will do something about both this summer still

Our medical department absolutely needs an overhaul and we need better fitness coaches.
That is strange thing, isn't it? We hired shit load of new staff but we kept all fitness coaches. Despite that area being our biggest issue.
Well, now when our two most expensive assets are injured in second game of the season, maybe they do something about it.

The clowns in this thread saying the medical department needs looking at, when they know absolutely nothing at all about the goings on.

We’ve got a lot of injuries, therefore it MUST be the medical departments fault! Ridiculously simplistic way to look at things.

The clowns in this thread saying the medical department needs looking at, when they know absolutely nothing at all about the goings on.

We’ve got a lot of injuries, therefore it MUST be the medical departments fault! Ridiculously simplistic way to look at things.

I blame catering

Same department that gave the input that Shaw and Malacia will be fit for the second part of the season, and we ended up Reguilon loan, and we got stuck without a natural left back for half a season, because both Shaw and Malacia did not recover in time?

Same medical department that cleared Casemiro to play, when in fact the Brazilian national team doctor figured out he was injured?

Multiple players rushed back from injury too soon, only for them to injured again.

Yeah, they are totally blameless in this, and we need to continue doing what we are doing.

Same department that gave the input that Shaw and Malacia will be fit for the second part of the season, and we ended up Reguilon loan, and we got stuck without a natural left back for half a season, because both Shaw and Malacia did not recover in time?

Same medical department that cleared Casemiro to play, when in fact the Brazilian national team doctor figured out he was injured?

Multiple players rushed back from injury too soon, only for them to injured again.

Yeah, they are totally blameless in this, and we need to continue doing what we are doing.

Surely there is investigation taking place after all those things that you rightly highlighted

Then there's something wrong with the way we train. These injuries aren't just freakish bad luck, there's definitely an underlying reason for them.

I’m glad you’ve said this, needed to be said. I agree completely. The amount of player breakdowns we’ve seen across the league last season makes it much more likely to be a fatigue problem caused by too many games than a specific problem with the club. Modern footballers are basically flogged to death in the pursuit of revenue and profit.

Status
Not open for further replies.