Club Ownership | INEOS responsible for the football side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ed, Arnold and Murtough were at the helm for more than a decade taking millions in salary per year. They basically let the club rot from one of the best club in the world to finishing 8th in PL. None of the departments in the club are functioning properly. We also spent recklessly and now in trouble with FFP.

Is there a way we can sue them for negligence?
There should be. They should be in prison.

It's actually unbelievable how you can take such a prime asset, at the top of the game and just smash it into the ground like this. There can't be many comparable case of mismanagement in world football. Maybe money issues like Leeds wrecking the whole club, Juve and Calciopoli maybe.. Either way it's almost impressive. Football Disneyworld indeed. So glad we are finally getting the open-heart surgery Ragnick correctly said that we needed.

Remember when Woodward briefed that he knew he should give OGS the permanent contract when he walked into OGS office, and OGS wrote his dream 11 on a flipchart!?

And then moving your tax residence to Monaco? Question is, how does it not?
I mean if he lives in Monaco, shouldn’t it be down to Monaco what they tax their residents?

First thing I’d be doing as a billionaire is moving out of the UK, and I wouldn’t continue to pay taxes here just for the sake of it. I do have a problem with big corporations avoiding tax by registering in different countries, but individuals should be paying tax wherever they live.

You lot have scrutinised this man’s life more than you ever did for the Glazer twats, let’s judge him based on what he does with Manchester United - anything else I couldn’t care less about.

I mean if he lives in Monaco, shouldn’t it be down to Monaco what they tax their residents?

First thing I’d be doing as a billionaire is moving out of the UK, and I wouldn’t continue to pay taxes here just for the sake of it. I do have a problem with big corporations avoiding tax by registering in different countries, but individuals should be paying tax wherever they live.

Why are corporations a problem for dodging tax but the individuals that run them are perfectly fine?

That’s obtuse or naive.

How the wealthy have convinced the poor that avoiding tax by changing your domicile to a country with lower taxation is clever, rather than a mark of shame, is one of life’s greatest swindles.

By all means do it. But if you do, you’re a cnut. Wear the badge. Just own it. I can accept and respect that more.

That’s obtuse or naive.

How the wealthy have convinced the poor that avoiding tax by changing your domicile to a country with lower taxation is clever, rather than a mark of shame, is one of life’s greatest swindles.

By all means do it. But if you do, you’re a cnut. Wear the badge. Just own it. I can accept and respect that more.
Well I assume he does actually live in Monaco and doesn’t spend over the legal limit of time in the UK each year. I have no interest in defending billionaires but if loopholes are being used then the government should close them.
Why are corporations a problem for dodging tax but the individuals that run them are perfectly fine?
Corporations should pay tax on the profits they make in each country. Being registered in the Cayman Islands, like United are, is pathetic.

I assume Jim is isn’t living permanently in the UK and therefore isn’t dodging taxes here? If he’s using a “loophole” to live here and pay taxes in Monaco, then obviously that’s a different matter and one that the government could quite easily shut down if they had any interest in it I’m sure.

Well I assume he does actually live in Monaco and doesn’t spend over the legal limit of time in the UK each year. I have no interest in defending billionaires but if loopholes are being used then the government should close them.

Come on man…. He was born here, educated here, took everything this country had to enable his current life. Then bolted.

He has an unspendable fortune. He sits in Monaco making British people redundant. It’s abhorrent behaviour.

The whole Mechanism is disgusting and him or you sitting there saying ‘if the law allows it’ is so weak.

I honestly can’t get across anyone that thinks tax-flight is defendable. Think about how much money a Billion is. A thousand million. Enough money to never see winter. You can jump around every single rule that creates a society. Choosing to… makes you a bad person. Bad people exist. Let’s not pretend that doing that doesn’t make you one. It’s not clever. It’s exploitation of laws written for a world that no longer exists.

Can we stop these jealous loser mentality comments already and judge his actions with the club….

Let me blow your mind. It's possible to appreciate what he does for the club, and still think he is a bit of a billionaire twat.
I think Ineos are absolute scumbags.
And yet I am very happy with how they are going about the men's team so far and very impressed with their work with the club.

