Club Ownership | INEOS responsible for the football side

Status
Not open for further replies.
From moving on effortlessly from a ridiculous evaluation on Jarrad Branthwaite (which has seemingly left Everton stunned), to the complicated yet competent handling of selling Greenwood...I am stunned to see the difference (so far) in our competency.

Especially on Branthwaite; In the past we would have endlessly negotiated...only to still pay a premium and waste time exploring any other options seriously. Now Clubs know they can't get away with that anymore with us, and thats worth almost as much as the future difference between Branthwaite and Yoro. Very encouraged for our future if this continues.

Could not agree more mate. It's honestly such a stark difference that it's still hard to believe

I feel we might have to come to a mutual agreement with Eriksen to release him. Given the wages he is on, don't see a team paying a transfer fee for him.

If Case doesn't want to go to Saudi then that can prove to be difficult. Almost impossible to see him move if a Saudi offer doesn't come in.

Rest should be sold. We might have to compromise a bit on the price.

Greenwood looks almost done. I think whoever wants McTom will eventually raise their offer to ~25m. We have to come to a compromise solution on AWB and Lindelof otherwise they'd leave for free next window as we haven't taken up the option on their contracts.

I'd argue that Eriksen and McTominay are probably useful squad players to have for another season. We're gonna need to have a big squad next season to cope with potentially over 55 games if we have decent runs in at least two of the cup competitions.

Wan Bissaka is similar. If we can get another right back, I'd sell but given the injury proneness of Shaw and Malacia, I'd argue that left back has to be the main defensive priority.

I'd argue that Eriksen and McTominay are probably useful squad players to have for another season. We're gonna need to have a big squad next season to cope with potentially over 55 games if we have decent runs in at least two of the cup competitions.

Wan Bissaka is similar. If we can get another right back, I'd sell but given the injury proneness of Shaw and Malacia, I'd argue that left back has to be the main defensive priority.
With a lot of our squad playing deep international tournament football we’ll need a squad of 27/28 maybe more if we can’t sort the injuries, we have 38 PL games and could have 12 domestic cup matches plus the new EUFA format with 8 league games and potentially another 9 matches so the club could play 67 games but 55 I would say this season. Is the bare minimum more like 60 matches.

This could go under the banner of wage management or fixing the entitlement culture, but may as well be posted here.

I'm surprised to see the very modest wage Zirkzee is reportedly getting here, given the fee we paid and the agent fees. Very healthy.

I definitely think a large part in fixing the culture of the team is paying players what they are worth, not 3-4-5 times that amount. And not rushing to give promising young players enormous salary bumps, unless we have major talents that are being coveted by Europes bigger clubs.

Looking at various lists online, it seems Maguire is earning close to 200K a week, Sancho 250K, Rashford 325/350K, Eriksen 150K, Casemiro 350K, Antony 200K, Mount 300K. I suggest all of these range from quite overpaid, to massively overpaid. Bruno at 200K is justified, given the context.

How do you change the culture without getting rid of the lot of them? And all have other good reasons for being sold, even if we subsidise wages of some to see them out the door. It would be very healthy to have Bruno as the highest earner on 200K. I like Mount, I think he can become an OK player for us, but that wage is ridiculous and he should never have been given the #7.

I actually think we should have two players per position in the first team squad and the rest should be complemented from the youth teams. More than two a position is really an overkill and leaves disgruntled players on the bench, which cannot be good for the overall squad moral.

The pace of which we are conducting business has been refreshing to see. I must applaud them.

That being said, many of our signings have been shit over the past few years, so I am more keen on seeing that change. Hopefully that changes for the better as well.

Great start to their summer’s work - two deals will hopefully be closed really swiftly. If they can continue this over the next month or so, it’ll cap a fine start to the new recruitment team especially given it’s been put together recently.

The pace of which we are conducting business has been refreshing to see. I must applaud them.

That being said, many of our signings have been shit over the past few years, so I am more keen on seeing that change. Hopefully that changes for the better as well.

The problem we had wasn't the players, it was the entire footballing side.

Trying to replace SAF with the same structure and hoping a manager coming in could do the same.

The problem we had wasn't the players, it was the entire footballing side.

Trying to replace SAF with the same structure and hoping a manager coming in could do the same.

I do agree with your statement, but light has to be shed on just how bad some signings were. Yes we can absolutely attribute it to the lack of footballing structure but some of the signings were just delusional.

Signings such as Schniederlin, Fellaini, Rojo, Darmian, Bailly, Lindelof, Maguire, James, Telles.. the list can go on and on. Yes we had terrible football structure and it showed, the players we were signing were hardly players that were going to be in teams challenging for the Prem year after year. Maybe back end squad players at best.

