Club Ownership | INEOS responsible for the football side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Giving EtH ALL the tools required to succeed, he need to hit the ground running as I don't think they will be quite as patient as they were earlier.

Credit where it’s due they have certainly got off to a flyer. Not just in terms of the incomings (Zirkzee & the one I certainly never thought was a remote possibility - Yoro) so far when we are only in mid July and the prospect of more players coming in (De Ligt, Ugarte), the outgoings as well have been impressive. Finally got VDB off the wage bill, good fees and clauses inserted for the sales of Willy K & Mason G.

Just shows you what happens when you have competent people at boardroom level. For once in a very long time, it just feels good to know you have the correct people & personnel at the helm of the club.

Not sure why Ineos is so lauded for the transfer business. It all comes down to making a phone call to Jorge Mendes

And to think I wouldn't buy an INEOS Grenadier because they chose to make them in France not in Wales. WELL GUESS feckING WHAT SIR JIM. IM BACK IN THE GAME.

What the feck
I thought football transfers are extremely complicated, and you cannot work on more than 1 signing at a time.
feck Woodward again. He mindbroke us

This doesn’t feel right. I feel more used to us trying to negotiate a £30m player down to £27m for 4 weeks and then playing a blinder on the final day and handing over £60m with the unproven 21yr old being paid £800k a week, 3kgs of cocaine and a manor estate to sweeten the deal.

I’m half expecting to wake up in the morning to find out Gaitan and Sneijder have signed.

This doesn’t feel right. I feel more used to us trying to negotiate a £30m player down to £27m for 4 weeks and then playing a blinder on the final day and handing over £60m with the unproven 21yr old being paid £800k a week, 3kgs of cocaine and a manor estate to sweeten the deal.
Yep. If the Glazers were still in charge, we’d have signed the kid Branthwaite for over £80 million sometime in early August à la Maguire around the same time for the same price in 2019, and would have panic bought a 30+ year old midfielder after the first game or so.

Not a bad start to the window. Didn't handle the Ten Hag situation well, let that drag, but everyones moved on now clearly.

Promising business being done. Some of the meltdowns in May/June were always going to be made to look daft.

So this is what competent buying and selling of players looks like…. The difference in recent summer transfer windows is stark and it’s only mid July.

I hope to see 2-3 more deals before end of July and we have a squad ready to face the challenges of the Premier League.

To think people questioned these and some even wanted another owner. They are certainly quick at moving. Brought in all the right sporting people. Signing players quick and smoothly. What’s impressing me the most though is how they can actually sell players which is what we’ve always struggled with.

Really a refreshing sight on the transfer window. I have been frowning on recent years windows and always wonder why do we have the habit of waiting until the transfer deadline. very often we end up paying a hand and leg for the player or missed out on the player entirely with no time for replacement target. I thought that should be common sense. New players should adapt during preseason as much as possible and not use the first few games for adapting. Hope this efficiency can continue

One of our major regret was letting Woody to convince Klopp to join us. He gave Klopp impression that we were the adult Disneyland. What could have been if we had someone competent that spoke to Klopp.

With Klopp, our financial might and proper football structure we could still be at the pinnacle of football even after SAF retired. Hope we will be back soon with SJR in charge.

To think people questioned these and some even wanted another owner. They are certainly quick at moving. Brought in all the right sporting people. Signing players quick and smoothly. What’s impressing me the most though is how they can actually sell players which is what we’ve always struggled with.
Even when they waited it out with Ashworth, the figure Whitwell has reported suggests it was entirely the correct call too.

Just popped in to Bluemoon and rawk to see what they make of us being proactive

Yep, you guessed it…but to summarise…

Zirkzee who? Nobody ever heard of him

Yoro way to much money on an unproven kid

And whilst Ugarte isn’t done yet…he’s rubbish because PSG want rid

Football tribalism is insane!

Just popped in to Bluemoon and rawk to see what they make of us being proactive

Yep, you guessed it…but to summarise…

Zirkzee who? Nobody ever heard of him

Yoro way to much money on an unproven kid

And whilst Ugarte isn’t done yet…he’s rubbish because PSG want rid

Football tribalism is insane!
It's getting worse as well. It used to just be a select few fans of clubs doing it but now you've got random Port Vale fans comparing their players to PL ones or some random shit. It's basically irrelevant whether anything is even close to true, or if they believe it. It's just saying stuff for attention all day long.

Seems like a positive start. None of the flapping around that we endured under Woodward.
Now on to getting in a central midfield player to play with Kobbie and moving on players that we don’t want.

Night and day. Transfer business sorted efficiently, no nonsense, little drama. Multiple targets engaged at once.

Very positive start.

It makes me wonder, why did the previous regime act like they did? Every summer we'd drag our feet, let transfers play out in the press but then end up panic buying when the season was started. Which, ok might happen for a while, but it happened for a decade and clearly didnt work. Its bizarre.

I saw some INEOS hand sanitizer in the shops today and I bought a box of it to thank our billionaire overlord. It goes great with rhubarb cordial *hic*

It makes me wonder, why did the previous regime act like they did? Every summer we'd drag our feet, let transfers play out in the press but then end up panic buying when the season was started. Which, ok might happen for a while, but it happened for a decade and clearly didnt work. Its bizarre.

Clueless business men working in an industry they never got close to truly understanding.

Clueless and didn't care because they got it on the plate from dad.

:lol:

.....yeah, feck it. I'm going for the joke.

What are you going to do when she's older and upstairs with her boyfriend, and all you hear is "Omar coming, yo"?
I'll say to myself: it makes me sick motherfecka how far we done fell

Then I'll take a hit of my cigar and get shitfaced on Jamesons

Clueless business men working in an industry they never got close to truly understanding.
I'm sure plenty of owners don't really understand the game, are in it mostly for the money, difference is they would delegate it to football people. I never understood the reluctance to hire a DoF.

I'm sure plenty of owners don't really understand the game, are in it mostly for the money, difference is they would delegate it to football people. I never understood the reluctance to hire a DoF.

My guess would be they might have tried but every worthwhile DoF candidate would have wanted to do things that they wouldn’t have liked, namely spend money in volume on riskier players (young, non-domestic, unknown quantity).

Their biggest problem was they seemingly never networked within the football ecosystem. They just stayed in their ivory tower and thought (maybe) arrogantly they could just get by on the money and name of Manchester United alone.

INEOS Team in future

---------------------------Rasmus/Zirkzee---------------------

-----Garancho/X---------Bruno/Mount-------------- X/Amad--------

---------------Mainoo/X-------------------Ugarte/X-----------------------------

-----Shaw/X---------------Licha/X------Deligt/Yoro/-------------------X/Dalot-----

-------------------------------------Onana/Vitek--------------------------------------------

If we can move out big players like Rashford(70)/Sancho(30)/Antony(20) on reasonable sums we can look at bringing in good replacements.

Still work in a progress and I think INEOS will get 4/5 in this window and other 4/5 in next which is basically told by Ralf Ragnick.

Status
Not open for further replies.