You would never go that far would you? Always a small gripe or complaint! ;)
Just keeping it real, already far too much hyperbole going on. I will say that there are some promising signs but they're just signs at this stage.

Come on man…. He was born here, educated here, took everything this country had to enable his current life. Then bolted.

He has an unspendable fortune. He sits in Monaco making British people redundant. It’s abhorrent behaviour.

The whole Mechanism is disgusting and him or you sitting there saying ‘if the law allows it’ is so weak.

I honestly can’t get across anyone that thinks tax-flight is defendable. Think about how much money a Billion is. A thousand million. Enough money to never see winter. You can jump around every single rule that creates a society. Choosing to… makes you a bad person. Bad people exist. Let’s not pretend that doing that doesn’t make you one. It’s not clever. It’s exploitation of laws written for a world that no longer exists.
Meh. I’m not going to be put into a position where it feels like I’m having to defend a billionaire. I detest wealth disparity, Brexit and basically everything he stands for. All I said in my original post was that if I was rich enough, I’d be moving out of Britain straight away, and I wouldn’t continue paying taxes in the UK if I didn’t live here. I don’t really think that’s massively controversial.

I assume he has paid an absolute tonne of tax in the UK up to the point of moving four years ago, you make it sound like he’s somehow had a net negative contribution.

If he is earning personal money in the UK then it should be taxed, I’m not an accountant I genuinely have very limited knowledge of tax for the rich works. I don’t think it’s much of a stretch for me to say I’d like a government to ensure people pay the correct levels of tax and loop holes are closed as much as possible, as greed will alway ensure most people look to pay as little as possible. Thats what the government is for.

As for the redundancies, it’s not uncommon to make them in failing businesses. It’s happening all over the UK right now in businesses that are making far more profit than United. I doubt it’s being done as a money saving exercise given what a small slice of the overall expenditure of the club’s wage spend it is.

Meh. I’m not going to be put into a position where it feels like I’m having to defend a billionaire. I detest wealth disparity, Brexit and basically everything he stands for. All I said in my original post was that if I was rich enough, I’d be moving out of Britain straight away, and I wouldn’t continue paying taxes in the UK if I didn’t live here. I don’t really think that’s massively controversial.

I assume he has paid an absolute tonne of tax in the UK up to the point of moving four years ago, you make it sound like he’s somehow had a net negative contribution.

If he is earning personal money in the UK then it should be taxed, I’m not an accountant I genuinely have very limited knowledge of tax for the rich works. I don’t think it’s much of a stretch for me to say I’d like a government to ensure people pay the correct levels of tax and loop holes are closed as much as possible, as greed will alway ensure most people look to pay as little as possible. Thats what the government is for.

As for the redundancies, it’s not uncommon to make them in failing businesses. It’s happening all over the UK right now in businesses that are making far more profit than United. I doubt it’s being done as a money saving exercise given what a small slice of the overall expenditure of the club’s wage spend it is.

Yeah it’s all good man. You have your lines and I have mine.

I’d never leave a country to avoid tax if I had more money than the poorest 2 Billion people on the planet combined.

I’ll never be able to make that math add up.

Billionaires don’t really ‘live’ anywhere. Domiciling yourself in a place that sees you keep as much as possible is borderline sociopathic. They can feck around with income declarations anywhere.

You’re 100% right to say it’s a governments job to close loopholes. But also… people shouldn’t need to be told.

Anyways. All the beauty in life exists in the differences between people. Appreciate I’m very heavy on this shit and most aren’t.

Edit ::: He’s also ended working from home for staff while living in Monaco while obeying non-dom regulations. So feck him again.

Let me blow your mind. It's possible to appreciate what he does for the club, and still think he is a bit of a billionaire twat.
I think Ineos are absolute scumbags.
And yet I am very happy with how they are going about the men's team so far and very impressed with their work with the club.
Agreed. The downs I have so far on their running of the club are the redundancy and the women's team.

Ten Hag should have gone but meh. If he doesn't get us going by Christmas he'll be gone.