And that is not even mentioning the players who were deemed world class at some point in their careers (Falcao, Pogba, Schweinsteiger etc).
The whole decade has been a shit show in that regard.

I can see the case for McT, but I don’t think Eriksen is all that useful anymore. He has declined significantly since his first season and should be replaced with a younger option.
With AWB/Dalot on the right we have consistently wanted rid of both of them at some point or other so if their are takers I’d still sell AWB (even though I’m a fan) and I’d look for a first team RB to rotate/compete with Dalot. I agree we also need a starting LB as well.

Will you be happy if they bring the team to this level with few other squad players in this window?

--------------------- Rasmus-----------------------------------
-------Zirkzee-----------------------Garancho-------------
---Shaw-----Mainoo------Ugarte---------Dalot-------
-------------Licha-----Deligt-----Yoro----------------------
----------------------------Onana--------------------------------

More than the buyings, its the outgoings which have been pleasing. Alvaro, Kambwala, Donny and Mason out already.

Will you be happy if they bring the team to this level with few other squad players in this window?

--------------------- Rasmus-----------------------------------
-------Zirkzee-----------------------Garancho-------------
---Shaw-----Mainoo------Ugarte---------Dalot-------
-------------Licha-----Deligt-----Yoro----------------------
----------------------------Onana--------------------------------

Bruno?

We are changing from adult Disneyland to one of the world best football structure in a few months. Thank SJR!

Put an end to the Greenwood fiasco once and for all. Someting Richard Arnold only made worse by trying to slide him back into the club.

It was always a straight forward decision. Well done INEOS for finding common sense!

Put an end to the Greenwood fiasco once and for all. Someting Richard Arnold only made worse by trying to slide him back into the club.

It was always a straight forward decision. Well done INEOS for finding common sense!

They didn’t “find” common sense.

I hope a few people understand what numpties they were when they lost their shit that Jim didn’t announce to the World that Greenwood was not welcome back.

You can see the shape of things to come. Clearly building a long term project that can only get stronger with time. Just look at the profile of our targets, a mix of young players ready to take the next step up to become bonafide stars, and young talent making the first big move of their career and considered amongst the very elite in their age bracket.

We’ve been strongly linked or already signed….

Zirkzee (23)
Yoro (18)
Ugarte (23)
De Ligt (24)
Branthwaite (22)
Kadioglu (24)

This is exactly what I’ve wanted to see from this club and I will be fascinated to see how the rest of this summer develops.

We have some experienced heads in the squad that I expect to be key moving forwards, Shaw (29), Fernandes (29), Martinez (26), Rashford (26), Onana (28), Dalot (25), Mount (25) but we also have an existing core of young players that gives us a great platform moving forwards, such as Mainoo, Diallo, Garnacho, & Hojlund. The age profile of this squad is very good and with these signings just getting better and better. Lots of players I didn’t even mention.

Haven’t felt this good about the club ever since the days of Gill and Ferguson. Don’t even care if the coach will work out or not cause I know we got a team in place to hire the right person in case things don’t work out. That level of belief i haven’t felt for 11-12 years now.

Good job getting Leny, certainly didn't expect that when Madrid was in the picture.

Now hijack Nico Williams.

Breath of fresh air. Finally doing what I’ve been doing on FIFA career mode for years - going after the best young players. The age profile of our targets is exactly what I’ve wanted us to do. Fair play to INEOS and the team they’ve put in place.

I was 100% behind Qatari ownership, I still think in the long run they would have gotten us to where we need to be much quicker.

But I wonder, would they have gone about things in the same way INEOS have, identifying the problem areas and operating with precision or would they have dumped a tonne of cash and bought us out of our problems?

(I know some will say we already spent a tonne and it didnt help but getting an insane sponsorship deal via Qatar and spending £100s of million in a short period for the best players in the world is a different level of spending)

The last few weeks of the window are going to be boring as hell. Ineos out.

the speed and efficiency with which this new hierarchy operates is dizzying. It's amazing what you can do when you have competent people in these jobs.

Sir Jim clearly stated he was tired of watching United struggle and lose....he invested in the club to see them win, guess he's not fecking about

Hopefully the speed and efficiency on transfer dealings will also translate to a more disciplined culture within the playing squad. No more complacency, no more player power culture. Manager(s) to be fully supported by the hierarchy. I think we will see the result of such transformation of mindset in no time at all.

We know that everything is not going to go perfectly all the time but bloody hell, the difference already.

Feels like we've already done a lot of transfer business for this point in July, both ins and outs. Anybody able to confirm if we have actually done more business than we normally have by now?

Status
Not open for further replies.