Club Ownership | INEOS responsible for the football side

Status
Not open for further replies.
INEOS Team in future

---------------------------Rasmus/Zirkzee---------------------

-----Garancho/X---------Bruno/Mount-------------- X/Amad--------

---------------Mainoo/X-------------------Ugarte/X-----------------------------

-----Shaw/X---------------Licha/X------Deligt/Yoro/-------------------X/Dalot-----

-------------------------------------Onana/Vitek--------------------------------------------

If we can move out big players like Rashford(70)/Sancho(30)/Antony(20) on reasonable sums we can look at bringing in good replacements.

Still work in a progress and I think INEOS will get 4/5 in this window and other 4/5 in next which is basically told by Ralf Ragnick.

Who is this Garancho guy? any good?

One of our major regret was letting Woody to convince Klopp to join us. He gave Klopp impression that we were the adult Disneyland. What could have been if we had someone competent that spoke to Klopp.

With Klopp, our financial might and proper football structure we could still be at the pinnacle of football even after SAF retired. Hope we will be back soon with SJR in charge.
It is staggering that Woodward was allowed to lead negotiations. An arrogant banker who assumed dealing with seasoned football people was no different to pumping a company’s IPO stock.

One of our major regret was letting Woody to convince Klopp to join us. He gave Klopp impression that we were the adult Disneyland. What could have been if we had someone competent that spoke to Klopp.

With Klopp, our financial might and proper football structure we could still be at the pinnacle of football even after SAF retired. Hope we will be back soon with SJR in charge.

Yeah that one still really stings doesn't it,definitely got this structure in place a little too late for some other top talents too

I bet Ratcliffe has paid more in UK taxes than the whole of the UK based CAF combined, TBH - live in Monaco, good weather by the beach or the UK equivalent, Blackpool, Bournemouth or Brighton - I know which one I'd choose if I had the dosh!

Monaco is an absolute shit hole btw. Sure, you’d have a good enough time if you have a driver, a private beach and such. It’s got air conditioned everything for you, some fancy restaurants. But it’s soulless. A god awful place. The Dubai of the Cote D’Azur. But worse.

That anyone chooses to live inside its borders instead of Nice, Antibes, or similar, is evidence of a dark heart and darker money.

It’s properly wank.

We’ll leave aside the fact that it’s principle appeal is that there’s no border control. People just claim to live there. They don’t actually live inside Monaco. They’re scattered along the coast in far better places. It’s a racket.

Monaco is an absolute shit hole btw. Sure, you’d have a good enough time if you have a driver, a private beach and such. It’s got air conditioned everything for you, some fancy restaurants. But it’s soulless. A god awful place. The Dubai of the Cote D’Azur. But worse.

That anyone chooses to live inside its borders instead of Nice, Antibes, or similar, is evidence of a dark heart and darker money.

It’s properly wank.

We’ll leave aside the fact that it’s principle appeal is that there’s no border control. People just claim to live there. They don’t actually live inside Monaco. They’re scattered along the coast in far better places. It’s a racket.
I'm sure it is, but I bet it's still better than Blackpool :rolleyes:

New Man UTD chief Omar Berrada reportedly made signing Leny Yoro his "personal project" and was determined to keep going until the player joined Old Trafford (there is a full article about this in papers)

I just can't explain how happy I am at this point of time with our new management team, Things are on rise and I think we are about to come out of downward cycle, I think this year is mostly stabilizing the team and laying the foundations, soon we can become the attractive place for more world class talent. UTD haters had their best time in last 10 years which was painful for lot of us but I think its about time to get things right and feel great again.

I hope INEOS have got someone signed up to the caf so they can see all the players we would like to sign.

INEOS Team in future

-----Shaw/X---------------Licha/X------Deligt/Yoro/-------------------X/Dalot-----

-------------------------------------Onana/Vitek--------------------------------------------

If we can move out big players like Rashford(70)/Sancho(30)/Antony(20) on reasonable sums we can look at bringing in good replacements.

Still work in a progress and I think INEOS will get 4/5 in this window and other 4/5 in next which is basically told by Ralf Ragnick.

Mainoo shouldn't be playing the double pivot, he was out of sorts against Spain because they compressed the middle and pressed the spaces, the average team in the league will do this. He should be further forward as an 8 or a 10 potentially with a few seasons under his belt.

I think the future of this team will see to three across the midfield, the lack of movement with Fernandes contract could be telling that the club will perhaps move in that direction.

Having a base three has much better balance:

--------------Ugarte---------------

Wharton-------------Mainoo

INEOS Team in future

Why have you given some players kisses and not the others?

INEOS Team in future

Yep, this lines up with the game model stuff as I understand it. I think it's worth listing out why you went with the players you did.