Can we stop these jealous loser mentality comments already and judge his actions with the club….

...if Ineos cock it up, those endorsing this provocation will be the first to criticise others for not criticising hard enough

'Yeah, but you still bought a ticket, didn't you?'

I bet Ratcliffe has paid more in UK taxes than the whole of the UK based CAF combined, TBH - live in Monaco, good weather by the beach or the UK equivalent, Blackpool, Bournemouth or Brighton - I know which one I'd choose if I had the dosh!

You lot have scrutinised this man’s life more than you ever did for the Glazer twats, let’s judge him based on what he does with Manchester United - anything else I couldn’t care less about.

100%. And Glazers totally destroyed our club. Stole billions from us paying dividends and interests. And now stand to profit 6B by selling the club. Thieves of the highest order.

SJR is a saint for the club compared to Glazers.

SJR is a saint for the club compared to Glazers.

Steady on.

SJR's record remains to be seen. One should not beatify him for who he is not.

Glazers are still at the club, thieving away whereas Ineos are not off to the best start: failing to sack the manager, shitting on the women's team, ideological purges of working practices and this is before you get to the man himself.

I hope Ineos succeed just as much as I hoped the Glazers succeeded (as you did), but the fawning over Ratcliffe as a lauded saviour is premature, to say the least.

I wish there was a parallel universe for those not appreciating Ineos efforts, only to be stuck with the Glazers forever and see them ruin the club completely

Steady on.

SJR's record remains to be seen. One should not beatify him for who he is not.

Glazers are still at the club, thieving away whereas Ineos are not off to the best start: failing to sack the manager, shitting on the women's team, ideological purges of working practices and this is before you get to the man himself.

I hope Ineos succeed just as much as I hoped the Glazers succeeded (as you did), but the fawning over Ratcliffe as a lauded saviour is premature, to say the least.

Cherry picking much? Not off to the best start? It couldn’t have been much better.

Women’s team are a victim of their status in the game unfortunately and failing to sack the manager is the right decision in a lot of people’s eyes so you’re version of events doesn’t make it factual.

Like I was saying, we should give Ineos time to implement their structure, and judge them on results.

Cherry picking much?

No.

Women’s team are a victim of their status in the game unfortunately and failing to sack the manager is the right decision in a lot of people’s eyes so you’re version of events doesn’t make it factual.

They are a 'victim' of club owners refusal to invest properly in their facilities. Hopefully, it will improve.

There's absolutely no (good) reason why Ineos cannot cultivate both the men's and women's team simultaneously.

Yeah it’s all good man. You have your lines and I have mine.

I’d never leave a country to avoid tax if I had more money than the poorest 2 Billion people on the planet combined.

I’ll never be able to make that math add up.

Billionaires don’t really ‘live’ anywhere. Domiciling yourself in a place that sees you keep as much as possible is borderline sociopathic. They can feck around with income declarations anywhere.

You’re 100% right to say it’s a governments job to close loopholes. But also… people shouldn’t need to be told.

Anyways. All the beauty in life exists in the differences between people. Appreciate I’m very heavy on this shit and most aren’t.

Edit ::: He’s also ended working from home for staff while living in Monaco while obeying non-dom regulations. So feck him again.

Unlike most of us he created a company that employs about 26000 people world wide. Many get a more privileged start in life and do nothing so why the hatred?? His earnings come from his company out of profits made all over world not just UK and he is entitled to live anywhere he wants The amount of jealous marxist and other political doctrines spouted in this a football forum has become more than annoying.

Unlike most of us he created a company that employs about 26000 people world wide. Many get a more privileged start in life and do nothing so why the hatred?? His earnings come from his company out of profits made all over world not just UK and he is entitled to live anywhere he wants The amount of jealous marxist and other political doctrines spouted in this a football forum has become more than annoying.

Your name is literally RedPhil

This is the first summer that feel very different with Ineos Team in charge. It seems like we have proper strategy going into the market.

We are working on multiple deals with backup options too. We are also starting to pay reasonable fees and paying more sustainable wages.

Hopefully, gone were the days where we pay 80M for Antony!

Status
Not open for further replies.