Club Ownership | INEOS responsible for the football side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big change from the days of Ed Woodward and the Glazers as our footballing operations.
450587651_2481829895518931_8819214883706390187_n.jpg

This is the first summer that feel very different with Ineos Team in charge. It seems like we have proper strategy going into the market.

We are working on multiple deals with backup options too. We are also starting to pay reasonable fees and paying more sustainable wages.

Hopefully, gone were the days where we pay 80M for Antony!

Yeah and the fact they are giving it absolutely everything to sell Utd project to someone who was absolutely set on joining Madrid

Big change from the days of Ed Woodward and the Glazers as our footballing operations.
450587651_2481829895518931_8819214883706390187_n.jpg

It’s depressing to know for the majority of the past decade, there’s only been a Chairman and a CEO sitting above the First Team Management team.

And neither the Chairman or CEO had a football background before coming into the job.

Yeah and the fact they are giving it absolutely everything to sell Utd project to someone who was absolutely set on joining Madrid
We are focusing on the right players. Young talents with so much potential, about to reach the next level. That has always been Uniteds best transfer strategy.

It’s a results oriented business at the end of the day but the content of that graphic is what we’ve been so desperate for for what felt like an eternity and it’s actually happened after it felt like a pipe dream for so long.

And we had people criticizing INEOS for not paying the £20M. :lol:

I have no doubts that if it was Ed, he would drag until near the end of transfer window and then panic by paying $25M instead of $20M asking price from Newcastle earlier in the transfer window.

What a difference the Ineos Team made.

Another deal in Yoro done with decent fees. This billionaire is super efficient in implementing changes in lightning speed.

Im growing more and more confidence we are in the right path back to pinnacle of football.

Last edited:
Ineos are killing it so far not long drawn out sagas or scatter gun very focused and quick

It is not just what they have been doing so far, but also how. Some people laughed when I said so far, 10/10, but it looks like it will be that good

Ashworth and Berrada are cleaning house and looking to get rid of a lot of deadwood....nice to see this shit finally being done and looking to bring in some young proper hungry footballers

It is not just what they have been doing so far, but also how. Some people laughed when I said so far, 10/10, but it looks like it will be that good

Surely selling Casemiro to fund DM will be the next item on their priority list but could be wrong

Very impressed so far. Swiftly made a deal for a young CB with huge potential while still having options in case it falls through. Made quick work of selling Greenwood for a pretty good deal without much fuss or controversy. And they've done it early in the window and it doesn't look like business is stopping yet.

Might not seem like much to other clubs but feck me it's a far cry from the Woodward days.

Kudos to INEOS. I wasn’t a fan of them taking over but they have not put a foot wrong so far and I am nothing but impressed.

Looking good so far. Our domestic rivals are probably shitting their pants at this stage.

highly doubt that given our performances from last season
I don't mean for the coming season necessarily. I mean that a revitalized Man Utd is probably a scary prospect for other teams. We're the biggest club in the world and other teams are lucky that we've suffered a decade of incompetence.

I don't mean for the coming season necessarily. I mean that a revitalized Man Utd is probably a scary prospect for other teams. We're the biggest club in the world and other teams are lucky that we've suffered a decade of incompetence.
lets just hope this work behind the scenes translates on to the football pitch....EtH just needs to sure things up to stop conceding so many shots

Ashworth and Berrada are cleaning house and looking to get rid of a lot of deadwood....nice to see this shit finally being done and looking to bring in some young proper hungry footballers

a lot of our current players will know they don’t or haven’t been able to move the needle for us and the axe was going to fall at some point. At the end of the day it’s down to the players on the pitch to deliver, especially when they are being paid far more here than they could get elsewhere. That’s why you don’t get a lot of players who are here publicly complaining about not playing enough or how crap the facilities are or that their teammates are lazy or they’ve never met the owners in person or whatever. Just a shambles from top to bottom under the glazers. Clueless fecks

lets just hope this work behind the scenes translates on to the football pitch....EtH just needs to sure things up to stop conceding so many shots
ETH is the big question mark for me. Hopefully he can turn things around this season but I won't be holding my breath. I'm pretty damn giddy about how the higher ups are performing so far though.

Not ready to blow my load just of yet but it's so far so good regarding how the summer is going. It would be really impressive if they are able to get rid of Mason, McTom, Case, AWB, Eriksen and Lindelof in this window. Finally feeling positive about a summer after 10 years of shit show by Woody and co.

Not ready to blow my load just of yet but it's so far so good regarding how the summer is going. It would be really impressive if they are able to get rid of Mason, McTom, Case, AWB, Eriksen and Lindelof in this window. Finally feeling positive about a summer after 10 years of shit show by Woody and co.

Who do you think will the most difficult to sell?

Who do you think will the most difficult to sell?

I feel we might have to come to a mutual agreement with Eriksen to release him. Given the wages he is on, don't see a team paying a transfer fee for him.

If Case doesn't want to go to Saudi then that can prove to be difficult. Almost impossible to see him move if a Saudi offer doesn't come in.

Rest should be sold. We might have to compromise a bit on the price.

Greenwood looks almost done. I think whoever wants McTom will eventually raise their offer to ~25m. We have to come to a compromise solution on AWB and Lindelof otherwise they'd leave for free next window as we haven't taken up the option on their contracts.

I feel we might have to come to a mutual agreement with Eriksen to release him. Given the wages he is on, don't see a team paying a transfer fee for him.

If Case doesn't want to go to Saudi then that can prove to be difficult. Almost impossible to see him move if a Saudi offer doesn't come in.

Rest should be sold. We might have to compromise a bit on the price.

Greenwood looks almost done. I think whoever wants McTom will eventually raise their offer to ~25m. We have to come to a compromise solution on AWB and Lindelof otherwise they'd leave for free next window as we haven't taken up the option on their contracts.

Yeah the Saudi stuff has gone annoyingly quiet

a lot of our current players will know they don’t or haven’t been able to move the needle for us and the axe was going to fall at some point. At the end of the day it’s down to the players on the pitch to deliver, especially when they are being paid far more here than they could get elsewhere. That’s why you don’t get a lot of players who are here publicly complaining about not playing enough or how crap the facilities are or that their teammates are lazy or they’ve never met the owners in person or whatever. Just a shambles from top to bottom under the glazers. Clueless fecks

they've been paid very well to underperform for a number of years....guys like maguire, lindelof have been poor for a couple seasons. Rashford was a nightmare last year. Scott, while he scored 10 goals, was very poor when it came to the defensive side of doing that job. There are others but you can see it's clear that we finally have someone in charge who will sell these guys instead of giving them a contract extension just to keep their value in the market.

From moving on effortlessly from a ridiculous evaluation on Jarrad Branthwaite (which has seemingly left Everton stunned), to the complicated yet competent handling of selling Greenwood...I am stunned to see the difference (so far) in our competency.

Especially on Branthwaite; In the past we would have endlessly negotiated...only to still pay a premium and waste time exploring any other options seriously. Now Clubs know they can't get away with that anymore with us, and thats worth almost as much as the future difference between Branthwaite and Yoro. Very encouraged for our future if this continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.