LB: We want him to be the Ben White / Gvardiol type wide center back. Will form a base of 3 with the two CBs. (--- Shaw -- Martinez -- Yoro --) and will somewhat mirror the RCB's role.

RB will be the more aggressive of the two so more of a wing back of the Trent / Trippier mould than Luke Shaw. Dalot is fine but I agree that he's more rotation quality than starter despite the season he had. A decent amount of threat, goals, assists need to be generated by this player. I'm excited by the links to Mazraoui. One argument in Dalot's favor is his tactical flexibility (LB / RB), played in the wide center back role for a bit under Ten Hag, played like an inverted fullback some other games. I'd argue he can just cover for Shaw if Shaw gets injured.

LCB with Licha (and I'd add Maguire as the backup in there, not sure why you're dodging it) is the sweeper. Maximizes both their strengths. Maguire had a decent spell last season in this role and looked pretty competent.

RCB with Yoro / De Ligt is another aggressive, wide center back type (see LB)

#8's (Mainoo's) role is to primarily be a strong ball carrier and provide offensive and defensive workrate and some creativity and goals. Ideally just ball carrying won't be enough and if he adds some progressive passing / creativity / goals it will help elevate the whole side but servicable enough for now. Links to Rabiot, Rios, Fofana etc. suggest we're seriously looking at a value rotation option here.

#6 - this is really the big question and I generally don't understand our seeming allergy to ball playing pivots. In Arteta / Pep teams, the emphasis for the #6 is the ability to receive balls from defence and play progressive passes under pressure. Arsenal take this to the extreme by playing Jorginho deep and Rice as the #6/#8 hybrid just so the outlet is CB --> Jorginho --> distribute forwards. Rodri obviously is the wildcard and the standard Spanish answer to this role's demands but clearly there's more than one way to solve the problem. What does INEOS / Ten Hag think? We'll only know in the friendlies. So far Ugarte / Casemiro aren't super satisfying answers. Ugarte maybe a bit more than Casemiro because he can at least evade the first wave of pressure and play the simple link pass to Mainoo.

The attack sort of writes itself. Don't want to spend too much time discussing that since the dynamics are obvious.

There doing some job, I've no doubt they'll get rid of some of the dead wood soon. Build around youth.

We've had a shit midfield for 10 years, let's just hope Ugarte is the right partner for Mainoo.

Open heart surgery not only in football but many other departments within the club too. I think it's necessary after more than a decade of neglect by Woody and co.

Dear me.

Everything that is happening right now shows how incapacitated the Club has been for a decade by being led by people who had no idea how a Football Club should be run. Improvement in the:
  • Revamping of training facilities
  • Restructuring the complete hierarchy by hiring best-in-class
  • A total change of transfer policies, squad planning, and transfer completions, by being able to lure away one the best young players in the World from Real Madrid
  • More controlled wage structure
  • Sending a message that mediocrity or just good is not good enough
  • Plans for new stadium that should be best stadium in UK
I had my doubts about INEOS because the stories coming out of Nice were not great, but damn, this has superseded every expectation I had for them. I just pray this will result in success on the pitch, as many teams around us are vastly improving their squads.

Don't blame me, I voted for Jassim.

Jassim and democracy are, em, curious bedfellows....

Anyway, I'm sure Ratcliffe's posturing is just a ruse from the Glazers to get Qat...I mean Jassim to up thei.. his bid and blow Ratcliffe out of the running.

His dad has just booked a flight to New York, no doubt to meet Avram in a restaurant he partially owns, and settle the deal.

Big day tomorrow.

Open heart surgery not only in football but many other departments within the club too. I think it's necessary after more than a decade of neglect by Woody and co.

Yeah you are absolutely spot on and INEOS have made a really good start on improving things

Dear me.

Everything that is happening right now shows how incapacitated the Club has been for a decade by being led by people who had no idea how a Football Club should be run. Improvement in the:
  • Revamping of training facilities
  • Restructuring the complete hierarchy by hiring best-in-class
  • A total change of transfer policies, squad planning, and transfer completions, by being able to lure away one the best young players in the World from Real Madrid
  • More controlled wage structure
  • Sending a message that mediocrity or just good is not good enough
  • Plans for new stadium that should be best stadium in UK
I had my doubts about INEOS because the stories coming out of Nice were not great, but damn, this has superseded every expectation I had for them. I just pray this will result in success on the pitch, as many teams around us are vastly improving their squads.

I could imagine they are sat on the plane to US feeling very frustrated we haven't been able to sell more players before the tour. Would be so much easier if we hadn't employed clowns like Woody and Judge offering stupid wages

Status
Not open for further replies.